2013-2014 NHL Uniform & Logo Changes

ksupilot

I am not the biggest fan of them, but it's not like the regular set is perfect.

Nice to see white at home tonight for the Hawks game, THE WAY IT OUGHT TO BE. Minnesota's NOBs, though, could they be any bigger?

They really are huge. I think the Wild and the Stars made the same mistake in opposite ways. Minnesota's NOBs are the size of captain's letters, and Dallas' captain's letters are the size of nameplate lettering. Both look so wrong.
On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From CalgaryPuck.com.

fu73.jpg

BXm9l3rCQAASsD0.jpg

are the shoulder yokes supposed to look like mountains? Or is that just the way the sweaters are sitting?

I think they were going for cowboy shirt style shoulders.

830-RED.jpg

You can sort of see it better here

Flames-New-Third-Jersey.jpg

I like the uniform. My only gripe is having the C under the typeface crest. It's cluttersome and unnecessary. Get ride of that and I think this is a solid third jersey. I'll be honest, at first glance this does not look great to the eyes. But, looking at the bottom posted image and evaluating it more it is a very unique blend of western concepts and i think it flows pretty well.

NYCFC - MLS CUP CHAMPIONS - 2021

Also not a fan of the Kings throwbacks... Or any of their jerseys for that matter. The worst is the Black uniform with it's non contrasting black logo. What's maddening is it'd be so easy to reverse the colours on that crest...

More Western Conference jersey news...did you guys happen to see this fantastic uni match-up?

186060527_slide.jpg

I didn't even know the Kings still wore those. Good to see they do - it's a great change of flavour from the drab black/white/silver all the time.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

More Western Conference jersey news...did you guys happen to see this fantastic uni match-up?

186060527_slide.jpg

I didn't even know the Kings still wore those. Good to see they do - it's a great change of flavour from the drab black/white/silver all the time.

Amen, Bubba Gump. I'm surprised by the amount of detractors. Oh well !

I'm not a fan of them; I'd prefer black/purple/silver, myself. But you're not wrong about the drabness of the current setup. Really, step one: release the awesome crown from its "pencil" prison.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

I'm not a fan of them; I'd prefer black/purple/silver, myself. But you're not wrong about the drabness of the current setup. Really, step one: release the awesome crown from its "pencil" prison.

Spot on, Mock.

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

186060527_slide.jpg

yes they do. It's for their "Legends Nights" where they honor a former King. They will wear them again December 7 against the Islanders and March 14 against the Maple Leafs.

It's nice to see them worn against good looking teams. Until this year, Legends Nights usually happened against ugly teams like Colorado, Dallas, and Calgary.

the worst helmets design to me is the Jacksonville jaguars hamlets from 1995 to 2012 because you can't see the logo vary wall

Great wordmark Calgary.

All the options and things you could have done, and you added a second red jersey with a wordmark.

I applaud the hard work it took for that and creativity. Outstanding!

2ly2w09.jpg

The first time I saw the new Dallas jersey, I thought it was not so bad... different color scheme, unique stripings... But now that I've seen it in a complete game against Montreal, I think this jersey looks too much like a local Pee Wee team jersey, with the one tone numbers and the bizarre font...

dammit Flames, would this have been so hard to keep, and perhaps added a matching road white?

Or, better yet, this far-superior white version?

50937409_display_image.jpg

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

The first time I saw the new Dallas jersey, I thought it was not so bad... different color scheme, unique stripings... But now that I've seen it in a complete game against Montreal, I think this jersey looks too much like a local Pee Wee team jersey, with the one tone numbers and the bizarre font...

Its block with serifs, whats bizarre about it?

dammit Flames, would this have been so hard to keep, and perhaps added a matching road white?

Or, better yet, this far-superior white version?

50937409_display_image.jpg

No, sorry. Nothing 'superior" about them putting black in the color scheme. They went from having a great, unique color scheme to looking like four other teams in the league. This is BFBS at it's finest.

This beats that every day of the week and twice on Sundays

gilmour_009_slide.jpg

105691860_display_image.jpg?1293660214

I'm not positive, but I think they did keep these as a "vintage" /4th jersey along with the new third...sorry if i'm giving out bad info. Same way the Kings could add a new third while still keeping the "forum blue" one as a vintage/4th.

I assume he meant that the addition of black to the red made them similar to the Blackhawks, Devils and Senators.

That's just a ridiculous comparison.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Archived