2013-2014 NHL Uniform & Logo Changes

ksupilot

If you check out the behind-the-scenes clip, you'll see "Burnsy" enjoying there being "nothing at the bottom..."

Stupid sexy overpaid defenseman!

Later, you'll hear him remark how they're not able to move so smoothly in previous jerseys.

Making the hem stripes out of industrial bungee cords instead of the same fabric as the rest of the jersey turned out to be a mistake.

The Next Wave jerseys were designed for optimal performance on the ice. The jerseys use the Reebok Play-Dry Stretch Fabric for comfort and for temperature control.

Like every other jersey in the league, including the ones they just dropped.

To decrease the weight of the jersey, the teal shoulder cap was removed.

You still have double-layer shoulders. Changing the color doesn't reduce weight, unless you're using sealed containers of mercury for all the silver details, in which case, you goddamn monster, you're gonna kill somebody.

The popular jumping Shark patch will remain on the shoulder

Yeah, nobody wants the fin there. Going full Xzibit Meme on your jersey is far better.

Even more weight was cut out by removing the stripes on the body of the jersey.

Don't make your jersey stripes out of lead. Don't sell your hair to a wig shop.

The away jersey is unfettered

*looks at pointless front number, buys you a dictionary as an early Christmas present*

Orange accents were removed from the lettering and numbering as well as the arm stripes.

You missed a spot, there, chief.

The classic crest logo will still be the centerpiece of the jersey.

It's been around six years. Your team's been around for 22. Again, words have meanings.

To complete a classic look, neckline lacing was added and neckline striping was removed.

And that lacing, the metal grommets, and the extra layer of fabric behind the lace-up area probably weigh as much as any of what you removed in the name performance. You're gonna crush poor Brent Burns' sternum with all that!

Clean, classic, bold and designed for performance, the Next Wave jerseys will help take the Sharks to the next level this season and many to come.

"The San Jose Sharks are expected to announce their popular 'SAP PartnerEdge Throwback' jerseys will become their full-time home and away uniforms for the 2016-17 season. The new/old threads will supposedly be unveiled at the upcoming 2016 NHL Draft in Quebec City, in which the Sharks hold the 3rd overall pick."

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I imagine you might be in for a change in the next few years with Sakic and Roy running the show. That and it will be time to boost sales by changing the jerseys anyways.

Let's hope they listen to the fans, and return to the mountain pattern, cup jerseys.

I would hope so. I'm fairly sure that even if Reebok's original reasoning for changing the design (it wouldn't work on the Edge jerseys) was valid, I'm sure they can find a way now. Anything would be better than the piping.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

It's a beautifully crisp, elegant design. Not hard to accomplish, really. Whoever designed Buffalo's thrid jersey should be fired. There's no need for stuff like that. Simple and smart wins every time.

I still think those shoulder yokes should be rounded though.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

GPO needs to post more. Preferably in character.

*burble, blub*

*lubbbubblubbb-ubbubu-urp*

**shoots ink**

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

If you check out the behind-the-scenes clip, you'll see "Burnsy" enjoying there being "nothing at the bottom..."

Stupid sexy overpaid defenseman!

Later, you'll hear him remark how they're not able to move so smoothly in previous jerseys.

Making the hem stripes out of industrial bungee cords instead of the same fabric as the rest of the jersey turned out to be a mistake.

The Next Wave jerseys were designed for optimal performance on the ice. The jerseys use the Reebok Play-Dry Stretch Fabric for comfort and for temperature control.

Like every other jersey in the league, including the ones they just dropped.

To decrease the weight of the jersey, the teal shoulder cap was removed.

You still have double-layer shoulders. Changing the color doesn't reduce weight, unless you're using sealed containers of mercury for all the silver details, in which case, you goddamn monster, you're gonna kill somebody.

The popular jumping Shark patch will remain on the shoulder

Yeah, nobody wants the fin there. Going full Xzibit Meme on your jersey is far better.

Even more weight was cut out by removing the stripes on the body of the jersey.

Don't make your jersey stripes out of lead. Don't sell your hair to a wig shop.

The away jersey is unfettered

*looks at pointless front number, buys you a dictionary as an early Christmas present*Orange accents were removed from the lettering and numbering as well as the arm stripes.

You missed a spot, there, chief.

The classic crest logo will still be the centerpiece of the jersey.

It's been around six years. Your team's been around for 22. Again, words have meanings.

To complete a classic look, neckline lacing was added and neckline striping was removed.

And that lacing, the metal grommets, and the extra layer of fabric behind the lace-up area probably weigh as much as any of what you removed in the name performance. You're gonna crush poor Brent Burns' sternum with all that!

Clean, classic, bold and designed for performance, the Next Wave jerseys will help take the Sharks to the next level this season and many to come.

"The San Jose Sharks are expected to announce their popular 'SAP PartnerEdge Throwback' jerseys will become their full-time home and away uniforms for the 2016-17 season. The new/old threads will supposedly be unveiled at the upcoming 2016 NHL Draft in Quebec City, in which the Sharks hold the 3rd overall pick."

To hell with POTD...I hereby nominate this for POTY!

