2013-2014 NHL Uniform & Logo Changes

ksupilot

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This just came to me, but I'm surprised that not a single nhl team has a helmet logo. I mean wouldn't you think over all the years helmets have been worn, that it would become a thing?

Some teams throw specific logos or scripts only on their helmet. But its not really surprising. The helmet doesn't play that big of a role uniform wise in hockey, unlike football. Any logos put on the helmets are tiny any ways.

This just came to me, but I'm surprised that not a single nhl team has a helmet logo. I mean wouldn't you think over all the years helmets have been worn, that it would become a thing?

Outside of the University of Michigan, I can't think of one hockey team at any level that has a "helmet logo" in that sense, and even that's just a homage to their famous football helmets

Outside of the University of Michigan, I can't think of one hockey team at any level that has a "helmet logo" in that sense, and even that's just a homage to their famous football helmets

There are a few collegiate teams whose helmets are based on the school's football helmets - Michigan, Ohio State, Notre Dame - come to mind. But even those are more stripes than helmet logos.

z9e0rqit393ojiizsemd0t1hx.gif74937881997.gifUnited States (2016 - Pres)North Carolina Tar Heels (2015 - Pres)

I honestly don't even know anymore. It could be a case that since Montreal had 5 or so throwback jerseys for their centennial that Reebok didn't care too much about the individual detail of each jersey. But then again, the Flames wore their retro jersey (also a CCM cut) with the NHL shield cheaply plastered on there, so who knows.

dustinboydthrowback.jpg

Dat Patch....

I think that really is more of a football thing. Hockey helmets are a lot smaller and the jersey's a lot bigger. I find my eyes are drawn more to what's on the jersey than anything on the lids. Adding football stripes or Michigan's... thing, would be a bit too much. It works for football, but it's enough to make a hockey uniform feel like a mess.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

Some teams throw specific logos or scripts only on their helmet. But its not really surprising. The helmet doesn't play that big of a role uniform wise in hockey, unlike football. Any logos put on the helmets are tiny any ways.

Don't the Kings use their old '80s Laker-esque wordmark? That's the only helmet-specific treatment that stands out to me.

My first choice in a new third for my Flames would be the white version of our original jersey, even if it has to be in the Edge cut. Second choice: black jersey, red flaming C, red numbers, a little bit of yellow trim, no unneeded extra white outline of the logo (as on the shoulder of the horsehead jersey) and horizontal striping only.

Either result = Jersey purchase. Otherwise, likely not.

Over at CalgaryPuck.com they are talking about a yellow third jersey.

"I have a friend that works with the EA sports design team in Vancouver. He told me the new Flames jerseys are not pretty. I ask him the main color he replied Yellow."

"Gio will be the captain...mark it down. The jerseys will be mostly gold in color typical to the Nashville mustard jerseys."

Take it for what it is worth....

http://forum.calgarypuck.com/showthread.php?t=125789&page=31

Over at CalgaryPuck.com they are talking about a yellow third jersey.

"I have a friend that works with the EA sports design team in Vancouver. He told me the new Flames jerseys are not pretty. I ask him the main color he replied Yellow."

"Gio will be the captain...mark it down. The jerseys will be mostly gold in color typical to the Nashville mustard jerseys."

Take it for what it is worth....

http://forum.calgarypuck.com/showthread.php?t=125789&page=31

That is my lingering fear. Still, I'd wear a yellow Flames jersey that everyone hates on this site before wearing any of the other 29 teams' rags.

Belleville.jpg

This with a red Flaming C wouldn't be so bad, but I'm not optimistic that a yellow jersey will work out well for us.

If it is black, I think a red Flaming C is the way to go, much like the logo behind Jay and Klimchuk at this year's draft.

image_zps4c781c47.jpg

This would also work.

image_zps8f663e1a.jpg

I hate when an unnecessary white outline is added to our logo when it is on a black background, as below.

image_zps764f78c9.jpg

Canada Post has released stamps for the Canadian teams in the NHL...ON is the logo on a puck and the other is the team home jersey for each team and in the background, each fan is wearing a previous jersey from that team's history.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=682403&navid=nhl:topheads

I was hoping for one of those stamps from the Habs' anniversary. My brother has one of them and they are friggin' sweet.

eMXEIDC.png

toIYnW8.png

Archived