2013-2014 NHL Uniform & Logo Changes

ksupilot

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also I believe the sweater from the first movie was on display when Disney held a press conference to announce the establishment of the NHL team.

I searched long and hard on the googles for some photo evidence of this, but I did not. So until shown, I'm going to believe that didn't happen. I did find these fun pictures though:

hi-res-285395_display_image.jpg?13734875

The Ducks are continuing to use the "Anaheim" name as the Angels are poised to just use "Los Angeles." In that context I think the Ducks should feature a little orange.

On the majority of the things about the Mighty Ducks, we will never see eye-to-eye, Mike. But on this, I can agree.

eisnermightyducks.png

Not sure where this is from, but could this be from when they got the team? From the site I got it from, it also shows some logos they considered.

duckslogos.jpg

Thank goodness we never saw an NHL jersey with Donald Duck as one of their main logos...

we didn't?

2093120_crop_650x440.jpg?1309445227donald-duck-3523d.jpg

That mask certainly wouldn't fit on a regular duck...

Mallard_Duck_507d83288da44.jpg

It clearly looks to be patterned after Disney's interpretation of ducks, i.e. Donald Duck

Or really any cartoon anthropomorphic duck. The mask could easily fit onto Daffy Duck, Howard the Duck, or....I'm having trouble thinking of more famous cartoon ducks haha, but the point remains. They clearly just modeled it after an anthropomorphic duck more than a specific one.

Lord Stanley of Preston, 6th Governor General of Canada :P

I know, I know :P

Shame nobody else in Britain does.

To boot, Lord Stanley of Preston was a name of title, his given name was Frederick Arthur.

People remember who donated the Dominion Challenge Cup, Darnit! :flagcanada:

And what's worse, hockey has never been played in Preston - it's never even had a rink. The nearest hockey clubs are in Blackburn and Cleveleys, 10-15 miles away.

Thank goodness we never saw an NHL jersey with Donald Duck as one of their main logos...

we didn't?

It clearly looks to be patterned after Disney's interpretation of ducks, i.e. Donald Duck

Or really any cartoon anthropomorphic duck. The mask could easily fit onto Daffy Duck, Howard the Duck, or....I'm having trouble thinking of more famous cartoon ducks haha, but the point remains. They clearly just modeled it after an anthropomorphic duck more than a specific one.

I grew up with this logo so everything about it speaks hockey culture to me. I now look at it 20 years later and think it stands up as one of the better looking logos in sports. If that logo had been created without the Disney watermark I really think it would be considered "timeless" and respected more around hockey.

we didn't?

C'mon now, It's a "Disney-fied" Donald Duck-eque Duck. there's no way around it. If you think the company with a World Famous anthropomorphic duck didnt pattern their anthropomorphic duck hockey mask logo for their team named the "Ducks" after their own famous trademarked duck, but instead chose a generic look, I dont know what to tell you.

Also, I'm pretty sure Disney gave up the rights to that logo when they sold the team, so it's no issue for the Samueli's to keep using it. Had this logo never before existed and the team tried to debut it now, they'd get sued so fast by Disney their heads would spin claiming that any reasonable person sees Donald Duck in the logo.

To boot, Lord Stanley of Preston was a name of title, his given name was Frederick Arthur.

And what's worse, hockey has never been played in Preston - it's never even had a rink. The nearest hockey clubs are in Blackburn and Cleveleys, 10-15 miles away.

Didn't they have the Preston Rivulettes? The famous women's team that dominated the 1930s through WWII? Or is that a different place, or did they play elsewhere?

Who learned something from CBC's Hockey: A People's History? This guy... lol

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

Didn't they have the Preston Rivulettes? The famous women's team that dominated the 1930s through WWII? Or is that a different place, or did they play elsewhere?

Who learned something from CBC's Hockey: A People's History? This guy... lol

I'm pretty sure when I say the Rivulettes were based in the Preston which is in Ontario. The Preston in Lord Stanley's title is a city in Lancashire, England.

Archived