2013-2014 NHL Uniform & Logo Changes

ksupilot

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have to say, I like Ottawa's fauxback design a lot more when it's set on a vintage white base, as opposed to the standard black.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Ducks Stadium Series shirsey showed up on Twitter last night. Looks like the numbers and letters will be black/white/gold.

1385723120_zps675bfe2c.jpg

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Meh, the Ducks have sold those same exact shirseys (minus the chrome and with the full "Ducks") for a few years. Once I heard the jerseys were orange, I knew that's how the numbers had to be.

But damn, does that chrome logo look bad in practice. It doesn't look horrible for the Islanders, because the white is white and the chrome is basically an outline. With the Ducks, it's all over it. And the drop shadow on the logo on the t-shirt isn't great.

I hope the jersey design can make up for that chrome nastiness.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULB | USMNT | USWNT | LAFC | OCSC | MAN UTD |

Ducks Stadium Series jerseys to be released on December 3 (probably Kings too because they play each other that night and it might be like how the Canucks and Sens did theirs)

https://twitter.com/AdamJBrady/status/406170002534825984

I assume that's how they'll do it as well.

And I'll be there, so if they're in the team store or anything, I'll give my hands on review.

453163941_slide.jpg

anyone else notice that all of the minnesota wild players had these strange islanders-stadium-series-style drawstrings on their sweaters tonight?

i really hope this isn't going to be the way reebok treats tie-ups from now, especially since the stars just got drawstrings. i'd hate to see this ugly version become standard.

I think this new style of tie-ups are specifically for the players. You'll occasionally see players (especially goalies) take the laces completely out because they feel the laces get in the way. This new style addresses that issue (no loose laces) while still maintaining the general vintage look.

Regardless, they look odd.

OttawaSenators.png

^

I was thinking that too. It may just be a Pominville thing.

It's from the same league where some players cut off the tips of the NHL shield because they were too pointy. (Before RBK screened the shield these days)

eMXEIDC.png

toIYnW8.png

Hmm. Well that is odd. I thought it was just a "futuristic" design element for the Stadium Series.

I wonder if it was the players or the equipment managers that set them up that way? Or if it was something the NHL put down?

Either way, I don't like it on the traditional/regular jerseys like that. For the one game "futuristic" Stadium Series, I can deal with it, but not full time with a traditional aesthetic like that.

EDIT: Looking through some of the pictures, it wasn't all the players, but there were more than one doing. So I have no idea. But if individual players are doing it, they need to stop right now. That's dumb.

Hmm. Well that is odd. I thought it was just a "futuristic" design element for the Stadium Series.

I wonder if it was the players or the equipment managers that set them up that way? Or if it was something the NHL put down?

Either way, I don't like it on the traditional/regular jerseys like that. For the one game "futuristic" Stadium Series, I can deal with it, but not full time with a traditional aesthetic like that.

EDIT: Looking through some of the pictures, it wasn't all the players, but there were more than one doing. So I have no idea. But if individual players are doing it, they need to stop right now. That's dumb.

i didn't watch the entire game, but at one point they showed the bench, and there were at least 4-5 players in a row, all wearing the ugly weird laces.

that said, i don't really care for reebok's normal laces either. they're incredibly short, and i don't think i've seen a single player actually tie them up because of it.

this is what a tie-up is supposed to look like:

12rangers.184.jpg

not this:

seguin-tyler-stars-02-300x325.jpg

ok did some searching

http://nesn.com/2013/12/minnesota-wild-to-wear-jimmy-buffett-themed-parrothead-sweater-in-game-against-blackhawks-photo/

it seems like it is only for the Singer of the national anthems. Jimmy Buffet

Should've searched before i posted lol

cbe40ver0fdixhaag4regu3k0.gif3109.gifmt0sb106vq1t9wff53rzn98j9.gif

From Sudbury to Peterborough, now in Sherbrooke

2v274et.jpgWonderfully done by Silent Wind of Doom

Love the Kings jersey! Here's a good look at it (had to visit their web site):

Stadium-Series-Jersey-Promo-BROWN-25_sli

Wasn't expecting the purple tinge:

JerseyLargeFront_slide.jpg

Man, that is a nice jersey (IMHO). I would keep that on as a third or something! Do you think any teams will do that?

a straight hem stripe would look so much better, right now it looks really awkward, especially how it angles so sharply

Archived