2013-2014 NHL Uniform & Logo Changes

ksupilot

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The more I look at that Dallas set, the more I feel it actually doesn't need an outline. They've gone out of their way to keep black and green separate. A black outline would bleed into the green on the jersey. There's no point.

I disagree. Here's a kelly green and black jersey done right.

2012031621-20-36169.jpg

The black outlines dont bleed into the green at all since kelly is light enough to contrast. The NoDak jerseys look LIGHT YEARS better than the new Stars, who IMO look like a team in my rec league that had their names/numbers put on at the pro shop.

that's what i'm thinking. green and black are separated in all but one or two instances. it just looks clean to have one color on such a simple template.

i don't think the red wings, maple leafs, canucks, cleveland browns, san francisco 49ers, or minnesota vikings look "rec league" with one color numbers.

again, those teams don't have beveled and outlined logos on the same jersey.

I don't see how one uniform is "LIGHT YEARS" ahead of another when they are both very simple green and black jerseys. You may prefer one to the other, but it's not as if one jersey is obviously superior to the other.

Secondly, while you believe the lack of an outline is cheap, I look at the font itself. The Stars have a custom font that is completely their own, while UND uses a standard block that almost every high school in America has used at some point. It's a hell lot more expensive to order uniforms with a custom font compared to an extra outline.

i don't think the red wings, maple leafs, canucks, cleveland browns, san francisco 49ers, or minnesota vikings look "rec league" with one color numbers.

The Red Wings and Maple Leafs only have one color each, so that's irrelvant. The Browns and 49ers both prominently feature their secondary color in their looks, and are wearing jerseys which are more or less grandfathered in (and I realize the 49ers returned to this look a few years back). The Canucks, Vikings and Stars absolutely would look better with outlines on their numbers.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

The Stars look great without black outlines. They would also look great with black outlines. If they want to add them down the road, fine, but I'm not going to let that ruin the whole look for me.

the worst helmets design to me is the Jacksonville jaguars hamlets from 1995 to 2012 because you can't see the logo vary wall

According to a tweet from a Ducks fan who was at last night's game, we won't be seeing the white Mighty Ducks jersey used in the outdoor game. Apparently what we're getting instead is something similar to the current third jersey, with the recoloured duck mask logo on the front.

As much as I would've liked to see the classic white jersey one more time, I'm OK with this. This outdoor game is more of a major NHL event and not so much a Ducks-specific Anniversary thing. So if they're gonna market themselves on a nationally televised game (assuming this one is), it makes sense that they'd want something with their existing colour scheme rather than the eggplant and jade that they don't wear anymore.

As for the Kings, while I've not seen any rumours I'm still willing to bet on them using the white Gretzky era jersey.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

Icethetics retweeted a graphic of the Sabres' 3rd from the team media guide:

buffalo3rd_zpsd62d379e.jpg

Wavy sock stripe with a tapered silver wedge. And the captain's patch goes on the shoulder because hey, at this point, why the :censored: not?

Jesus Christ. There comes a point where creativity needs to be cut off a bit.

I'm fairly certain this is a violation of NHL Rule 6.1, as I don't consider the shoulder to be "a conspicuous position on the front of his sweater."

6.1 Captain - One Captain shall be appointed by each team, and he alone shall have the privilege of discussing with the Referee any questions relating to interpretation of rules which may arise during the progress of a game. He shall wear the letter “C,” approximately three inches (3'') in height and in contrasting color, in a conspicuous position on the front of his sweater. No co-Captains are permitted. Either one Captain and no more than two Alternate Captains, or no Captain an no more than three Alternate Captains are permitted (see 6.2).

Wavy sock stripe with a tapered silver wedge. And the captain's patch goes on the shoulder because hey, at this point, why the :censored: not?

This is one of the worst jerseys to ever see NHL ice. Its up there with the flying V and Burger King jerseys.

I can definitely understand why people on these boards do not like the Sabres new alternate but calling it one of the "worst to ever see the ice" is a huge exaggeration... Especially considering how bad the initial crop of edge jerseys were... Just about every jersey in my sig is worse than Buffalo's new alt...

The Red Wings and Maple Leafs only have one color each, so that's irrelvant. The Browns and 49ers both prominently feature their secondary color in their looks, and are wearing jerseys which are more or less grandfathered in (and I realize the 49ers returned to this look a few years back). The Canucks, Vikings and Stars absolutely would look better with outlines on their numbers.

