2013-2014 NHL Uniform & Logo Changes

ksupilot

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Then there's this:

$(KGrHqMOKjsE3syyc!PmBN8Ccf7HFw~~_35.JPG

A fifth anniversary is something teams in my fantasy hockey league would celebrate (we're actually in discussions as to whether or not we should). If I owned a team, I'd want to celebrate something stupid like our 17th anniversary just 'cause.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

You could reduce it to absurdity and celebrate every year. Actually, that's not a half-bad idea. You could get creative with it, knowing it's an annual thing. Teams have annual slogans, so why not logos?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

This is how the Preds jerseys SHOULD look (piping removed)

1a78fdc9145dbaab7f18490eb3c234be.png

Now just put the guitar pick on both shoulders, and I'm completely sold. That looks fantastic.
On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

OK - here we go...

Anaheim Ducks - 20th Anniversary Mark (Metallic version):

AnaheimDucks_CMM0100a_2014_SCC_SRGB.png

Anaheim Ducks - 20th Anniversary Mark (Non-Metallic version):

AnaheimDucks_CMM0100b_2014_SCC_SRGB.png

Boston Bruins - 90th Anniversary Mark:

BostonBruins_CMM0100a_2014_SCC_SRGB.png

Florida Panthers - 20th Anniversary Mark (Metallic version):

FloridaPanthers_CMM0100a_2014_SCC_SRGB.p

Florida Panthers - 20th Anniversary Mark (Non-Metallic version):

FloridaPanthers_CMM0100b_2014_SCC_SRGB.p

Nashville Predators - 25th Anniversary Mark:

NashvillePredators_CMM0100a_2014_SCC_SRG

The Ducks and Panthers both use custom colors for the gradients...the issue for me reproducing these in RGB is due to the fact that the designer(s?) took older CMYK equivalents and simply added percentages of Black to create the custom colors. In these cases, I need to manually create these colors in Illustrator in order to accurately portray these in RGB.

Shouldn't that Preds one be 15th Anniversary??

I would rather see a stripped-down version of this on the other shoulder (just like how the primary is a stripped-down version of the old logo):

455_nashville-predators-alternate-2007.g

I never liked this logo. It looked like the primary logo died. Which, for the reasons admiral listed above, isn't the message you want to send about the team.

Now just put the guitar pick on both shoulders, and I'm completely sold. That looks fantastic.

I like the idea of only putting the alternate logo on one shoulder, if the plan is to use the free shoulder for things like anniversary patches or Stanley Cup Finals patches, thus leaving the front of the sweater clutter free. Sadly they probably won't do this.

I like the idea of only putting the alternate logo on one shoulder, if the plan is to use the free shoulder for things like anniversary patches or Stanley Cup Finals patches, thus leaving the front of the sweater clutter free. Sadly they probably won't do this.
I actually prefer the patch to be on the front rather than on the shoulder. That's actually my only gripe about the Leafs Winter Classic sweater - how the patch is on the shoulder.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Skulls can look cool, but they don't really portray the right message for a sporting team. Unless you're the Pirates or something, but even then.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

Jim Balsillie

Isn't he working at a bowling alley now?
In Hamilton that's considered the highest honor anyone can get.

:notworthy:

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Archived