2013-2014 NHL Uniform & Logo Changes

ksupilot

When is the jersey supposed to be officially unveiled anyway?

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder if the Panthers throwbacks will be edge versions. If so, they'll probably be like one of these:

why would they have vertical and horizontal sleeve striping (like the current ones) on their throwbacks? Why wouldn't they just look like this?

Because I'm not so sure they can get diagonal stripes on the Edge template.

They are capable of curved stripes, I don't know why straight ones would be any different.

Yeah, I hope they actually do an Edge version of the Mighty Ducks jersey, and I hope it has a wide release for sales.

Also, does this mean the gates for old Mighty Ducks merch are now open or is Disney still playing hardball?

pastpresentfuture_zps8bbb3a05.png

I really hope the 20th anniversary patch isn't on the throwback jersey. It will stick out like a sore thumb.

When is the jersey supposed to be officially unveiled anyway?

The Ducks didn't have any official unveiling for the third, so I can imagine the first time you'll see the throwback jerseys will be Sunday, on the ice.

Yeah, I hope they actually do an Edge version of the Mighty Ducks jersey, and I hope it has a wide release for sales.

Also, does this mean the gates for old Mighty Ducks merch are now open or is Disney still playing hardball?

When the Samueli's bought the team, they bought all the logos and uniforms (as they came with the team). Disney owns jack :censored:, and the whole rumor that the Ducks rebranded because they didn't have the rights to use the old logos anymore, is a myth.

They will be selling old merchandise, yes.

Reebok is not paying millions of dollars to put the OLD CCM logo on their jerseys

Why not, same company. In fact, most of the ECHL jerseys have the CCM logo on them this year.

Edit: Not saying they will or should. Just pointing out that they have nothing to lose by going full on retro and authentic.

When the Samueli's bought the team, they bought all the logos and uniforms (as they came with the team). Disney owns jack :censored:, and the whole rumor that the Ducks rebranded because they didn't have the rights to use the old logos anymore, is a myth.

Thanks for clearing that up, I was 11 at the time so I just went with that story since that's what I heard. Glad to know the Mighty Ducks merch will be back in full swing.

Now the question is, will the retro jersey be a wide release or something stupid and small?

There's a similar rumor that the Knox estate still owns the original Buffalo Sabres crest, and so the new ownership has to put silver outlines around everything so that it's a different logo. The first time I read this, my brain popped my skull open and walked away and I had to go chase it down and put it back.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Thanks for clearing that up, I was 11 at the time so I just went with that story since that's what I heard. Glad to know the Mighty Ducks merch will be back in full swing.

Now the question is, will the retro jersey be a wide release or something stupid and small?

Haha, I was only 10 at the time, too. Yeah, the reason for the rebrand was that the new ownership wanted a change, not because of Disney.

I'd imagine it will be wide release, since they probably want to make as much money off this as possible.

There's a similar rumor that the Knox estate still owns the original Buffalo Sabres crest, and so the new ownership has to put silver outlines around everything so that it's a different logo. The first time I read this, my brain popped my skull open and walked away and I had to go chase it down and put it back.

It's a crappy logo anyways.

The first time they'll be available to purchase will be at tomorrow's home opener when the new team store opens up. (Whether that means they will only be available at the team store, that I don't know.) I'm going to be there super early, so I'll report what I can once I get there and look around.

And yeah, the Samuelis own everything where it concerns the Ducks, Mighty Ducks, an their history (and the arena/history to boot).

And what's wrong with the Sabres logo? It tell you everything you need to know. Buffalo + Sabres = Buffalo Sabres.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

The first time they'll be available to purchase will be at tomorrow's home opener when the new team store opens up. (Whether that means they will only be available at the team store, that I don't know.) I'm going to be there super early, so I'll report what I can once I get there and look around.

And yeah, the Samuelis own everything where it concerns the Ducks, Mighty Ducks, an their history (and the arena/history to boot).

And what's wrong with the Sabres logo? It tell you everything you need to know. Buffalo + Sabres = Buffalo Sabres.

Be sure to take photos all around the jersey! Definitely excited to see it! (which is odd since I really know what they look like).

I personally don't care for the logo. I find the inclusion of a buffalo silly, and I always will. It's like if the Kings put a picture of an angel on their home plate logo where "LA" currently is.

The best thing about these throwbacks (besides their existence as the best jerseys in hockey) is that it hopefully will put to rest the speculation that they can't wear the old logos because of Disney.

The Samuelis own it all. There never was any issue.

hiller20thmask01.JPG

Thank you, Jonas Hiller.

As an out of town Ducks fan, I hope that they are selling Mighty Ducks stuff online, at least the jerseys. If they don't I'll be disappointed and embarrassed that they missed out on a colossal opportunity.

I'm sure they will be, but if not, I'm sure they'll be on ebay eventually.

Archived