2013-2014 NHL Uniform & Logo Changes

ksupilot

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Folks, you aren't gonna see too many uniform matchups better than this all year:

185369052_slide.jpg

Everyone knows the best matchup of the year will happen when the Minnesota Wild make a trip to Dallas ;)
Nice? Sure. Nicest? Nah ;)

The forest green just looks so dreary. Knowing that Dallas paired that exact shade with black is almost mind blowing in retrospect.

It was the 90s. "DARKEN ALL THE THINGS!" was a legitimate design philosophy.

From Hockey Time Machine on tumblr: I never knew the original design for the Panthers' red jerseys called for navy numbers.

tumblr_mux8giwjht1spx4u4o1_500.jpg

Are they standing on ice or is that concrete.

If it's concrete I shudder at the thought of the dulled blades.

When the Blue Jackets unveiled their uniforms in 98 or 99 the two guys modeling the unis wore rollerblades. It was the 90's!

PvO6ZWJ.png

Just because:

tumblr_mrjio4lAnw1spx4u4o1_500.jpg

Anyone know what year that's from? I can only narrow it down to sometime between 1980 and 1984.
Just from looking at the NHL Uniform Database it's between 1982 and 1984 based on Vancouver, St.Louis and Pittsburgh.
Also from looking at the NHL Uniform Database, I'd say it could only be for the '83-'84 season, based on the width of the Sabres' stripes. They were narrower/closer together in '82-'83, and the Blues changes their sweaters for '84-'85, so that leaves one possible season.

And what's up with that Capitals sweater? No stars on the sleeves?

Just because:

tumblr_mrjio4lAnw1spx4u4o1_500.jpg

Anyone know what year that's from? I can only narrow it down to sometime between 1980 and 1984.
Just from looking at the NHL Uniform Database it's between 1982 and 1984 based on Vancouver, St.Louis and Pittsburgh.
Also from looking at the NHL Uniform Database, I'd say it could only be for the '83-'84 season, based on the width of the Sabres' stripes. They were narrower/closer together in '82-'83, and the Blues changes their sweaters for '84-'85, so that leaves one possible season.

And what's up with that Capitals sweater? No stars on the sleeves?

1983-84, New Jersey's first year after the Rockies moved from Denver.

Devils first season was 1982-1983, although as has been mentioned, the poster is from '84.

From Hockey Time Machine on tumblr: I never knew the original design for the Panthers' red jerseys called for navy numbers.

tumblr_mux8giwjht1spx4u4o1_500.jpg

Are they standing on ice or is that concrete.

If it's concrete I shudder at the thought of the dulled blades.

When the Blue Jackets unveiled their uniforms in 98 or 99 the two guys modeling the unis wore rollerblades. It was the 90's!

Agreed. When I'm at the rink, nothing makes me cringe more than watching a kid walk on cement. It's usually kids who are new to hockey, but I've even seen guys on my team do it! It's infuriating.

From Icethetics:

There are also rumors — which may have started with an employee of the team store — saying that the Stadium Series jersey will be primarily orange and feature a version of the throwback Mighty Ducks logo. Probably not unlike what's currently used on the shoulder patch of the third jersey.

Perhaps something like this?

Ducks-StadiumSeries-001_zpsa90c5314.png

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

I'd love to see the Ducks find a unique shade of orange to rep Orange County, avoid being another black-based team and bring more color into the league (while not tredding on the Flyers' color...)

Speaking of color and the green commentary from above, I guess we have 3 different unique shades of green, if you count Wild- hunter/ Stars - "victory"/ Canucks - Kelly??? Would teal fall under blue ??

From Icethetics:

There are also rumors — which may have started with an employee of the team store — saying that the Stadium Series jersey will be primarily orange and feature a version of the throwback Mighty Ducks logo. Probably not unlike what's currently used on the shoulder patch of the third jersey.

Perhaps something like this?

Ducks-StadiumSeries-001_zpsa90c5314.png

Just take all of my money.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

From Icethetics:

I went even further...

Ducks_zpscfc06232.png

010.jpg

The WHL does the half year jersey thing. Dark at home until the Christmas break and then white at home until the end of the season.

I like it and I could see the NHL doing it to compromise.

The NHL did this already. For the 75th anniversary season teams wore white for the first half of the season and dark for the second half.

Is that actually how it worked? I've been trying to get a definitive answer and gettyimages seems to disagree with the first half/second half theory

Sorry I didn't reply to this earlier as I was out of town, but yes, that's how it worked. I think the "second half" started after the All Star break if I remember correctly.

The WHL does the half year jersey thing. Dark at home until the Christmas break and then white at home until the end of the season.

I like it and I could see the NHL doing it to compromise.

The NHL did this already. For the 75th anniversary season teams wore white for the first half of the season and dark for the second half.

Is that actually how it worked? I've been trying to get a definitive answer and gettyimages seems to disagree with the first half/second half theory

Sorry I didn't reply to this earlier as I was out of town, but yes, that's how it worked. I think the "second half" started after the All Star break if I remember correctly.

Montreal @ San Jose, 2/28/92, Sharks in teal:

Archived