2013-2014 NHL Uniform & Logo Changes

ksupilot

Yeah, but I'm fine with that, though. It's nice when some do, but not every single team needs to be wrapped in local signifiers and shibboleths. After all they've been through since the Edge takeover, I would be more concerned with simplifying the Flames back into looking like a respectable and traditional hockey club than with tying myself in knots trying to fill their brand with distinctly Calgarian iconography. They're big boys and girls out there; they don't need to be pandered to with pseudo-Space Needles wearing cowboy hats to know that the Flames are their team.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

they don't need to be pandered to with pseudo-Space Needles wearing cowboy hats to know that the Flames are their team.

pseudo-Space Needles??

I don't like what's in the game there--but it's also not as bad as it could have been.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Yeah, that Flames third could be so much worse. It's nowhere near as bad as the Buffacape.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

29br.png

hvo7.png1zt2.png

It'd be decent without the yoke or the baseball-style script, but as-is, it's mediocre IMO.
The script isn't even original; it looks like they used the "Phoenix" font in the Coyotes' wordmark. Looks like it's angled in the same way too. The script paired with the logo looks like something you'd see on a women's shirt.

It's a cool patch. Keep going in that direction. It's evocative, interesting...keep going with that.

The jersey overall...ummm...5.5/6 out of 10. Not bad...

Maybe i'm alone on an island, but I liked that rugby-inspired jersey they wore for an outdoor game. Maybe get the color to be more Flame red and go with that...

But yeah, this is easily better than what they wear at home presently. I bet if they replaced the script with the flaming C, it'd be sweet. Just do that.

Those Calgary jerseys are ugly as hell.

So much for me getting their new third when it comes out.

I keep hoping the word mark trend goes by the wayside sometime soon, but it doesn't appear that way.

2ly2w09.jpg

Those Calgary jerseys are ugly as hell.

Thats how I felt when I saw my mother-in-law for the first time. But sometimes things you find ugly at first can grow on you after a while.

Although its been 10 years and I still find my mother-in-law "ugly as Hell".

OK. Forget what I just said about things growing on you.

The Catch of the Day!

Say what you want about free tshirts and empty seats, there's no question Dallas Stars fans are getting behind this new shade of green. I don't know of any fans that don't love the new uniforms, other than idiots on the official facebook status updates... and the arena is filled with benn/lehtonen/seguin shirseys and green sweaters.

then there's this guy...

20131003_kdl_an4_180.0_standard_709.0.jpThe white jersey is so sweet...I think I need to purchase it !

If they got rid of the square yoke and replaced the script with the Black C from their home, it would be an adequate replacement for easily the worst jerseys in the league. That being said, it wouldn't surprise me if the flames adopted the retros full time next season with a matching white.

That new Flames sweater looks good. Just put the black C instead of that wordmark, add a matching road jersey, put the current set in the oblivion and you have a really cool set ! At least it's not a yellow jersey like some rumors said

I don't understand this new found fascination with not having the hem stripes match the arms stripes.

Why not? It doesn't always have to be that way, but nothing wrong with spicing things up a little bit either.

I would've marked out to see a Cowboy hat on top of the C and a Spur on the bottom of the Y. Also, no logo.

Also, I hope they troll us tonight. Come out in the normal homes for warmup and then change for player intros. If these are the sweaters, which they probably are.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Archived