ksupilot

2013-2014 NHL Uniform & Logo Changes

I don't think people really started fetishizing the Blackhawks' uniform until the organ-eye-zation hit its nadir back around 2003. I mean, they were always talked about as one of the better uniforms alongside Montreal and Detroit, it just became a matter of "we have to say something nice about this team that can't do a single thing right, so how about this nice uniform they keep losing in?" Once John McDonough replaced Bob Pulford, that's when The Enduring Glory Of The Sacred Indian Head really went into overdrive (Denis Savard with the assist), because that's what John McDonough does so well.

So you're saying that we can stop the mask-fetish now that they're good?

Finally.

No, having won two championships will only make it worse. I'm gonna talk about their gentlemanly stately elegance so much, you'll think I'm Gothamite.

But, it, you, them ... aurghhh!!!!

Can't we all agree to hate them for JUST one day?

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2013/09/15/ovechkin-on-nhls-new-no-tuck-jersey-rule-i-think-its-kind-of-stupid/

Take a look at the comments regarding ads on jerseys...do these posters have a point? Unfounded fear?

hockeyflow33 - Sep 15, 2013 at 4:40 PM

So stupid. It’s not for the officiating, it’s for their marketing efforts. Players have numbers on their sleeves and helmet, no one with an ounce of sense thinks this is because an official can’t see a number

950003cups - Sep 15, 2013 at 9:12 PM
  • only one reason I can think of for the league to mandate such a senseless rule.

ENDORSEMENTS

They want the whole jersey to show.

I think the league is a few seasons away from us looking like the European leagues. With advertisement patches all over the jerseys and helmets.

So they want to implement it now that everyone shows every dollar inch of that jersey. Guys like Ovi can bring the league a lot of cash for that bottom quarter panel of his jersey if its untucked.

I think it's more that tucking in your sweater makes you look like a slob.

Looks like the Kings have ditched the Gretzky-era wordmark on their helmets, switching to the current one.

kingshelmet_zps32cb982b.jpg

Looks like the Kings have ditched the Gretzky-era wordmark on their helmets, switching to the current one.

kingshelmet_zps32cb982b.jpg

Now all they need is a waist stripe on the home uniform and they'll look decent.

It makes sense from a continuity standpoint, but I don't understand why the Kings cannot let go of the elements of their 1998 redesign, even through uniform changes and color scheme changes. It's not the ugliest stuff in history, but it's nothing to be this married to.

It also appears that the Kings have started to put the NOB on a nameplate.

That bothered me everytime I saw a Kings jersey last season.

Is it possible it's on one because it's preseason? (Actually asking.)

If jerseys start to resemble anything close to what the european league's have then I won't be forking out $200+ ever again.

Is it possible it's on one because it's preseason? (Actually asking.)

I don't know anything about the Kings' history of whether or not they use nameplates, but that would be my guess. Like Detroit.

Will the Ducks' throwback jersey use the Edge template, or the template the Flames used for their throwback jersey in 2009-2010?

Will the Ducks' throwback jersey use the Edge template, or the template the Flames used for their throwback jersey in 2009-2010?

It's been confirmed that the Ducks throwback will be an Edge jersey.

I just saw videos of both the Stars and Hurricanes new uniforms in action.

To be completely honest, both sets look completely refreshing! It's just that Hurricanes home sweater...I can't help but feel like it doesn't belong on that template. Regardless of how much I give it a chance, to me there's still something very odd about it.

I just saw videos of both the Stars and Hurricanes new uniforms in action.

To be completely honest, both sets look completely refreshing! It's just that Hurricanes home sweater...I can't help but feel like it doesn't belong on that template. Regardless of how much I give it a chance, to me there's still something very odd about it.

Watching the Dallas highlights, they are instantly in the top 3 of all NHL uniforms.

Just gorgeous.

And I think the canes looks great in their new uniforms. So much more like an NHL team and not a roller hockey club team...

I like the Carolina whites. Something about the black on gray numbers really does it for me.

That number don't for Dallas, so rec league! I want to like those...just...can't.