2013-2014 NHL Uniform & Logo Changes

ksupilot

Those orange arm stripe on the Sharks road jersey are WAY too big.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
When every change is treated like Islanders fishsticks it becomes impossible to take any of you seriously. The Sabres alt is bad. When calm I can think of at least six current uniforms that are worse.

Here's where you're wrong. You can think of six current uniforms that are worse then the Sabres' alternate, in your opinion. So someone else, thinking just as clearly as you, the Sabres' alternate uniform just might be the worst in the league currently. And that's not an overreaction if they truly think that.

When every change is treated like Islanders fishsticks it becomes impossible to take any of you seriously. The Sabres alt is bad. When calm I can think of at least six current uniforms that are worse.

Here's where you're wrong. You can think of six current uniforms that are worse then the Sabres' alternate, in your opinion. So someone else, thinking just as clearly as you, the Sabres' alternate uniform just might be the worst in the league currently. And that's not an overreaction if they truly think that.

I'm all for level-headed people declaring it the worst in the league. I just don't like sifting through an ever growing amount of memes and reaction gifs and nonsensical anger to read something level-headed.

Back when the first edge uniforms came out we had a lot of really awful uniforms forced on us. There was anger but it all seemed proportionate to what was going on. Now every change by every team is treated exactly the same by most of the people posting.

And on the rare occasions when people are called out on it, the predictable response is always "we are uniform and logo geeks. This is what we are supposed to do" which almost seems insulting because it makes us all out to be irrational and unreasonable which doesn't seem like geekery to me.

nhl94vansigpng.png

Sabres President Ted Black got involved with the interactive video the team put out to simulate being called up to the Sabres and to order his customized third jersey. Great job TB!

http://sabres.c1ms.com/2014/

Sick.

19nxwi.jpg

It's a funny name.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Yup, sign me up for that. It makes the Isles' black alt look really good. I can't think of another current jersey that's even remotely close to the Sabres' third.

19nxwi.jpg

If only this had been Vancouver instead. Imagine those punch lines.

Poor Rick Jeanneret. They had to get him involved with this.

I do not accept this as an excuse for the continued dumbing down of this discussion board. What used to be a spectrum of opinion and nuanced discussion has devolved into a race to see who can dislike the newest thing the quickest and snarkiest.

Yeah. We are nerds. But we used to be smarter. There are still people who are capable and I am thankful that they retain the patience needed to soldier on.

I don't care about the memes. At least they are sometimes entertaining. But can we tone down the hyperbole? If any of you honestly are that pissed about inverting a sock pattern or widening a stripe- well, you're entitled to your opinion but your opinion is wrong and likely best kept to yourself.

Tl:dr- the unnecessary hyperbole- knock it the f#@k off

I can't think of 6 but I can definitely think of a few...

Worse than the Islanders third? Hardly. At least it has a logo on the front. Worse than either of Avalanche main jerseys? I'll take that cape template over the piping laced bib any day. Worse than what the Flames wear full time? Impossible because nothing is worse than those including Wildwing bursting through the ice ;)

Yup, sign me up for that. It makes the Isles' black alt look really good. I can't think of another current jersey that's even remotely close to the Sabres' third.

No, the Sabres third doesn't make the Isle's third look good. They are both equally terrible and should never be seen in the light of day.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

Yea Icethetics has it all covered too

Went back in the thread and noticed these were already posted. My bad! haha

http://www.icethetics.info/blog/2013/11/19/whats-in-store-for-the-stadium-series.html

http://www.icethetics.info/blog/2013/11/21/sabres-sens-and-stadiums-redux.html

cbe40ver0fdixhaag4regu3k0.gif3109.gifmt0sb106vq1t9wff53rzn98j9.gif

From Sudbury to Peterborough, now in Sherbrooke

2v274et.jpgWonderfully done by Silent Wind of Doom

I do not accept this as an excuse for the continued dumbing down of this discussion board. What used to be a spectrum of opinion and nuanced discussion has devolved into a race to see who can dislike the newest thing the quickest and snarkiest.

Yeah. We are nerds. But we used to be smarter. There are still people who are capable and I am thankful that they retain the patience needed to soldier on.

I don't care about the memes. At least they are sometimes entertaining. But can we tone down the hyperbole? If any of you honestly are that pissed about inverting a sock pattern or widening a stripe- well, you're entitled to your opinion but your opinion is wrong and likely best kept to yourself.

Tl:dr- the unnecessary hyperbole- knock it the f#@k off

I can't think of 6 but I can definitely think of a few...

Worse than the Islanders third? Hardly. At least it has a logo on the front. Worse than either of Avalanche main jerseys? I'll take that cape template over the piping laced bib any day. Worse than what the Flames wear full time? Impossible because nothing is worse than those including Wildwing bursting through the ice ;)

There is no way that six current NHL jerseys are worse than the cape.

It's the worst in the league, bar none, including the Islanders' third. There are many instances where a jersey is "the worst for this team" because it doesn't match their usual colors or they do something strange or Reebok effects spoil it, or it simply isn't what you want to see, but as a simple jersey, for another team in another time, wouldn't be that bad.

but this Sabres jersey is objectively awful, on its own, no context necessary.

It's worse because the Sabres were finally getting it right.

And this one idea, of different colored front and back, in wildly contrasting colors, no less, could be the single worst design element we've seen yet.

I've watched a game with Wild Wing, it wasn't as continuously-jarring as the navy-to-gold flashes every time a Sabre turned around. The Burger King jersey had silver and white, horribly strange, but not as jarring. The only thing that could possibly surpass the continuous, not-going-to-get-used-to-it, difficult to process and at times even nauseating effect had by these Sabres alts are the Canucks Flying V, which had similar qualities in differences between front and back with high-contrast and bright colors. Seriously, go watch the highlights. The photos make the capes look better than they truly are.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

Uhh yeah I don't think this is a case of people being hyperbolic or overreacting to a bad jersey.

I think when people say this could be the worst jersey in NHL history they are completely reasonable and justified. It's all-time bottom 5 bad and I really mean that.

"What used to be a spectrum of opinion and nuanced discussion has devolved into a race to see who can dislike the newest thing the quickest and snarkiest"

I agree in some threads, but the topic of the sabres' new thirds isn't the thread to take this stance. This uniform is so terrible not only in an aesthetic sense, but also in a decision making sense that it has you questioning everything the Sabres do and at the same time almost explains why the Sabres are where they are in the standings. It is so terrible that it deserves the quickest and snarkiest of hate that can be thrown its way.

This is literally one of the worst sports uniforms I've ever seen and it completely deserves any hate it gets. Nuanced discussion? Please, the Sabres third uniform forfeited any right to nuanced discussion when they chose to wear a mullet as a jersey.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Archived