2013-2014 NHL Uniform & Logo Changes

ksupilot

I would like the Hurricanes to bring back a Hartford Whalers throwback since everyone else seems to be getting behind the wheel of the wayback machine. I imagine with the complex situation with the likeness rights and the City of Hartford it'll probably never happen.

Also, nice avatar, Lee.

I would rather see Carolina play a preseason game in Hartford and bust out the Whalers throwbacks then. Probably would sell more tickets for that one preseason game than all of their other preseason games combined.

70389454.png

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, the last thing we need is for the Flames to wear the throwbacks full time. Not only is there not enough contrast between the red and yellow, but those jerseys make me want to recalibrate my television every time they appear.

No. No no no no no.

While I agree there could be more contrast, I'll take the throwbacks full time if it means getting rid of those other two jerseys with 10 different striping patterns and tacky flags. Now that the Oilers has gotten rid of their first edge set completely, the Flames are the worst dressed team in the league. I can't believe those jerseys are still around.

No, the last thing we need is for the Flames to wear the throwbacks full time. Not only is there not enough contrast between the red and yellow, but those jerseys make me want to recalibrate my television every time they appear.

No. No no no no no.

While I agree there could be more contrast, I'll take the throwbacks full time if it means getting rid of those other two jerseys with 10 different striping patterns and tacky flags. Now that the Oilers has gotten rid of their first edge set completely, the Flames are the worst dressed team in the league. I can't believe those jerseys are still around.

If they do go with the throwbacks full time, the road whites will be beauties. That being said, I feel they would need to tweak the red ones so there's better contrast, accuracy be damned.

All that being said, I know the pre-Edge homes were love it or hate it with the black C, but I'd like to see them go back to that set if they can.

oEQ0ySg.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29 // College Crosse: Where I write, chat, and infograph lacrosse

No. No no no no no.

If they do go with the throwbacks full time, the road whites will be beauties. That being said, I feel they would need to tweak the red ones so there's better contrast, accuracy be damned.

All that being said, I know the pre-Edge homes were love it or hate it with the black C, but I'd like to see them go back to that set if they can.

I can see the argument being made, because the home throwbacks are a little...loud. I still think they look great, and I'd love to see them bring that set (home/away) back full time, especially now that Edmonton has brought theirs back.

I also think I must be one of the few people who likes the current set better than the pre-edge. The striping on the pre-edge set looked really bad to me, so much so that the piping doesn't bother me on their Edge sets. I normally don't care for piping, but I think the Flames pull it off due to their colors. I know that's not an opinion shared by many, though.

Is Boston still wearing different decals for home and third jersey helmets? Thought I saw a game this year with the home jersey but a decidedly different looking helmet for some reason.

Didn't they always wear the same helmet?

2lo25gj.jpg

1jl1lu.jpg

I thought that the numbers were different, that the black numbers were only on the third helmets. Entirely possible I'm wrong, as yellow numbers on the helmet doesn't look right in my mind's eye...

Just looking at that picture, the Bruins really need to drop the double-outlines for the NoBs/numbers on the primaries and go with just yellow outlined in white, like the alternate. That's the one thing holding their uniforms back from perfection.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Just looking at that picture, the Bruins really need to drop the double-outlines for the NoBs/numbers on the primaries and go with just yellow outlined in white, like the alternate. That's the one thing holding their uniforms back from perfection.

They need to do the exact opposite. Get rid of the single white and go double outline on the 3rds. Watching all the Bruins games on TV, the numbers on the thirds are difficult to read and look fat.

CCSLC sig 2016.jpg

20kujjp.jpg

Bruins really should switch their 3rds to the gold Winter Classic sweaters.

Those things were ugly as sin, no way. Like I said in another thread, the NHL needs to allow 4 jerseys full time so we aren't stuck with :censored:ty throwbacks as thirds.

2ly2w09.jpg

Those things were ugly as sin, no way. Like I said in another thread, the NHL needs to allow 4 jerseys full time so we aren't stuck with :censored:ty throwbacks as thirds.

I think it would be nice to have a team using Brown - even if it was just for uniform trim on an alt uniform.

I think it would be nice to have a team using Brown - even if it was just for uniform trim on an alt uniform.

Unless it was a very dark brown (similar to the Winter Classic third - so brown it's almost black) I don't think the jersey would go over quite well with the fans. The black and gold are just too popular to shy away from. It's one of the reasons you don't see many people rocking the Winter Classic jersey at games. Their current set is just way too popular with the fans.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

the NHL needs to allow 4 jerseys full time so we aren't stuck with :censored:ty throwbacks as thirds.

How many jerseys are too many jerseys? I say 3 is fine. Home, away and alternate. And thats it.

I agree. As much as I like the idea of the Ducks bringing in their whole pre-2006 uniform set back to wear on occasion, it gets a bit silly when you have more than three jerseys in rotation. Even four's pushing it.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

They need to do the exact opposite. Get rid of the single white and go double outline on the 3rds. Watching all the Bruins games on TV, the numbers on the thirds are difficult to read and look fat.

Adding an extra outline makes them easier to read?

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

when it's a black outline separating yellow and white then Yes...

CCSLC sig 2016.jpg

20kujjp.jpg

when it's a black outline separating yellow and white then Yes...

Stuff like that sounds silly, but try calling a game for TV or radio and suddenly, things like sleeve number legibility matter SO much.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

Archived