2013-2014 NHL Uniform & Logo Changes

ksupilot

Wild Wing is only on his mask. They're not wearing the Wild Wing jerseys.

An NHL goalie had Family Guy characters on his mask. That's much worse.

Yes it's all dumb. But I don't get why people were all like "YES, that mask is amazing. Wild Wing is back!"

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

More on Hiller's mask:

Now these photos were taken in the Airxess studio in Bern, Switzerland just before it was shipped to Anaheim. So while the pictures don’t show it, there’s actually another special surprise for all you horny Hiller fans.

But we’re not going to spill the beans right here…instead, we’ll give you a hint: Be sure to get a good look at Hiller’s cage when he hits the ice with this new mask.

I wonder what that means?

IbjBaeE.png

Are the Ducks considered a classic franchise with great logos and the former best jersey in hockey anywhere other than Anaheim?

Question for those that love this - how old are you? Were the Ducks a team when you were a kid? Were you a fan of the movie?

Hockey's a funny sport. Things tend to get romanticized after they go away in hockey like no other sport. Hell, I remember the S**t hitting the fan in the early 90's when they announced the Anaheim expansion franchise would be called the "Mighty Ducks" and hockey fans everywhere doing a collective eyeroll. The old Ducks uniforms were what they were (DIsney, 90's, etc.)...until they went away and got replaced with a Penguins knockoff color scheme and lousy wordmark. Now they're beloved or at least the far lesser of two evils.

It's like people who pine for the return of the Quebec Nordiques and Hartford Whalers. They were terrible, losing franchises for most of their NHL existences. Yet now that they've been gone for nearly 20 years, everyone wants to see them come back and waxes poetically about them like they were the 80's Oilers and Islanders. Same could be said for the Winnipeg Jets, who actually did come back but don't seem as "hip" as they did when they didnt exist for some reason.

Are the Ducks considered a classic franchise with great logos and the former best jersey in hockey anywhere other than Anaheim?

Question for those that love this - how old are you? Were the Ducks a team when you were a kid? Were you a fan of the movie?

I was 6 when I saw the second one. Pretty much the very reason I got into hockey. Call the uniforms silly, but without the movies I never become a hockey fan.

It's like people who pine for the return of the Quebec Nordiques and Hartford Whalers. They were terrible, losing franchises for most of their NHL existences.

No, those Nords teams with Michel Goulet and the Stastnys were pretty good before the bottom completely dropped out and they drafted Nolan/Sundin/Lindros. They were on the upswing with Sakic, Thibault, and the returns on the Lindros trade just as they moved to Denver. Even when they were bad, attendance at the Colisee was terrific. That they were terrible sounds to me like revisionist history from a sunbelt partisan.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I was only 1 when they started.... I'm a fan since 2003, but they became my favorite team since Getzlaf and Perry joined in 2005. I loved the 3 movies, but the first one was my favorite

I was born in 1992 so when I started getting into hockey the Mighty Ducks were my team due solely to the fact I absolutely loved (still do) the movies (D2 is the best). They are the reason I got into hockey. When they dropped the Mighty and went black/orange I stopped liking them out of spite. Now, probably due to nostalgic reasons, I think the old Duck mask logo is the best in all of hockey and I love the color combination. So what if it looked like a cartoon and was the love child of Disney, it was a legitly great look.

kariya5.jpg

Delicious

I don't see a big problem with the logo. It's not the best in hockey, but I don't think it's to the point of being minor league. However, that color scheme was amazing and unique. Then could have easily replaced their entire logo-set and stuck with the same colors, but instead they went with some bland, ininspiring crap. I could take or leave the duck mask, but the Ducks always should have worn eggplant and jade.

As for fandom, I am a Hawks fan, but my first experience with hockey outside of gym class floor hockey was seeing The Mighty Ducks. Maybe it blinds me a little, but I don't think I'd like that color scheme any less if I didn't have an attachment to the movies.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

I wonder if the Panthers throwbacks will be edge versions. If so, they'll probably be like one of these:

PanthersEdge_zps4e5dff56.png

why would they have vertical and horizontal sleeve striping (like the current ones) on their throwbacks? Why wouldn't they just look like this?

panthersThird2006.jpg

Because I'm not so sure they can get diagonal stripes on the Edge template.

Carolina's alternate jersey comes close to diagonal sleeve striping.

Hurricanes11.png

I suppose they could do something like this to get the diagonal striping effect and then make it less awkward with the long shoulder panels:

PanthersEdge2_zps24774cdc.png

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

I wonder if the Panthers throwbacks will be edge versions. If so, they'll probably be like one of these:

why would they have vertical and horizontal sleeve striping (like the current ones) on their throwbacks? Why wouldn't they just look like this?

panthersThird2006.jpg

Hurricanes11.png

I suppose they could do something like this to get the diagonal striping effect and then make it less awkward with the long shoulder panels:

Why would they add a long shoulder panel if their pre-edge set didn't?

panthersThird2006.jpg

Hurricanes11.png

Why would they add a long shoulder panel if their pre-edge set didn't?

Because the original version's shoulder panels came to a point. There is no template for that in the Edge version. I have no idea what they're going to do, I'm just coming up with my own speculations.

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

Archived