2013-2014 NHL Uniform & Logo Changes

ksupilot

I think underwhelming is a fair assessment. Nothing that really stands out to me as a huge positive but as BigBubba noted plenty of features that could stand a tweak or two. I like the color green but I still feel the way I did when they came out, they're just "kinda there".

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

like anything else, i guess some people are going to love, some people are going to hate it, and some people are going think they're okay. [/mitchhedberg]

as a stars fan, i'm incredibly pleased. the only thing that strikes me as actually being WRONG with these uniforms is the duck tail. if they had a straight hem like a classic nhl sweater, they'd be flawless.

that said, there are a few things i'd tweak. i'd probably go without shoulder logos all together, or a less off-center texas logo. i'd also go green helmets at home. but those arent things that are wrong really, as much as things i'd probably change.

i could get on board with a 3 color (white, black, and silver on the homes, green,silver, and black on the roads) number set before i could support a 2 color set... but i'm perfectly happy with the clean legibility of the 1 color numbers right now.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Damn, those are nice.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

The more you see those new stars jerseys, the better they look.

The change removed that logo, and the fact that there was nothing left from the North Stars days on the uniforms anymore depressed me.

The star logo behind the "D" is the same as the star over the "N". Well in theory at least it is.

Pekke Rinne's new mask has...a face hugger alien.

090613_rinne.jpg

I can't tell what it's laying it's eggs into. A sabretoothed-tiger?

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

The more you see those new stars jerseys, the better they look.

The change removed that logo, and the fact that there was nothing left from the North Stars days on the uniforms anymore depressed me.

The star logo behind the "D" is the same as the star over the "N". Well in theory at least it is.

3stars_zpsf39a6236.png

NorthStars00.pngStars14.png

same team :)

This is how the Preds jerseys SHOULD look (piping removed)

1a78fdc9145dbaab7f18490eb3c234be.png

Yeah, no. Without the piping, that blue spot is unnecessary and isn't tied to the jersey at all. However, if you remove it, the jersey is far too plain. More needs to be done than just removing the piping.

This whole Sabres thing confuses me.

I get that the uniform is awful, because it is. I just don't understand how it's being ranked as worse than some of the real aesthetic dumpster fires in NHL history. Are we really saying this, an ALTERNATE, is worse than the full-time Gorton's and Flying V jerseys? Are we saying it's worse than the Burger King and Wild Wing jerseys?

I think it's absolute trash and should never see the ice but it's far from the worst of all time.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

This is how the Preds jerseys SHOULD look (piping removed)

1a78fdc9145dbaab7f18490eb3c234be.png

Yeah, no. Without the piping, that blue spot is unnecessary and isn't tied to the jersey at all. However, if you remove it, the jersey is far too plain. More needs to be done than just removing the piping.

I don't know, the blue by itself actually looks pretty cool; and it represents fangs somehow, which is cool. The piping just makes it look cluttered.

I don't like those blue patches and I don't really buy the whole "It (kind sorta) looks like fangs!" thing. I really don't think it would look too "bare" without them, but if you must, just add a shoulder yoke.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

OK - here we go...

Anaheim Ducks - 20th Anniversary Mark (Metallic version):

AnaheimDucks_CMM0100a_2014_SCC_SRGB.png

Anaheim Ducks - 20th Anniversary Mark (Non-Metallic version):

AnaheimDucks_CMM0100b_2014_SCC_SRGB.png

Boston Bruins - 90th Anniversary Mark:

BostonBruins_CMM0100a_2014_SCC_SRGB.png

Florida Panthers - 20th Anniversary Mark (Metallic version):

FloridaPanthers_CMM0100a_2014_SCC_SRGB.p

Florida Panthers - 20th Anniversary Mark (Non-Metallic version):

FloridaPanthers_CMM0100b_2014_SCC_SRGB.p

Nashville Predators - 15th Anniversary Mark:

NashvillePredators_CMM0100a_2014_SCC_SRG

The Ducks and Panthers both use custom colors for the gradients...the issue for me reproducing these in RGB is due to the fact that the designer(s?) took older CMYK equivalents and simply added percentages of Black to create the custom colors. In these cases, I need to manually create these colors in Illustrator in order to accurately portray these in RGB.

Archived