ksupilot

2013-2014 NHL Uniform & Logo Changes

Well, now we know why the Sharks will never win. They worry more about improving a jersey than they do a team. Here's a thought, just put a bunch of good players who can get it done in the playoffs in a jersey with a bunch of stripes, logo, and numbers on it, and stop believing the b.s. that uniform manufacturers keep telling you. Ain't no jersey ever made a player better. Only a player can make a jersey better. I realize this is a novel concept for the Sharks franchise who fired Dean Lombardi and Darryl Sutter...

I guess the Sharks management hasn't been paying much attention to the recent Stanley Cup winners... Aside from the Pittsburgh Penguins, every champion in the Edge era has had hem stripes. The Bruins and Blackhawks have more stripes than the Shark's old jerseys and it didn't slow them down. When it comes to incompetent organizations, they don't get any better than the Sharks.

It's not so much that the Sharks are incompetent, more that they're a mediocre organization that mistakes themselves for a great one. It takes a special, arguably Silicon Valley brand of self-importance to think you've gamed the system by not putting stripes on your uniform.

Well, now we know why the Sharks will never win. They worry more about improving a jersey than they do a team. Here's a thought, just put a bunch of good players who can get it done in the playoffs in a jersey with a bunch of stripes, logo, and numbers on it, and stop believing the b.s. that uniform manufacturers keep telling you. Ain't no jersey ever made a player better. Only a player can make a jersey better. I realize this is a novel concept for the Sharks franchise who fired Dean Lombardi and Darryl Sutter...

I guess the Sharks management hasn't been paying much attention to the recent Stanley Cup winners... Aside from the Pittsburgh Penguins, every champion in the Edge era has had hem stripes. The Bruins and Blackhawks have more stripes than the Shark's old jerseys and it didn't slow them down. When it comes to incompetent organizations, they don't get any better than the Sharks.

Unless you count the other incompetent teams that they sweep in the playoffs. I liked the Sharks jerseys better last spring when this happened.

The most recent NHL 14 roster update has unlocked the jerseys that were already released; besides Buffalo's, which I don't see why it wouldn't.... unless Buffalo pulled a massive trolling on the hockey world and the third jersey that we saw is fake.

A guy can dream, but I actually don't see why it wouldn't have been unlocked with the others.

You know what, that may very well be possible. The Sabres new alt still isn't available on NHLShop or anywhere else, while every other newly unveiled jersey is.

The most recent NHL 14 roster update has unlocked the jerseys that were already released; besides Buffalo's, which I don't see why it wouldn't.... unless Buffalo pulled a massive trolling on the hockey world and the third jersey that we saw is fake.

A guy can dream, but I actually don't see why it wouldn't have been unlocked with the others.

Calgary's is still locked though.

So no jersey code, just do a roster update?

Calgary's is still locked though.

So no jersey code, just do a roster update?
Yes, you get San Jose's and Minnesota's. I guess the code will be for Calgary and whatever happens with Buffalo.

It's not so much that the Sharks are incompetent, more that they're a mediocre organization that mistakes themselves for a great one. It takes a special, arguably Silicon Valley brand of self-importance to think you've gamed the system by not putting stripes on your uniform.

"San Jose is the anchor of the Bay Area now! San Franwho? San Franwhat?"

Hi there, new guy here.

I saw earlier that someone told about the Predators who might use yellow stripe on their pants. They did 8935576.jpg

I saw somewhere that someone would post a picture of that here already, they did ;)

I still don't like it.

I'll never understand how someone green lighted vertical piping cutting through horizontal striping. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

I'll never understand how someone green lighted vertical piping cutting through horizontal striping. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

Reebok, Reebok, Reebok.

Are those actually what the preds will be wearing this season? I feel like this has flown under the radar. They also appear to have reversed the sock striping. Pants and socks are a downgrade in my book, socks are now inconsistent and the block of yellow on what used to be all-navy pants just looks weird.

I saw somewhere that someone would post a picture of that here already, they did ;)

I still don't like it.

My bad then !

Are those actually what the preds will be wearing this season? I feel like this has flown under the radar. They also appear to have reversed the sock striping. Pants and socks are a downgrade in my book, socks are now inconsistent and the block of yellow on what used to be all-navy pants just looks weird.

It;'s been discussed plenty, just got lost in the shuffle with the talk about the major overhauls. Hence why mega-threads fvcking blow.

Pardon me if this has been discussed already.... but WTF is with the Red Wings' NOB font? Is that just a preseason thing or what?

Pardon me if this has been discussed already.... but WTF is with the Red Wings' NOB font? Is that just a preseason thing or what?

They always use horizontal nameplates instead of vertically-arched ones for preseason. I was waiting for it to be brought up this year!

What's the deal with the "no jersey tuck" rule this year? is that stupid to anyone else?

What's the deal with the "no jersey tuck" rule this year? is that stupid to anyone else?

Totally. During the Sens-Leaf game, TSN constantly brought up the fact that Reilly's jersey was tucked for the whole game and never got any infraction. It seemed like the refs didn't think much of the rule either so they didn't really bother with enforcing it. As far as I'm aware, Semin has been the only instance where a player has been penalized for the new rule.

Yeah but now it's a different font altogether too

Detroit always does this. Different font and horizontal nameplates for preseason.

Morgo, I have a ton of respect for the your beautiful artwork and concepts. However, telling me to "take off the retro goggles" when I know what a good hockey uniform is, is condescending and disrespectful. I've followed hockey and other sports for 35 years and I know what I like and what I don't like. I simply don't like modern futuristic looks. They look too busy and tacky for my taste.

Sorry dude

That statement wasn't directed to you personally, rather the retro trends in general, but point taken. Uniforms are subjective and you certainly are entitled to your opinion (as is Ice Cap). Didn't mean to sound condescending, I'm just very passionate about what I like.

It's all good Morgo. :)