2013-2014 NHL Uniform & Logo Changes

ksupilot

Ottawans: Is there any merch at all with the profile Senator on it? I've never been able to find a thing, outside of the photo of a hat that leaked out in the lead-up to the initial Edge rollout.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

fun facts:

the minnesota north stars never wore tie-up sweaters in a regular season or playoff game. ever.

neither have the dallas stars.

the dallas stars new uniforms WILL have draw strings.

they will NOT have that shield logo from dallasstars.com, however.

fun facts:

the minnesota north stars never wore tie-up sweaters in a regular season or playoff game. ever.

neither have the dallas stars.

the dallas stars new uniforms WILL have draw strings.

they will NOT have that shield logo from dallasstars.com, however.

Can you go into any details about the colours?

all i know for sure is that it's going to be kelly green primarily.

and that they toyed with adding silver to the green/gold combo, so it might be there now.

gaglardi has said that he's "listened to the fans" on this one, so i'd be shocked if it wasn't kelly green and gold (either athletic or metallic). i'd expect black too, but wouldn't be ENTIRELY shocked if it wasn't there.

he said that the stars are a second-six franchise and they should look like one. he wants a sweater that looks nice NOW, and wouldn't have looked out of place in the 50's either. he also said there's an outside chance that they won't be changed until the year after next, but only if he's not absolutely in love with the final prototype that he should have looked at this week.

he said he wants the stars to do it right this time, and never have to do it again.

The idea that the Stars won't have the green jerseys for next year is unfathomable at this point. They have looked so bad for so long; I feel like hockey boards have clamored for the green going on 8 years at this point. It could be pushed back another year?

I'm very curious to see what happens...Teams that use green /teal are making some sizeable changes. (Minn/Dal/SJ). Will we be a better-looking league following the enhancements? I want to say "yes," but there are so many braindead people when it comes to aesthetics...

and that they toyed with adding silver to the green/gold combo, so it might be there now.

gaglardi has said that he's "listened to the fans" on this one, so i'd be shocked if it wasn't kelly green and gold (either athletic or metallic). i'd expect black too, but wouldn't be ENTIRELY shocked if it wasn't there.

he said that the stars are a second-six franchise and they should look like one. he wants a sweater that looks nice NOW, and wouldn't have looked out of place in the 50's either. he also said there's an outside chance that they won't be changed until the year after next, but only if he's not absolutely in love with the final prototype that he should have looked at this week.

he said he wants the stars to do it right this time, and never have to do it again.

This has me really excited. By the sounds of it, they're gonna pull a Blue Jays, so to speak.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

I've said it before and I'll say it again - I don't care if a team is formed tomorrow and uses laces on their collars. It doesn't matter to me. I like the look and the more teams that use it the better IMO.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

That's great to hear. Sounds like they're heading in the right direction.

he wants a sweater that looks nice NOW, and wouldn't have looked out of place in the 50's either.

So basically another faux-retro, unoriginal pile of blandness.

johnstewart_facepalm.gif

No, not at all actually. Read Cole's post again. The Stars are very aware that they're one of the "original" '67 expansion teams. This isn't like the Tampa Bay f'ing Lighting playing Original Six dress-up. This is a team that has every right to go traditional if they so choose. Put the knee jerk anti-traditional outrage away, just once.

Really though, the Stars will never be able to top these uniforms:

mike-modano.jpg

p1_modano3_all.jpg

If they really want to go the retro/throwback route, all they have to do is bring these back and they'll immediately be one of the best-dressed teams in the league.

You know, I really love those jerseys, but I think winning the cup in them and the jerseys being gotten rid of solely because of the RBK Edge jerseys has put them on a bigger pedestal than they deserve.

We'd probably be calling them really dated if they had been around all this time. They were nice, but I bet they wouldn't be quite so sweet now if they had been used from then to now.

As long as this new jersey set looks like a professional hockey jersey, I think I'll be happy.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

Sounds like the Stars are gonna gonna try to do what the Lightning did, except they actually have a history. I'm all in favor if the Starts going this route. Green and good is such a good color scheme you don't need anything special to make it look good.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

mike-modano.jpg

p1_modano3_all.jpg

If they really want to go the retro/throwback route, all they have to do is bring these back and they'll immediately be one of the best-dressed teams in the league.

Can't argue with this.

Growing up in the DFW area for almost all my life, every time I think of the Dallas Stars and ehat they represent, these uniforms come to mind. I think something we have to come to terms with is that although the North Stars franchise lives on, the identity does not. What this Dallas team had done was simply received the torch and made it their own through an appropriate branding. They should certainly look the part and honor this cup winning set instead

Midway.png

i like those jerseys for sentimental purposes only...

if we're talking about stars uniforms that "Can't be topped" then this is where it's at:

BRON107000.jpg

luckily, it sounds like the new sweaters are going to be taking great strides in this direction.

a modernized version of this would make me perfectly happy:

NorthStars80-81F.png

mike-modano.jpg

p1_modano3_all.jpg

Can't argue with this.

Growing up in the DFW area for almost all my life, every time I think of the Dallas Stars and ehat they represent, these uniforms come to mind. I think something we have to come to terms with is that although the North Stars franchise lives on, the identity does not. What this Dallas team had done was simply received the torch and made it their own through an appropriate branding. They should certainly look the part and honor this cup winning set instead

Now that I look at the green one, does anyone else feel like the black portion of the jersey bleeds into the pants? Obviously it's not a problem on the white because of the green bottom. Do you think the jersey in the top picture would look better if the green and black were swapped?

A buddy of mine who owns a sporting goods store and has a Reebok account says the Penguins will have a new third jersey next year

Here's to the 91-92 jersey

Doesn't MA Fleury have the Robo-Pen on his new helmet? Fingers crossed...

Why do they insist on honouring the crappy teams that no one cares about from the 70s instead of the franchise's best-ever years?

Crossin my fingers also... hopin its the black set to be specific.

AP99022501279.jpg

I know the RBK rep from Pittsburgh. I will see his wife tomorrow and Mario's sis-in-law works with me...but she's very weird about talking hockey and the fam. I'll try to get some answers tomorrow or Wed. at the latest. I'd really hope they ditch Vegas in favor of Athletic, but that's Mario's baby and the new arena's seats are vegas so I doubt that'll ever happen...Probably another blue monstrostiy :(

Update: Take this for what it's worth from the RBK guy...

"There was going to be one, but Pen's nixed the idea...I didn't know why they did that...Even had a Pen's 3rd TBA in the catalog"

KISSwall09.jpg

mike-modano.jpg

p1_modano3_all.jpg

Can't argue with this.

Now that I look at the green one, does anyone else feel like the black portion of the jersey bleeds into the pants? Obviously it's not a problem on the white because of the green bottom. Do you think the jersey in the top picture would look better if the green and black were swapped?

No, I don't think so.

I agree that these jerseys are probably held up on a higher pedestal because of the reebok change than they would be if they had still been around. Yes there are good, really good.....but nothing amazing.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

or even a modernized version of this:

Blues08.png

That was always my favourite Blues uniform. I just think they look better in a light blue shade as opposed to dark.

ABSOLUTELY

And these are the colors the Blues wore on their Stanley cup final 68, 69, 70.

Archived