2013-2014 NHL Uniform & Logo Changes

ksupilot

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Viktor Fasth is going to wear a Guy Hebert tribute mask for the throwback game. So many good childhood memories flushing back. GUY-FENSE!

image_zpsa8c16dd1.jpg

Yep that just gave me goosebumps. Looking at that thing brings back my childhood. You have no clue how many times I sketched that damn mask design on my homework papers!

Wish it was Shtalenkov instead.

032712-NHL-Mikhail-Shtalenkov-PI_2012032

16950.jpg

C'mon Hiller, make us proud!

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Viktor Fasth is going to wear a Guy Hebert tribute mask for the throwback game. So many good childhood memories flushing back. GUY-FENSE!

image_zpsa8c16dd1.jpg

That's pretty sweet. Distinct colour scheme, not too busy, plus a reference to an older mask. Can't go wrong with that.

eMXEIDC.png

toIYnW8.png

Guy freakin Hebert...wow...theres a name I haven't heard in a while.

Question- do you think these outdoor games, or a select few, will have alumni games?

LA vs Anaheim would be cool.

I doubt Gretz would suit up, but Robitaille, Blake, Hrudey, Kurri, Dave Taylor, maybe even Marcel Dionne, etc vs. Paul Kariya, Niedermayer, Steve Rucchin, Guy Hebert, maybe have Selanne play just to see him with Kariya again.

sig.png

They've probably just got a picture of the old jersey, stuck on the 20th Anniversary patch and called it a day. There's no reason to assume the NHL shield won't be there, seeing as every jersey since 2007 - throwbacks included - has featured it at the collar.

Montreal wore these throwbacks in 2009 vs New Jersey. I guess Reebok let them wear the old CCM style for this game.

552638feeb9e66274e945f302db33d98.png

I honestly don't even know anymore. It could be a case that since Montreal had 5 or so throwback jerseys for their centennial that Reebok didn't care too much about the individual detail of each jersey. But then again, the Flames wore their retro jersey (also a CCM cut) with the NHL shield cheaply plastered on there, so who knows.

dustinboydthrowback.jpg

OttawaSenators.png

I have a general question about NHL jerseys these days...

Why do teams stick with one design for several years in this day in age of marketing opportunites and profiteering schemes? Seriously. Why not come out with a new design every year or so like in the EPL. The Canucks have had the exact same jersey for coming on 7 years...canucks fans would lap up new/current designs like fools and I'm sure a lot of other NHL teams' fans would too.

Oh boy.......

Oh boy what? I'm just wondering why one sports league does it so differently to another. I'm more in favour of how the NHL goes about things but I would have thought they would be milking the fans' want to buy new merch more regularly these days.

Then Reebok would start experimenting, that's why.

Oh yeah, that one other game.

I think the Ducks have already confirmed it'll be set to an Edge cut rather than a CCM jersey.

Question- do you think these outdoor games, or a select few, will have alumni games?

LA vs Anaheim would be cool.

There won't be an alumni game.

That is correct. The logistics of setting up the ice and getting it to Vancouver along with other things, just didn't work out for a Kings-Ducks Alumni game.

Archived