ksupilot

2013-2014 NHL Uniform & Logo Changes

Those numbers need black outlines. Otherwise, perfect.

I've been thinking about this because I also took issue with the single-color numbers, and I'm not certain it would work. Putting black right against the green might "muddy it up" considerably. You could go triple-layer and make the numbers green-white-black (it would mimic the jersey striping), but then, what do you do with the green sweater? White-black-white, perhaps? Going single-color may have been the best route here after all.

I didn't like the one color numbers at first either but I'm loving the legibility. Those green/gold/black numbers were a mess on TV. So thick and muddy. In love the solid white on green and solid green on white.

Those numbers need black outlines. Otherwise, perfect.

I've been thinking about this because I also took issue with the single-color numbers, and I'm not certain it would work. Putting black right against the green might "muddy it up" considerably. You could go triple-layer and make the numbers green-white-black (it would mimic the jersey striping), but then, what do you do with the green sweater? White-black-white, perhaps? Going single-color may have been the best route here after all.

The Kelly green is light enough where the black won't muddy it at all. It worked with the Jets.

boomer-esiason.jpgesiason_400x250.jpg

Just wanted to note that in EA NHL 14, the Flames have a blanked out slot for an alternate in the jersey selections. Odd that nothing has been announced by the team, but it looks like we have yet another jersey revealing to look forward to.

Not sure if it was ever mentioned here, but earlier this summer Calgary (and possibly other) retailers were selling Flames alternate jerseys for next to nothing. Sport Chek listed them as "discontinued" jerseys.

Yeah, there's no excuse for not having even just a thin black outline.

I think it's plausible. The Wild always wear the green alts for the home opener, playoffs, and have been giving them out at the draft and new trades/free agent signings for the last few years. Not to mention the new road uses the same striping pattern. They might as well make it the home jersey.

The Stars look great. That bright shade of Kelly green (or whatever the official color is) is fantastic and when they where the green homes on a clean white sheet of ice, it's going to look even better. The minimalism of the uniforms makes the green 'pop' even more.

The Kelly green is light enough where the black won't muddy it at all. It worked with the Jets.

boomer-esiason.jpgesiason_400x250.jpg

Excellent example, and point taken.

It would go against everything else, though. Excluding any of the Stars logos, each instance of victory green does not have a trim of black outline. For the NY Jets, it works due to the minimal black everywhere else. Trimmed numbers would kind of look out of place...and...yes muddy.

I hope we're not going to insist upon "victory green" in every instance for a team that will probably lose at least 50 games.

It would go against everything else, though. Excluding any of the Stars logos, each instance of victory green does not have a trim of black outline. For the NY Jets, it works due to the minimal black everywhere else. Trimmed numbers would kind of look out of place...and...yes muddy.

No, it looks a hundred times more professional. Colours do not need to touch each other on the striping to justify being used as an outline. Numbers and stripes are two completely different aspects of hockey uniforms, and they don't have to match. Right now they look like a beer league team who didn't want to pay the extra $2 fee to add another layer of twill to their numbers. And if you think kelly victory green and black is too "muddy", I recommend you see an optometrist. This is one of quite a few small mistakes that would take these uniforms from "underwhelming" to "alright". The other two (fixing the logo and adding gold) are a bit bigger.

Regarding the Preds, I have to say that the changes are really unnecessary, and a downgrade. Why they changed the socks and pants, yet lefy the apron piping is anyone's guess.

Why they changed the socks and pants, yet lefy the apron piping is anyone's guess.

Because pants and socks are not mass-produced in replica versions for retail sale.

The socks don't match the hem stripes and is the reverse of the sleeve stripes.

I can already tell that's going to screw with me...

Why they changed the socks and pants, yet lefy the apron piping is anyone's guess.

Because pants and socks are not mass-produced in replica versions for retail sale.

The socks are but nobody cares

No, it looks a hundred times more professional. Colours do not need to touch each other on the striping to justify being used as an outline. Numbers and stripes are two completely different aspects of hockey uniforms, and they don't have to match. Right now they look like a beer league team who didn't want to pay the extra $2 fee to add another layer of twill to their numbers. And if you think kelly victory green and black is too "muddy", I recommend you see an optometrist. This is one of quite a few small mistakes that would take these uniforms from "underwhelming" to "alright". The other two (fixing the logo and adding gold) are a bit bigger.

Dallas' new uniforms sets as a whole are anything but "underwhelming".