2013-2014 NHL Uniform & Logo Changes

ksupilot

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Made it official:

Ducks going retro for "Throwback Night" Oct. 13 vs Ottawa
throwbacknight_instory_revised.jpg

The Ducks announced today that the club will celebrate “Throwback Night” at Honda Center on Sunday, Oct. 13 vs. Ottawa (5 p.m.). As part of Anaheim’s 20th anniversary season, the team will compete in Mighty Ducks retro jerseys (purple) [Ed. note: IT'S EGGPLANT! :evil:] for the contest against the Senators. In addition, a majority of original 1993-94 Mighty Ducks team members will take part in festivities throughout the game, celebrating 20 years of Ducks hockey.

Fans attending “Throwback Night” can anticipate an all-1990s experience. A special “93 Cent Menu” will be created for the evening, featuring $0.93 popcorn, a $0.93 fountain soda and a $0.93 sweet treat. Video elements will include look-backs at original Mighty Ducks opening videos and footage from the club’s inaugural game on Oct. 8, 1993 vs. Detroit at the then-Arrowhead Pond of Anaheim. A majority of the original 1993-94 Mighty Ducks of Anaheim squad will take center ice for a pre-game ceremony and honorary puck drop. Fans can also look forward to early 1990s music, as well as early 1990s graphics and video elements as part of in-arena entertainment. A variety of retro merchandise will be available on Oct. 13 at the brand-new Anaheim Ducks Team Store, set to open on Oct. 10 (home opener vs. New York Rangers).

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Will the Ducks be selling and Edge version of the classic sweater or will it be old school CCM style ?

I cant see it being CCM since Rebook holds all rights. It will be an updated Edge. Mark my words.

I hope not. The WC uniforms are CCM cuts, right?

If they put the eggplant throwback on a Reebok EDGE, I'll think of the crappy shoulder patches and weep.

eMXEIDC.png

toIYnW8.png

Made it official:

Ducks going retro for "Throwback Night" Oct. 13 vs Ottawa

throwbacknight_instory_revised.jpg

The Ducks announced today that the club will celebrate “Throwback Night” at Honda Center on Sunday, Oct. 13 vs. Ottawa (5 p.m.). As part of Anaheim’s 20th anniversary season, the team will compete in Mighty Ducks retro jerseys (purple) [Ed. note: IT'S EGGPLANT! :evil:] for the contest against the Senators. In addition, a majority of original 1993-94 Mighty Ducks team members will take part in festivities throughout the game, celebrating 20 years of Ducks hockey.

Fans attending “Throwback Night” can anticipate an all-1990s experience. A special “93 Cent Menu” will be created for the evening, featuring $0.93 popcorn, a $0.93 fountain soda and a $0.93 sweet treat. Video elements will include look-backs at original Mighty Ducks opening videos and footage from the club’s inaugural game on Oct. 8, 1993 vs. Detroit at the then-Arrowhead Pond of Anaheim. A majority of the original 1993-94 Mighty Ducks of Anaheim squad will take center ice for a pre-game ceremony and honorary puck drop. Fans can also look forward to early 1990s music, as well as early 1990s graphics and video elements as part of in-arena entertainment. A variety of retro merchandise will be available on Oct. 13 at the brand-new Anaheim Ducks Team Store, set to open on Oct. 10 (home opener vs. New York Rangers).

I just bought tickets! Flying down from Calgary!!

Will the Ducks be selling and Edge version of the classic sweater or will it be old school CCM style ?

I cant see it being CCM since Rebook holds all rights. It will be an updated Edge. Mark my words.

Reebok owns CCM

I did not know that, regardless I can not see CCM being branded on the jersey. From what I recall other throwbacks over the years has been updated with The Rebook Edge template.

The Canadiens wore whites during the centennial that CCM cut, without the shield as well. Maybe the Ducks will also?

Calgary wore CCM throwbacks a couple years ago and just added the shield to the old-style collar.

This, of course, begs the question that if the old CCM cut is apparently still available to teams, why on Earth do they all still wear the hideous Edge template?

They do, more or less. If you compare today's Edge sweaters with the original Edge sweaters you'll notice that today's versions are less form fitting. The tighter fits and the moisture whisking materials were panned by players. So the original Edge material was done away with and the cuts on the on-ice sweaters returned to the old CCM style (the replicas, however, still use the slimmer Edge proportions).

The only things left from the original Edge rollout, cut-wise, are the scooped hem lines and the new style collars. The former needs to go away, the latter I can live with.

Only the retail versions of the WC unis are CCM cuts, the game worn jerseys are EDGE.

Uhhh no winter classics are reebok edge cut jerseys, I have blackhawks and Red Wings winter classic jerseys and have seen many more, the only ccm cut jersey I have seen in the past 7 years is my Montreal Barber pole jersey

If they put the eggplant throwback on a Reebok EDGE, I'll think of the crappy shoulder patches and weep.

Nope winter classics are edge cut

Over at CalgaryPuck.com they are talking about a yellow third jersey.

"I have a friend that works with the EA sports design team in Vancouver. He told me the new Flames jerseys are not pretty. I ask him the main color he replied Yellow."

"Gio will be the captain...mark it down. The jerseys will be mostly gold in color typical to the Nashville mustard jerseys."

Take it for what it is worth....

http://forum.calgarypuck.com/showthread.php?t=125789&page=31

Well they already have the worst jerseys in the league, no sense in not making the third Retina Searing awful...

Uhhh no winter classics are reebok edge cut jerseys, I have blackhawks and Red Wings winter classic jerseys and have seen many more, the only ccm cut jersey I have seen in the past 7 years is my Montreal Barber pole jersey

You're right, the retail Winter Classic jerseys from 2009 are EDGE, but I believe from that year on, they only sell CCM cut Winter Classic versions (except 2011 when Washington and Pittsburg adapted their WC jerseys as alternate jerseys).

OttawaSenators.png

The original Mighty Ducks jerseys did not have shoulder patches.

The original Mighty Ducks jerseys did not have shoulder patches.

I'll be surprised if they're not wearing the shoulder patched jerseys.

The two times they've brought out the Mighty jersey for a ceremony since changing names/logos/colors, the jerseys have had the shoulder patches. Now while Kurri only wore a jersey with the patches, and Rucchin wore the patches for the large majority of his Ducks career so they are accurate in that sense, I'd venture to say it's some small (probably very small) indication that the'll probably wear the patches on the throwback.

3283770930_8e39d3a416_z.jpg-625476_ORIGINAL.jpg?quality=80&size=650

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Archived