2013-2014 NHL Uniform & Logo Changes

ksupilot

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, that's definitely too dark of a blue to be the Isles' current logo.

Plus the stripes on the stick. The four stripes (Stanley Cups) version is the current.

Well, yes, that too, but at the size of those images, it's a little difficult to tell how many stripes there are.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

The WHL does the half year jersey thing. Dark at home until the Christmas break and then white at home until the end of the season.

I like it and I could see the NHL doing it to compromise.

The NHL did this already. For the 75th anniversary season teams wore white for the first half of the season and dark for the second half.

Is that actually how it worked? I've been trying to get a definitive answer and gettyimages seems to disagree with the first half/second half theory

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" • News • Facebook • X/Twitter • Instagram

Just saw puckguy on twitter point out what appears to be the first signs of a counterfeit Wild Wings at tonights Ducks game.

Pic?

His tweet with the original pic is there followed by mine with a side by side comparison. Hopefully it works doing this from my phone so I can't directly post the pic.

https://twitter.com/puckguy14/status/389597165560930305

untitled-6.jpg

Carolina's stretched-to-fit-a-NOB-on yokes look just awful. This whole square yoke trend needs to stop. I swear, the NHL is becoming just as much of a copycat league as the NBA.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Carolina's stretched-to-fit-a-NOB-on yokes look just awful. This whole square yoke trend needs to stop. I swear, the NHL is becoming just as much of a copycat league as the NBA.

Wait... no one puts the nameplate inside the yoke except for the Canes, so if you were looking for copycat fashion, this is not the droid you are looking for.

Wait... no one puts the nameplate inside the yoke except for the Canes, so if you were looking for copycat fashion, this is not the droid you are looking for.

Those were two separate complaints. How the ugly square yokes are becoming a thing (copycat league), and how Carolina's is especially ugly.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Stanley Cup championship or not the ducks need to go back to their inaugural look,

No they don't. Their current logo is far superior to the Disney one. All they need to do is make the third the home and create a white contrasting one for the road. Ditch the crappy Disney logo from the shoulders. Swap black with orange and orange with black, modify the stripes and you have a winner.

The Catch of the Day!

From Hockey Time Machine on tumblr: I never knew the original design for the Panthers' red jerseys called for navy numbers.

tumblr_mux8giwjht1spx4u4o1_500.jpg

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

From Hockey Time Machine on tumblr: I never knew the original design for the Panthers' red jerseys called for navy numbers.

tumblr_mux8giwjht1spx4u4o1_500.jpg

That's a good catch, never noticed it either. Every time I see that picture, I'm distracted by the true gem there: the panther-claw gloves lol

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

Hey, that's a clever idea. More teams should be creative with their gloves like that. The navy numbers wouldn't have worked in the standard-def era, but I like that they appear to be navy, yellow, and white. I wish the Panthers' old numbers had used all three colors.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Just because:

tumblr_mrjio4lAnw1spx4u4o1_500.jpg

Anyone know what year that's from? I can only narrow it down to sometime between 1980 and 1984.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Archived