I can haz sig?

The first Colorado alternate is the best sweater that FRANCHISE has ever worn... I said it. Put this in the unpopular opinions thread as well.

I'll certainly agree it's the best the franchise has worn as the Colorado Avalanche.

This is the best jersey ever worn by the franchise.

*pic of the old white Aves sweater removed for space*

I like the mountain pattern of the old Aves sweaters, but I hate the team's two logos. infrared/Greg hit the nail on the head when he said that the Aves' primary looks like the logo to a kind of pop you'd find next to a Mountain Dew at a 7-Eleven. And the foot? The foot just looks ridiculous to me. So as much as I think the mountain striping is cool I can't fully commit to those sweaters because of the logos they insisted on throwing on them.

The burgundy alternate with the diagonal "COLORADO" though? The striping was classy and traditional, but the unique colours the Aves use kept it from infringing on another team's look. The diagonal lettering meant neither of the team's horrid (in my opinion) logos were showcased. As for the primary on the shoulders? Of the two Aves logos, I'd probably pick the primary over the foot, so they chose their least offensive logo to use in a lesser capacity. All in all I had no complaints.

As for the Nordique's generic trash being better... speechless.

The Nords' look could be called many things. "Generic" is not one of them.

It's a beautifully crisp, elegant design. Not hard to accomplish, really.

No, but apparently picking one beautiful, crisp, elegant design to use on both their home and road sweaters is incredibly hard to accomplish!

I'm definitely seeing what others were talking about with the call for a rounded yoke. It's just that close from as perfect a Wild away sweater as you can get.

It would follow the contour of the round shoulder patches, instead of having part of the yoke sliced off.

The Next Wave jerseys were designed for optimal performance on the ice. The jerseys use the Reebok Play-Dry Stretch Fabric for comfort and for temperature control. To decrease the weight of the jersey, the teal shoulder cap was removed. The popular jumping Shark patch will remain on the shoulder. Even more weight was cut out by removing the stripes on the body of the jersey.

The away jersey is unfettered, with the Pacific Teal contrasting against the white fabric. Orange accents were removed from the lettering and numbering as well as the arm stripes. The classic crest logo will still be the centerpiece of the jersey.

This team jerks itself off over the stupidest crap. Go hang another First Place In The Conference banner, you dorks.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I like the mountain pattern of the old Aves sweaters, but I hate the team's two logos. infrared/Greg hit the nail on the head when he said that the Aves' primary looks like the logo to a kind of pop you'd find next to a Mountain Dew at a 7-Eleven. And the foot? The foot just looks ridiculous to me. So as much as I think the mountain striping is cool I can't fully commit to those sweaters because of the logos they insisted on throwing on them.

The burgundy alternate with the diagonal "COLORADO" though? The striping was classy and traditional, but the unique colours the Aves use kept it from infringing on another team's look. The diagonal lettering meant neither of the team's horrid (in my opinion) logos were showcased. As for the primary on the shoulders? Of the two Aves logos, I'd probably pick the primary over the foot, so they chose their least offensive logo to use in a lesser capacity. All in all I had no complaints.

I've yet to see any soft drink come up with a logo as good as the Avalanche Primary. That logo's only real problem is the unnecessary circle. I think it's actually quite clever, a puck avalanching down a mountain in the shape of an A. The secondary logo is not a foot, it's a Yeti footprint which connects to the mountain stripe motif perfectly. Making the footprint silver is also a stroke of genius as it shimmers like the snow it would be imprinted in.

The Nords' look could be called many things. "Generic" is not one of them.

Maybe not the jerseys but the logo definitely is. I don't know what school of design would call the Nordiques logo superior to any of the Avalanche' marks.

The Next Wave jerseys were designed for optimal performance on the ice. The jerseys use the Reebok Play-Dry Stretch Fabric for comfort and for temperature control. To decrease the weight of the jersey, the teal shoulder cap was removed. The popular jumping Shark patch will remain on the shoulder. Even more weight was cut out by removing the stripes on the body of the jersey.

The away jersey is unfettered, with the Pacific Teal contrasting against the white fabric. Orange accents were removed from the lettering and numbering as well as the arm stripes. The classic crest logo will still be the centerpiece of the jersey.

This team jerks itself off over the stupidest crap. Go hang another First Place In The Conference banner, you dorks.

It's gonna be great if/when they make the playoffs this year and still go with the black...then we know they just are/have been totally lying to us. They should at least rock the teal at home, right? They make such a big fuss about "Pacific Teal," and now both jerseys are "equally lightweight," no?

Black makes them look slimmer, which makes them feel slimmer, which makes them move faster, which makes their best players not in their mid-thirties. This team is the Martin Prince of the NHL.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Playing in Chicago, hoping to go to St. Louis, puts a character who went from Philadelphia to Los Angeles on his mask right under the Chicago skyline. Huh?

Black makes them look slimmer, which makes them feel slimmer, which makes them move faster, which makes their best players not in their mid-thirties. This team is the Martin Prince of the NHL.

10 bucks says Thornton puts a sprig of sage in his skates.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Archived