2013-2014 NHL Uniform & Logo Changes

ksupilot

image_zps3f344771.jpg

fangirl.gif

That is the correct reaction.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I appreciate Hiller getting the pads, but Fasth has got the mask.

However, if Hiller doesn't have the mask and if Fasth doesn't have the pads.... Then it's going to look weird either way on Sunday.

Fasth appears to have purple pads too.

http://video.ducks.nhl.com/videocenter/console?catid=649&id=454218〈=en&navid=DL|ANA|home

Good. Fasth has the mask and the pads (Although, Hiller's pads are better), and therefore, should start on Sunday. If not, I'll have a sad that the Guy Hebert mask wouldn't see playing time.

image_zps3f344771.jpg

*Movie gif removed because :evil: *

Nothing in the hockey world makes me happier than seeing the sign of duck back. I'm hoping for the white jersey as that I think is the better of the 2, but I'll take the eggplant whatever puts the Mighty back in Anaheim

They've already said it is going to be the eggplant.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Have the Blackhawks (red) ever matched?

Yes. From 1955 when the first incarnation of their modern uniforms were introduced to 1962, the red jersey had white-black-white-black-white sleeve stripes.

From 1958 to 1963, the sleeve stripes on the white jerseys didn't match.

And it looked much better:

ChicagoBlackHawks57-58jersey.jpg

If they got rid of the square yoke and replaced the script with the Black C from their home, it would be an adequate replacement for easily the worst jerseys in the league. That being said, it wouldn't surprise me if the flames adopted the retros full time next season with a matching white.

Hah, great sig. Gotta say I agree with you on all of em. Pens is the only one I don't see going anywhere anytime soon. You may get your way with the others.

I'm a fan as well - but he's missing Ottawa.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

If they got rid of the square yoke and replaced the script with the Black C from their home, it would be an adequate replacement for easily the worst jerseys in the league. That being said, it wouldn't surprise me if the flames adopted the retros full time next season with a matching white.

Hah, great sig. Gotta say I agree with you on all of em. Pens is the only one I don't see going anywhere anytime soon. You may get your way with the others.

What're you talking about? Ottawa doesn't need to change a bit :upside:

I really like what Nike's doing with the Olympic sweaters. They're creative but still tasteful. I like the template they're using, too. Hopefully they can take the NHL contract away from crap-ass Reebok in a couple years.

Yeah, they're tasteful. They taste like a burned-to-a-crisp turd covered in toenail clippings, but yeah, they're still tasteful.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

What're you talking about? Ottawa doesn't need to change a bit :upside:

Ottawa's edge look gets a pass because unlike Pittsburgh & Tampa, they can actually pull the template off. The red jersey has really grown on me and I'd much rather it stick around as the home instead of the team going full on barber pole...

Pittsburgh on the other hand has no business in that template. The vegas gold looks khaki and the entire design just comes off as a poor version of the fantastic pre-edge look.

^^

Based on this:

http://espn.go.com/nhl/preview2013/story/_/id/9733006/nhl-uni-watch-goalie-goalie-look

I liked Scrivens' and Harding's. Sucker for solid-coloured pads.

Holy crap Harding's pads are amazing. (especially the road versions)

My vote's changed.

9951506505_25c00ef98b_o.png

Josh-Harding-Toque-Mask-Minnesota-Goalie

Winner winner, chicken dinner. Just....perfect.

I love Ray Emery's and Braden Holtby's masks, too. One is incredibly appropriate and the other very creative, I can't believe that neither have been done before.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

^^

I didn't even notice until I read the Uni Watch article that the pads actually match the regular skaters' socks. Neat touch.

(insert my usual grousing about excessively complicated mask designs that look muddy)

eMXEIDC.png

toIYnW8.png

Ducks are opening a brand new (and thank God, bigger) team store on Thursday for the home opener and the Honda Center and Ducks put this picture up on their Facebook pages:

1379411_10151620505386765_420624788_n.jp

You can see the Mighty Ducks jerseys on the wall racks to the right. I can't tell if they have the shoulder patches or not, however.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Ducks are opening a brand new (and thank God, bigger) team store on Thursday for the home opener and the Honda Center and Ducks put this picture up on their Facebook pages:

You can see the Mighty Ducks jerseys on the wall racks to the right. I can't tell if they have the shoulder patches or not, however.

I want them to have the shoulder patches, but since they said they were going back to the originals jerseys, the jersey nerd in me doesn't want them because the original jerseys didn't have the shoulder patches.

IbjBaeE.png

Seeing Canes get smacked up by the Pens...Ward looks like he's gonna pass out from trying to stop 50 shots...but he looks great. I have to say that the Canes' white jersey is sweet. The nameplate/yoke looks solid. The home is pretty blah, but I think this looks great. Wild away are terrific, too...

I want them to have the shoulder patches, but since they said they were going back to the originals jerseys, the jersey nerd in me doesn't want them because the original jerseys didn't have the shoulder patches.

The old patches read "Mighty Ducks of Anaheim". I could see these being left out, now that "MIghty" is no longer part of the name.

Archived