2013-2014 NHL Uniform & Logo Changes

ksupilot

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The green Blackhawks look great!

A green helmet would go a long way to making them look different.

If you're going to go that route at least be a twinge more accurate as they are the green Rangers, since it is basically the exact same template as the Rangers blue jerseys.

StRangers1_zpsc7e6c994.png

StRangers2_zps52d133bf.png

Icethetics retweeted a graphic of the Sabres' 3rd from the team media guide:

buffalo3rd_zpsd62d379e.jpg

Wavy sock stripe with a tapered silver wedge. And the captain's patch goes on the shoulder because hey, at this point, why the :censored: not?

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Wavy sock stripe with a tapered silver wedge. And the captain's patch goes on the shoulder because hey, at this point, why the :censored: not?

This is one of the worst jerseys to ever see NHL ice. Its up there with the flying V and Burger King jerseys.

Jesus Christ. There comes a point where creativity needs to be cut off a bit.

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

The green Blackhawks look great!

A green helmet would go a long way to making them look different.

If you're going to go that route at least be a twinge more accurate as they are the green Rangers, since it is basically the exact same template as the Rangers blue jerseys.

StRangers1_zpsc7e6c994.png

StRangers2_zps52d133bf.png

Well the collar trim is different...

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

I think the one color numbers work for Dallas. Call me crazy. I hope they don't fix it. And I didn't like the numbers at all at the unveiling. My opinion has changed.

thanks, glad you have come around on them. again it was the team that made the call. In that picture the numbers and letters are perfectly legible, no need for an outline to muddy it up. On the whites I would be more willing to add an outline on those if one was truly needed.

The more I look at that Dallas set, the more I feel it actually doesn't need an outline. They've gone out of their way to keep black and green separate. A black outline would bleed into the green on the jersey. There's no point.

Similarly, that silver outline on the Kings numbers is also useless. In person the shiny silver might look nice, but in game photos it just makes the numbers look like they've been made bolder for no reason.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

The more I look at that Dallas set, the more I feel it actually doesn't need an outline. They've gone out of their way to keep black and green separate. A black outline would bleed into the green on the jersey. There's no point.

Similarly, that silver outline on the Kings numbers is also useless. In person the shiny silver might look nice, but in game photos it just makes the numbers look like they've been made bolder for no reason.

that's what i'm thinking. green and black are separated in all but one or two instances. it just looks clean to have one color on such a simple template.

i don't think the red wings, maple leafs, canucks, cleveland browns, san francisco 49ers, or minnesota vikings look "rec league" with one color numbers.

adding an outline where it isn't needed doesn't make it more professional or more modern.

To me it's the font style and not necessarily the lack of outline that makes it look cheap. They look exactly like the $1.00 per sim stitch letters I put on house league jerseys or for teams who blow their whole budget on a custom template/logo. Lol could tell some funny stories there.

I disagree. Here's a kelly green and black jersey done right.

2012031621-20-36169.jpg

The black outlines dont bleed into the green at all since kelly is light enough to contrast. The NoDak jerseys look LIGHT YEARS better than the new Stars, who IMO look like a team in my rec league that had their names/numbers put on at the pro shop.

that's what i'm thinking. green and black are separated in all but one or two instances. it just looks clean to have one color on such a simple template.

i don't think the red wings, maple leafs, canucks, cleveland browns, san francisco 49ers, or minnesota vikings look "rec league" with one color numbers.

again, those teams don't have beveled and outlined logos on the same jersey.

Archived