2013-2014 NHL Uniform & Logo Changes

ksupilot

Calgary is wearing the new thirds tonight. The white numbers don't fit with the rest of the uniform. I think black numbers would have looked better.

I'll be switching stations to the Calgary game, during commercials.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I must say, the Calgary thirds are by far the best sweaters of their current set. Replace the script logo with a white flaming "C", make a matching road sweater (with red yokes), and the Flames would look respectable again.

Also, replace the black helmets with matching red ones. Even though I still prefer the classic retro look, an all-red look with just the black pants would look really good.

I must say, the Calgary thirds are by far the best sweaters of their current set. Replace the script logo with a white flaming "C", make a matching road sweater (with red yokes), and the Flames would look respectable again.

Also, replace the black helmets with matching red ones. Even though I still prefer the classic retro look, an all-red look with just the black pants would look really good.

Agree...wonder if the Flames could ever pull off yellow helmets with a red or black set. Thoughts? I feel they need some way to re-emphasize that color ...

Calgary is wearing the new thirds tonight. The white numbers don't fit with the rest of the uniform. I think black numbers would have looked better.

The jerseys look really good from afar, at the distance of tv cameras. Those numbers really pop, too. Highly visible, highly legible, they do what numbers are supposed to do. In fact, with a white flaming C, the back numbers, the sleeve numbers, and the front logo would all pop equally, which would be perfect.

I hope they build on this third jersey and make a similar one with a white C as the home in the near future.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

...wonder if the Flames could ever pull off yellow helmets with a red or black set. Thoughts? I feel they need some way to re-emphasize that color ...

Yellow helmets? No thank you.

Pittsburgh-Penguins-Yellow-Jersey-1981-1

Well, yes, with this set, we have a biiiiiiiiiit of overkill. With a red or black set, would it look terrible?

I was just perusing the Ducks section on the NHL Shop, and these three items are listed as "Special Event Items". I don't know if that means a special NHL store event or a special NHL event, i.e. the Stadium Series. Might these give us a look to what the Ducks will sport? A whole lot of orange (including the first sweatshirt that is basically an orange version of the third jersey).

Ducks1_zps0478e715.jpgDucks2_zpsd66d2c38.jpgDucks3_zps4c62ed66.jpg

The orange ones seem to have black trim, while the far-right one has navy? Is navy part of their color palette?

I was just perusing the Ducks section on the NHL Shop, and these three items are listed as "Special Event Items". I don't know if that means a special NHL store event or a special NHL event, i.e. the Stadium Series. Might these give us a look to what the Ducks will sport? A whole lot of orange (including the first sweatshirt that is basically an orange version of the third jersey).

If you want to confuse people (namely non-hockey fans) in the state of Oregon, go with the middle one. :upside:

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I wouldn't look too much into it, it's likely the Ducks simply want to push for more orange on team apparel. If anything that first one might give us an idea on the colour balance of the jersey, but given that every team is selling basically the same design I don't think it's any indication of what the jersey will actually look like. That and outside of the primarily orange colour scheme it doesn't match the rumours so far.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

The orange ones seem to have black trim, while the far-right one has navy? Is navy part of their color palette?

Navy? You might want to calibrate your monitor.

OttawaSenators.png

...wonder if the Flames could ever pull off yellow helmets with a red or black set. Thoughts? I feel they need some way to re-emphasize that color ...

1383569_10151956084883114_535297797_n.jp

1392548_10151956085038114_132237939_n.jp

Please no

This is much better

340x.jpg

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Names on the Rangers' ugly alternates are now vertically arched instead of radially. It looks better, but not good enough to warrant being worn in lieu of the classic blue shirts.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Well, yes, with this set, we have a biiiiiiiiiit of overkill. With a red or black set, would it look terrible?

If the yellow/yellow is overkill, yellow helmets with a red or black base would be total obliviation. Maybe a red helmet.

I wouldn't mind a move like that, because I always enjoy a good ol' nostalgic sighting, reminiscent of 80s hockey games. The question is...could it work long term?

Will Bure's banner tonight be in green and blue?

bure.png

Even Stan Smyl's banner is in current Canucks colors, even though he only ever wore black/red/yellow.

Why are they pretending that part of their history never existed?

Will Bure's banner tonight be in green and blue?

bure.png

Even Stan Smyl's banner is in current Canucks colors, even though he only ever wore black/red/yellow.

Why are they pretending that part of their history never existed?

I like era specific banners but seeing how the canucks have used every colour in the rainbow during their history, maybe its best they don't go that route.

Archived