2013-2014 NHL Uniform & Logo Changes

ksupilot

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think retro for retro's sake is better than futuristic for futuristic's sake. Retro throws back to something that was already around. It had to look somewhat good at some point, or at the very least we're more accustomed to seeing it. The Future ones are made up, banking that we're going to like some new trend that hasn't caught on yet, and therefore can be downright garish. I'm going to venture that Boring > Garish any day.

Not all futuristic designs have to be garish though. The Colorado Avalanche went futuristic with their inaugural set and produced a modern classic. Same with the Pre-Edge Penguins just to name a few. I'll probably eat these words cause you know... it is Reebok but for now I'm holding out hope that the Stadium Series will produce some decent designs.

I don't think the chrome logos will be used on the front of the jerseys either as there is too much detail to accurately reproduce through embroidery. Unlike the chrome flyers logo previously posted.

...that Isles logo has some serious potential. They could drop a really nice looking uniform. However, they are the Islanders and this has a 1% chance of happening.

You're right.

12.fish-stick-uniform.jpg

It looks much better with simple lines than with a design drawn by a someone on crystal meth

I'm relieved the stadium series jerseys aren't going to the same fauxback route myself. Sure the Winter Classic has produced some great designs, Boston and Pittsburgh (2008) come to mind immediately, but the novelty has long since worn off. The designs for the 2012 WC in particular were terrible, same with the upcoming 2014 event... All they do is take design elements from the past, throw them together and add vintage white... Even if they don't fit (I'm looking at you Detroit).

But they always create Captain's patches in all different shapes and colors.

I know that's saved the new Sabres third for me. I thought it was simply awful until I found out that 3 people would be skating with different-looking captaincy patches :upside:

Speaking of, have they even worn that yet? Has it been scrapped?

They're supposed to wear it for the first time by the end of the month( if i remember, it's around November 24 or 28)

I know there are some haters of the Oilers' sweaters, and we've heard how they're too loud and the colors wash out or something...I tell ya, yesterday was an awesome match-up (no O6 teams, either):

187930252_8.jpg?w=557

187926536_8.jpg?w=891

I'm still hoping for more teams to "lighten up."

I know there are some haters of the Oilers' sweaters, and we've heard how they're too loud and the colors wash out or something...I tell ya, yesterday was an awesome match-up (no O6 teams, either):

187930252_8.jpg?w=557

187926536_8.jpg?w=891

My only issue, is they need to scale the logo to make it a bit smaller, and move it to the middle of the jersey

187930252_8.jpg?w=557

187926536_8.jpg?w=891

My only issue, is they need to scale the logo to make it a bit smaller, and move it to the middle of the jersey

I disagree, with a circle logo, there'd be a bunch of empty space. I like it how it is anyway,

I still think that the Stars need a black outline on their numbers and NOB.

Absolutley. Also, I still think the Stars' new logos blow. However, they absolutely got the colors right, and that's more important. That's a great, vibrant color match-up. And before anyone says it, NO, it would not look better if it was color-on-color.

Oh, I hope to God that they're not slapping those chrome logos on the front of the jerseys.

Please, oh please, just let them be for promotional purposes.

Oh, no. Something far worse. They're slapping those chrome logos on stock Reebok templates which will presumably be the same for each team.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

187930252_8.jpg?w=557

187926536_8.jpg?w=891

This probably makes me a terrible excuse for a hockey fan, but I've always equated Orange/Blue with the Islanders, not the Oilers. It throws me for a loop every time. "Wait, that's not the Islanders?" is my usual reaction when I see the Oilers.

Tradition is the foundation of innovation, and not the enemy.

Archived