This. If the Stars' colors were simply green and white, then, yeah.

I actually have always wanted to the Niners to get gold outlines on their numbers. But it seems they either have to be plain (just red/white) or go way to far (black, drop shadows, etc.). After their previous look, I think that opened the door to something that includes the gold color as opposed to just going back to the old. In any case, teams like the Browns, Packers, and Steelers have some "grandfathering", but I believe each would like better with outlines (which is not a statement that they should do it). And no doubt about the Canucks, Stars, and Vikes.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

This is one of the worst jerseys to ever see NHL ice. Its up there with the flying V and Burger King jerseys.

I can definitely understand why people on these boards do not like the Sabres new alternate but calling it one of the "worst to ever see the ice" is a huge exaggeration... Especially considering how bad the initial crop of edge jerseys were... Just about every jersey in my sig is worse than Buffalo's new alt...

I REALLY believe this is the worst ever. Useless city name on the front, it's 2 colours(which makes it look like a cape), and they put their captain's patches on the shoulders

The more I look at that Dallas set, the more I feel it actually doesn't need an outline. They've gone out of their way to keep black and green separate. A black outline would bleed into the green on the jersey. There's no point.

I disagree. Here's a kelly green and black jersey done right.

2012031621-20-36169.jpg

The black outlines dont bleed into the green at all since kelly is light enough to contrast. The NoDak jerseys look LIGHT YEARS better than the new Stars, who IMO look like a team in my rec league that had their names/numbers put on at the pro shop.

that's what i'm thinking. green and black are separated in all but one or two instances. it just looks clean to have one color on such a simple template.

again, those teams don't have beveled and outlined logos on the same jersey.

I don't see how one uniform is "LIGHT YEARS" ahead of another when they are both very simple green and black jerseys. You may prefer one to the other, but it's not as if one jersey is obviously superior to the other.

Secondly, while you believe the lack of an outline is cheap, I look at the font itself. The Stars have a custom font that is completely their own, while UND uses a standard block that almost every high school in America has used at some point. It's a hell lot more expensive to order uniforms with a custom font compared to an extra outline.

so your point is what exactly? That the Stars number font costs more so therefor it looks better? :Oo:

I couldnt care less that NoDak uses a block font, I used that pic to show a kelly green jersey where the white numbers are outlined in black to dispel the "bleeding" myth. The font is irrelevant. Not only does it not "bleed" it looks MUCH better and more professional than a non-outlined white number on a jersey where you have a 3 dimensional logo.

I REALLY believe this is the worst ever. Useless city name on the front, it's 2 colours (which makes it look like a cape), and they put their captain's patches on the shoulders.

Even worse than these? No way!

Edmonton+Oilers+v+Ottawa+Senators+ORLHkj

Although I hate both those Ducks and Oilers jerseys, at least they have a theme that does not hurt my eyes

Why do people want a green helmet for the Stars? They look distinct enough, and that would look just plain bad. The black pants and socks give the uniform good colour balance. Now only if they could add black outlines to fully even things out...

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Jesus Christ. There comes a point where creativity needs to be cut off a bit.

I'm fairly certain this is a violation of NHL Rule 6.1, as I don't consider the shoulder to be "a conspicuous position on the front of his sweater."

6.1 Captain - One Captain shall be appointed by each team, and he alone shall have the privilege of discussing with the Referee any questions relating to interpretation of rules which may arise during the progress of a game. He shall wear the letter “C,” approximately three inches (3'') in height and in contrasting color, in a conspicuous position on the front of his sweater. No co-Captains are permitted. Either one Captain and no more than two Alternate Captains, or no Captain an no more than three Alternate Captains are permitted (see 6.2).

Is the one captain/no more than two alternates rule enforced? I could've sworn the Habs had 3 alts a couple seasons back.

sig.png

It is enforced on a per-game basis. Most teams, usually due to injury or an intentional rotation, have more than 2 alternative captains over the course of a season. There's also the no captain-three alternate possibility mentioned in the last line of the rule. But in any one given game, you can't have more than 1 C and 2 As on the ice, or 3 As.

that sabres jersey is the worst jersey i've ever seen in the NHL.

honestly. worse than their own buffaslug, or the burger king, or the mooterus, fishsticks, or wildwing.

the captain's patches solidify that, when before that, i thought the claim of "worst ever" was possible but shakey. now it's rock. hard. horrible.

Archived