2013-2014 NHL Uniform & Logo Changes

ksupilot

Nothing wrong with Anaheim Ducks.

Like I said I love the original logo, however I'm not sure how I feel about seeing it make its way onto their new uniforms. I think they tried to distance themselves from the Disney tie-in so I don't know if it makes a whole lot of sense to slap it back on the front of a jersey. I don't mind seeing it on the shoulders....but I'm still a bit unsure about it.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If that's not the official one then I'm relieved. The city skyline and statue just reeks of half arsed inconsistency.

I'm thinking it may have been a proposed or preliminary version...the "true" version uses the same color scheme, but on a different background shape. No skyline or statue.

Regarding the Jets, going with the 70s jerseys would be a huge mistake for two reasons: 1. Not your team, not your history; 2. They're hideous. That logo was bland and generic and the jerseys were just as bad.

What's the difference between that and the current Senators 3rd jersey?

Secondly it's Winnipeg's history, so while it may not be the same franchise if that's what the Jets fans want then what harms is it to any of us? That being said as other have said I doubt they do a throwback now simply because there isn't near as much money in it as a new design.

The original Senators don't exist anymore. They're not claiming the history of another franchise that still plays in the league.

Okay I see you're point.

Do you have the same issue if they wear a throwback to the original Jets from 72? Seeing as the Coyotes only claim history back to the 79 merger?

untitled-6.jpg

Regarding the Jets, going with the 70s jerseys would be a huge mistake for two reasons: 1. Not your team, not your history; 2. They're hideous. That logo was bland and generic and the jerseys were just as bad.

Secondly it's Winnipeg's history, so while it may not be the same franchise if that's what the Jets fans want then what harms is it to any of us? That being said as other have said I doubt they do a throwback now simply because there isn't near as much money in it as a new design.

The original Senators don't exist anymore. They're not claiming the history of another franchise that still plays in the league.

Okay I see you're point.

Do you have the same issue if they wear a throwback to the original Jets from 72? Seeing as the Coyotes only claim history back to the 79 merger?

I thought they honoured the complete original Jets history. Didn't they made a big deal about "un-retiring" Bobby Hull's number when Brett joined the team for five minutes?

If it's Seattle I would like them to use the Metropolitans name. The original Seattle Metropolitans were the first American team to win the Stanley Cup.

I don't think that would ever happen. For one, I don't know if the name has enough marketability. Five syllables is too long for a team name. More importantly, a certain New York-based National League team might have some recourse (although their name has never been 'Metropolitans') because everyone would call the Seattle team the Mets.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

It's probably just me, but even though rxmc has a perhaps valid point, I still don't picture the old Jets as being a part of the Coyotes franchise history. To me, the Jets died in 1996, The Coyotes began their own franchise apart in 1996, and the original Jets were revived and revamped in 2011. But like I said, that's just the way I see it.

Concerning who has "the rights" and who doesn't, I just don't think it would be morally right to see the Coyotes wear Jets 1.0 throwbacks for a game, regardless. What a way it would be to stick it to the new franchise! So imo, if someone can wear the throwbacks, I'd say it's the Jets. :)

If it's Seattle I would like them to use the Metropolitans name. The original Seattle Metropolitans were the first American team to win the Stanley Cup.

I don't think that would ever happen. For one, I don't know if the name has enough marketability. Five syllables is too long for a team name. More importantly, a certain New York-based National League team might have some recourse (although their name has never been 'Metropolitans') because everyone would call the Seattle team the Mets.

at the time the team was known as the metros.

nhl94vansigpng.png

Okay I see you're point.

I thought they honoured the complete original Jets history. Didn't they made a big deal about "un-retiring" Bobby Hull's number when Brett joined the team for five minutes?

They did however the records do not indicate such as the NHL only recognizes the teams since 79. That's why you see Oilers, Jets, Whalers, Nordiques merchandise reading established 1979.

untitled-6.jpg

There's history there, but it's history nobody in Seattle remembers and I don't think Mets is a good nickname to begin with. They're better off starting over.

Thankfully, I think we're past the fad of singular team names (which makes the OKC Thunder even worse). If Seattle had gotten a team in 1993 they'd be called the "Seattle Speed" with a kewl logo of a grimacing jet. Now they'll probably make it plural and region specific. I would love it if they used the Mariners' criminally underused color scheme and add another teal team to the NHL, but a bright green to match the seahawks and sounders would be cool too.

PvO6ZWJ.png

More importantly, a certain New York-based National League team might have some recourse (although their name has never been 'Metropolitans') because everyone would call the Seattle team the Mets.

In a league that also features teams named the Jets, Panthers, Rangers, and Kings, I highly doubt a team being nicknamed the Mets would be a problem.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

More importantly, a certain New York-based National League team might have some recourse (although their name has never been 'Metropolitans') because everyone would call the Seattle team the Mets.

In a league that also features teams named the Jets, Panthers, Rangers, and Kings, I highly doubt a team being nicknamed the Mets would be a problem.

It would be a bigger problem from the Seattle team's point of view. What does the NY Mets baseball squadron care if some team from a fringe league uses that name? I'd think the Seattle Mets would be the team adversely impacted by that.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

That and, as pointed out above, the original Metropolitans were called the Metros, not the Mets.

I don't know. Metropolitans/Metros would be nice, but I'm open to anything else, provided it's actually good. Given that the Thunderbirds will probably be kicked out of the market should Seattle get a NHL team maybe they could use that identity?

Whatever they're called they shouldn't wear the Mariners colour scheme. At this point I think the Sharks should be able to have teal all to themselves. Navy and lime green would be pretty cool though.

Speaking of vintage...

Jan3113_milli_g.jpg

This season, in honour of the spirit of innovation and excellence born a century ago, your Vancouver Canucks will proudly wear the patch of the Vancouver Millionaires. Join us as we celebrate a daring, brilliant chapter in hockey's history that happened right here in BC.

http://canucks.nhl.c...ge.htm?id=86493

Go to canucks.com/millionaires for more information and check back often for more exciting Millionaires news as the Canucks continue to honour Vancouver’s hockey roots, particularly in-game March 16th as the Canucks host the Detroit Red Wings.

http://canucks.nhl.c...s.htm?id=653445

More pics of the photoshoot here.

Seriously, if you don't already follow Icethetics on twitter, do it now.

edit: lame, didn't see the topic about this

OttawaSenators.png

Archived