2013-2014 NHL Uniform & Logo Changes

ksupilot

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pretty much confirmed, but always nice to see re-assurance...

http://www.icethetics.info/blog/2013/9/11/ducks-prepare-for-throwback-night.html

Great news! If only the team would go back to Eggplant & Jade full time. Curious to see how they are gonna adapt the jersey to the edge format.

The current Ducks jerseys are the basically the same striping, just flattened out and starting from the other side of the jersey, so it shouldn't be that much of a problem.

2399158950100337552s425.jpg

anaheim_edge_away_3.jpg

IbjBaeE.png

It might be a problem. Their current hem stripe is intercepted by the panels of the cut of their edge template.

selanne.jpg

If this is how they adapt the Ducks old stripes to the edge then it'll have the same problem.

Just noticed for the first time that the stripes slant different directions between old and new. Hmmph.

PvO6ZWJ.png

It's funny because I remember back in 2006 when people were clamoring for the Mighty Ducks to be rebranded because they were "too 90's" and "too Disney for a pro team." Now people badly want them back. Proof of you don't know what you have until it's gone. I have no problem with that and I also like the Mighty Ducks better than the Ducks, but I'm just observing that feeling.

It's funny because I remember back in 2006 when people were clamoring for the Mighty Ducks to be rebranded because they were "too 90's" and "too Disney for a pro team." Now people badly want them back. Proof of you don't know what you have until it's gone. I have no problem with that and I also like the Mighty Ducks better than the Ducks, but I'm just observing that feeling.

So Mr. Krabs, would you say you are feeling it now?

IbjBaeE.png

The current Ducks template doesn't have a yoke cut, so there's no place for a shoulder patch. The Mighty Ducks jersey had the patch on shoulders so they may just use a new template all together. C'est la vie

Nah, they don't need a traditional yoke cut to feature shoulder patches. Just look at Calgary, Columbus, Colorado etc.

I don't think it'll be too hard for them to adapt the jersey to an EDGE cut. The Owen Sound Attack used the same cut that Anaheim uses now, but their graphics are all subliminated. I see no reason why they can't do this for the throwback.

OttawaSenators.png

Haha. I guess I am. But seriously, it brings back memories of their 2003 Stanley Cup run from when I was a sophomore in high school.

I like both eras of Ducks branding. There, I said it.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I'm excited for this game, even if the Sens will completely offset the good looks of the Ducks.

Won't it be like the semi-attractive girl hanging with the token ugly girl to make herself look better?

Even worse, you should see the ugly girl's parents.

I like both eras of Ducks branding. There, I said it.

Same here, but I wouldn't want to see them go back to the old stuff. I'd be okay if they decided to go back to the old logo, but I want them to keep the current color scheme no matter what (maybe use more orange though).

I didn't mind dropping the "Mighty", as it did sound too cartoony, but I didn't want the identity to get a complete overhaul like it did. They were unique, and actually looked good.

They do look good, but they just scream 90's pastel colors to me. The new scheme is fresh and less tiresome to me.

Plus, I believe the whole "Orange County" theme they have with the alts has really gone over with the fans.

Not really. I was excited to see them drop the Disney look in 2006, and I'm not a fan of it returning, even if it's only in a limited capacity. It was too cartoony for a NHL team then, and that still holds true for them now.

Thank goodness they specified which Barclays Center this was in, as I might have assumed it was the Barclays Center in Branson, MO.

In Soviet Russia, oligarch puts building on YOU!

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived