ksupilot

2013-2014 NHL Uniform & Logo Changes

So if the Calgary rumor proves true, I guess yellow/gold/mustard is the new navy and light blue of the NHL. Great. I'm glad Nashville was unique for one year before the bandwagoning began.

So if the Calgary rumor proves true, I guess yellow/gold/mustard is the new navy and light blue of the NHL. Great. I'm glad Nashville was unique for one year before the bandwagoning began.

Two. They wore those jerseys starting in 2011.

It'll be required soon that every Western conference team will have to have a yellow sweater.

It'll be required soon that every Western conference team will have to have a yellow sweater.

Rumour has it the Sharks are all for it as yellow is lighter than teal, and less pigment equals better performance.

Which league/association has it worse with teams all jumping to new fads until they quickly become stale? NCAA or the NHL? NCAA teams all have to have matte or chrome helmets whereas the NHL teams all jump to a trendy color combo (navy blue and light blue of a few years ago).

Which league/association has it worse with teams all jumping to new fads until they quickly become stale? NCAA or the NHL? NCAA teams all have to have matte or chrome helmets whereas the NHL teams all jump to a trendy color combo (navy blue and light blue of a few years ago).
A lot teams getting the same horrible colour scheme is worse than helmet detailing IMO

@Still MIGHTY, how do we know Kurri and Rooch didn't bring their own jerseys?

The team said they're going back to the '93 uniforms, so I'm going to have to assume there's no patch until shown otherwise.

Rumour has it the Sharks are all for it as yellow is lighter than teal, and less pigment equals better performance.

Can't be weighed down by all those extra photons.

@Still MIGHTY, how do we know Kurri and Rooch didn't bring their own jerseys?

The team said they're going back to the '93 uniforms, so I'm going to have to assume there's no patch until shown otherwise.

Rooch, maybe, but I somehow doubt Kurri did.

All the team said, at least in the official release I posted, was that they would wear "Mighty Ducks retro jerseys" no specification of which iteration. And the two Teemu photos they used on the homepage and in the article were from his second stint wearing the #13 and shoulder patches. So who knows, I guess. My prediction is the patched jerseys, but we'll see.

I thought I had read that they're going back to the uniforms from 1993, but I may be wrong about that. But still, the whole throwback night is supposed to be a throwback to 1993, as they'll have the 1993-94 team in attendance, and they're planning on all this .93 cent soda and crap. I have to think the uniforms will go along with that.

Photo on Icethetics.info of this 20th anniversary bobble-head should answer the question about whether or not it will have shoulder patches.

0911-ana-bobble.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEV

From now on we'll just have to get used to the fact that the Ducks will always have a horrible shoulder patch on their sweaters.

I am thinking that the rumours of a yellow 3rd jersey for the Flames are supported by the current logo being used by the team in recent promotional materials.

image_zps410380f9.jpg

I believe the Flames have never used this particular colour combination with the Flaming C. Does the lack of yellow indicate that this will be used on a yellow background? Or does it mean that there will be no yellow in the new 3rd at all?

Considering that promotional image alone, I would of guessed it's gonna be a blackout jersey.

The Canadiens wore whites during the centennial that CCM cut, without the shield as well. Maybe the Ducks will also?

Calgary wore CCM throwbacks a couple years ago and just added the shield to the old-style collar.

This, of course, begs the question that if the old CCM cut is apparently still available to teams, why on Earth do they all still wear the hideous Edge template?

They do, more or less. If you compare today's Edge sweaters with the original Edge sweaters you'll notice that today's versions are less form fitting. The tighter fits and the moisture whisking materials were panned by players. So the original Edge material was done away with and the cuts on the on-ice sweaters returned to the old CCM style (the replicas, however, still use the slimmer Edge proportions).

The only things left from the original Edge rollout, cut-wise, are the scooped hem lines and the new style collars. The former needs to go away, the latter I can live with.

I find it funny how quickly the form fitting jerseys disappeared. That was a huge part of the Edge's design was that they were going to be tighter, more aerodynamic as dumb as that sounds. Reebok wanted them to be like long sleeve football jerseys essentially (ignoring that tight jerseys in hockey aren't necessary to the sport like they are in football).

Then players all collectively said to their equipment managers "can I get this two sizes bigger?" and the whole thing fell apart.

I don't mind the edge construction or the look of the jerseys, I just wish the replicas didn't have those odd slits on the hem and the cheapy cheap cheap cheapy cheap shoulder patches.

The Edge replica's are an absolute joke

I am thinking that the rumours of a yellow 3rd jersey for the Flames are supported by the current logo being used by the team in recent promotional materials.

image_zps410380f9.jpg

I believe the Flames have never used this particular colour combination with the Flaming C. Does the lack of yellow indicate that this will be used on a yellow background? Or does it mean that there will be no yellow in the new 3rd at all?

What are you talking about? That logo is outlined in yellow... no different from the one that appears on the red jersey

If yellow turns out to be the new fad, I hope the Bruins jump on the wagon and make their alternate a yellow version of the home/road jerseys.

image_zps410380f9.jpg

What are you talking about? That logo is outlined in yellow... no different from the one that appears on the red jersey

If you look at the areas that aren't lighted up, it's unmistakably red-orange.

If yellow turns out to be the new fad, I hope the Bruins jump on the wagon and make their alternate a yellow version of the home/road jerseys.

Their WC set was a beaut. Brown and gold looked good together, and it would've worked as an alternate.

I am thinking that the rumours of a yellow 3rd jersey for the Flames are supported by the current logo being used by the team in recent promotional materials.image_zps410380f9.jpg

What I am talking about is that there is no yellow being used in this particular Flaming C. The one used on our main home jersey with a red base is black, outlined in white, then outlined again in yellow.

This image I posted is a black Flaming C, outlined in white, then outlined again in red. Does this mean it will be used on a yellow based 3rd jersey? I'm thinking yes, although I think that a red Flaming C, outlined in white, then black would look better if this is the case. Below is a practice jersey I saved from destruction in the 2013 Saddledome Flood by purchasing it at the team equipment sale in June for reference.

image_zps4c944c15.jpg