ksupilot

2013-2014 NHL Uniform & Logo Changes

The '80s uniforms were nice. The pre-Edge white was fantastic. The red was...OK. Make the numbers and crest white with a black outline, and they look much, much better.

The '80s uniforms were nice. The pre-Edge white was fantastic. The red was...OK. Make the numbers and crest white with a black outline, and they look much, much better.

Never understood the black = ash argument... Yes there is no such thing as black flames but there is also no such thing as flames that morph into a C... It's a symbol used to represent the team, not a realistic depiction of fire. The red chevron jersey introduced in time for the cup run of 2004 was a modern classic.

How come the flames have never done a red C on a black jersey? Have they?

I heard some second hand information during the third jersey selection process that they had a black jersey designed with the red C, and it was very popular amongst the staff and those who saw it, but Ken King put the kibosh on it because he wanted the jersey to be red. Not sure if there's any truth to it but, yeah...

The red C was a shoulder logo on the flaming horse head black 3rd/ away jersey they had.

Flames15.png

Didn't look very good in my humble opinion... but then, neither did the rest of the jersey

It's BFBS when it's never been part of the team's color scheme and then somehow rears it's ugly head at a time when the league trend is to "black-ify" uniforms. Also. if you're going to play the literalist association game between colors and monikers, you'd have to redo half the league, unless you have blue maple trees where you come from?

I never said they were obliged to add black because of their name, nor did I say that their colour scheme had to be a literal reflection of their name. I just said that it there would be justification to add black due to its connection to fire.

The new shoulder patch should replace the Canadian and Alberta flags on the current jerseys. It'd make those edge disasters a little better.

It's still putting whipped cream on dog crap.

This is the seventh year under Reebok! When are they gonna finally smarten up?

It'd look better on fire.

I was just perusing the Ducks section on the NHL Shop, and these three items are listed as "Special Event Items". I don't know if that means a special NHL store event or a special NHL event, i.e. the Stadium Series. Might these give us a look to what the Ducks will sport? A whole lot of orange (including the first sweatshirt that is basically an orange version of the third jersey).

Ducks1_zps0478e715.jpgDucks2_zpsd66d2c38.jpgDucks3_zps4c62ed66.jpg

White at home for Team Cane-ada tonight.

BYA_XBmIAAAibeG.jpg

No.

No.

zpqmjdhdlfkyckfkyfkydoey's pun or the fact that they're wearing white at home?