ksupilot

2013-2014 NHL Uniform & Logo Changes

even though I was against their offseason changes, I have to say the home teal Sharks sweater looks pretty solid despite lacking the necessary striping. I'm watching them play the Yotes now, and the lack of a black yoke really brightens the sweater and makes it pop off the white ice. Looks good, even with a "minimal" aesthetic, one could say.

(on the other hand, the away Sharks sweater needs something. Even if you went with the "naked" striping at the waist and had kept just the teal yoke, it would give that jersey some bite...TRYING to be open-minded about this).

...wonder if the Flames could ever pull off yellow helmets with a red or black set. Thoughts? I feel they need some way to re-emphasize that color ...

Yellow helmets? No thank you.

Pittsburgh-Penguins-Yellow-Jersey-1981-1

1383569_10151956084883114_535297797_n.jp

1392548_10151956085038114_132237939_n.jp

Please no

This is much better

340x.jpg

I disagree. Yellow sweaters with a matching yellow helmet work perfectly together. Yellow should be classified the same as white and teams that wear yellow/gold should wear them against teams in dark uniforms. The AHL Bruins perfected it beautifully. It's the first time since the '89 Canucks that a North American pro hockey team has had a true yellow uniform.

While it's a matter of taste, I strongly feel that yellow/gold uniforms are wrongfully criticized because the teams that have worn them at the NHL level were non-Cup contenders and those very teams have done a horrible job in marketing the colour as their true identity. Had the Canucks kept the classic Stick 'n Rink in the yellow, orange-red, and black colours instead of wearing the garish Flying V designs and if they had iced the kind of team in the 80s like they had in the early 90s and most of the 2000s and 2010s, their home yellows would have gotten the kind of respect that the NBA LA Lakers' home uniforms get.

And speaking of the Lakers, had the Kings rightfully kept their colours of royalty with Gretzky on the team, their uniforms would have gotten far more respect as well.

I'm a traditionalist and I love clean and traditional white uniforms. However, any one or two yellow teams adds "a little" variety to light-coloured uniforms. Just as long as it's not the ugly puke yellow that Nashville wore a few years ago.

The Canucks old banners were just awful

IMG_2410.jpgbanners.jpg

At least the banners displayed the correct crests what the team wore during those respective accomplishments. Not the vague and generic ones they have now.

Even Stan Smyl's banner is in current Canucks colors, even though he only ever wore black/red/yellow.

Why are they pretending that part of their history never existed?

Smyl actually played in the original colors, although it was in pre-season of 1978-79 just prior to the change. I'm not sure if the video footage of him still exists in the Canucks library archive (bear in mind I saw the footage on their site around 2007)

Is it me, or do the numbers on the banner look really chunky?

...wonder if the Flames could ever pull off yellow helmets with a red or black set. Thoughts? I feel they need some way to re-emphasize that color ...

Yellow helmets? No thank you.

Pittsburgh-Penguins-Yellow-Jersey-1981-1

1383569_10151956084883114_535297797_n.jp

1392548_10151956085038114_132237939_n.jp

Please no

This is much better

340x.jpg

I disagree. Yellow sweaters with a matching yellow helmet work perfectly together. Yellow should be classified the same as white and teams that wear yellow/gold should wear them against teams in dark uniforms. The AHL Bruins perfected it beautifully. It's the first time since the '89 Canucks that a North American pro hockey team has had a true yellow uniform.

While it's a matter of taste, I strongly feel that yellow/gold uniforms are wrongfully criticized because the teams that have worn them at the NHL level were non-Cup contenders and those very teams have done a horrible job in marketing the colour as their true identity. Had the Canucks kept the classic Stick 'n Rink in the yellow, orange-red, and black colours instead of wearing the garish Flying V designs and if they had iced the kind of team in the 80s like they had in the early 90s and most of the 2000s and 2010s, their home yellows would have gotten the kind of respect that the NBA LA Lakers' home uniforms get.

And speaking of the Lakers, had the Kings rightfully kept their colours of royalty with Gretzky on the team, their uniforms would have gotten far more respect as well.

I'm a traditionalist and I love clean and traditional white uniforms. However, any one or two yellow teams adds "a little" variety to light-coloured uniforms. Just as long as it's not the ugly puke yellow that Nashville wore a few years ago.

Are you not considering the Preds to be a yellow-based team? Or not ... because they have dark navy helmets? My initial comment was seeing how that would look with a Flames kit overall (I think a red helmet would also be preferable to the black as well). I LOOOOOOOOVE that Bruins jersey, and I'm shocked that the team failed to use their WC set as a third/heritage jersey in favor of the Bear. Adding that sweater to the set possibly makes that collection of jerseys the best in the league.

My only issue with THESE yellow helmets is I thought you photoshopped them on. They are YELLOW, and it clashes slightly because the jersey has some different elements. The Mario set looks more cohesive in terms of the jersey color and helmet color being the same...

marcel-dionne-pic_display_image.jpg?1274 looks ok, would a purple helmet work better?

Would a black helmet look better on the road and home?

Canucks09.png

even though I was against their offseason changes, I have to say the home teal Sharks sweater looks pretty solid despite lacking the necessary striping. I'm watching them play the Yotes now, and the lack of a black yoke really brightens the sweater and makes it pop off the white ice. Looks good, even with a "minimal" aesthetic, one could say.

(on the other hand, the away Sharks sweater needs something. Even if you went with the "naked" striping at the waist and had kept just the teal yoke, it would give that jersey some bite...TRYING to be open-minded about this).

That's how I feel. I'm actually digging the solid teal look on the homes. The problem is the solid white look on the road gives them a "practice jersey" feel.

The Canucks old banners were just awful

IMG_2410.jpgbanners.jpg

At least the banners displayed the correct crests what the team wore during those respective accomplishments. Not the vague and generic ones they have now.

I have to say that these, are the generics banners, even if the current ones don't match really with certain eras

slovenske_narodni_dresy_2014_oba.jpg

The Slovakia uniforms for Sotchi... If you wonder what the little lines are, it's actually.... the lyrics of their national anthem

The Slovakia uniforms for Sotchi... If you wonder what the little lines are, it's actually.... the lyrics of their national anthem

you´re bull :censored:ing ? :o

marcel-dionne-pic_display_image.jpg?1274 looks ok, would a purple helmet work better?

Would a black helmet look better on the road and home?

Canucks09.png

In both cases the darker colored helmet would look bettter with the yellow jersey, but the NHL rules today keep two teams from wearing dark colored helmets against each other (ignore the Penguins-Capitals winter classic). I don't know what the rules were in the 80's when the Kings and Canucks wore those yellow uniforms, but I assume the league told them they couldn't wear dark colored helmets with those jerseys.

put my vote in for era specific banners as well. The Bure and 1994 banners being blue and green looks lame.

you´re bull :censored:ing ? :o

I wish i was..

slovenske_narodni_dresy_2014_oba.jpg

I love this. Simple and elegant, with a little design feature you can only see from up close.

Best looking olympic set yet... though not saying much.

You know, after seeing those Slovakia jerseys, I have to say that it's nice that the faux laces are transparent like that. They're probably the least evident on those jerseys. At least they're not immediately visible, because if they weren't transparent, those would be really half-ass laces.