2013-2014 NHL Uniform & Logo Changes

ksupilot

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had heard that Ducks rumour, but the Blues one is news to me. Hopefully it's a return to the pre-Edge set. That was a modern classic. I know that's a term that gets thrown around a lot, but I mean it here. It was a near perfect hockey uniform.

I had heard that Ducks rumour, but the Blues one is news to me. Hopefully it's a return to the pre-Edge set. That was a modern classic. I know that's a term that gets thrown around a lot, but I mean it here. It was a near perfect hockey uniform.

Plus the Preds can now own the Blues' template!

Also, hypeeeeee. Not sure I like the red stripe on the pads. They didn't do that in the old days, right?

20131218164308_2013-1218-dg-wings0181.jp

Will Howard be good to go for Jan. 1? Otherwise I see Gus shutting out the Leafs 5-0 or something.

eMXEIDC.png

toIYnW8.png

Also, hypeeeeee. Not sure I like the red stripe on the pads. They didn't do that in the old days, right?

Will Howard be good to go for Jan. 1? Otherwise I see Gus shutting out the Leafs 5-0 or something.

I swear I've seen something like that from the days when they first started coloring pads. A kind of test run, would it work? would it be accepted? That era when the side panels of pads could be in weird colors but the fronts were still brown leather.

I'm going to have to dig through some old NHL history books to see if I can find a photo of that though.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

I swear I've seen something like that from the days when they first started coloring pads. A kind of test run, would it work? would it be accepted?

I'm going to have to dig through some old NHL history books to see if I can find a photo of that though.

Which raises another question: when did that really start? Looking back through my resources, it seems like Billy Smith was the only one using colored pads in the early 80s, one or two adopters in the late 80s, and then suddenly everybody had them. In 1980, colored pads were a real rarity. In 1990, brown leather pads were a real rarity. What happened? and that quickly?

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

I swear I've seen something like that from the days when they first started coloring pads. A kind of test run, would it work? would it be accepted?

Which raises another question: when did that really start? Looking back through my resources, it seems like Billy Smith was the only one using colored pads in the early 80s, one or two adopters in the late 80s, and then suddenly everybody had them. In 1980, colored pads were a real rarity. In 1990, brown leather pads were a real rarity. What happened? and that quickly?

I think with the move to lighter foam pads manufacturers wanted them to look new and different from the old deer hair goalie pads so they covered them in colored leather instead of the standard brown.

Also, why are they at Comerica Park? I thought the Winter Classic was in Ann Arbor.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Im baffled that this post lacks a squid, octopus, or tentacle reference.

That's the magic of The Giant Pacific Octopus. He doesn't have to remind you in every post that he's an octopus. IceCap doesn't say he's Jewish in every post. In each respective case, it's just something that comes up when it's germane to the conversation that he, a mere participant among many in this message board community, is having.

FWIW, tGPO is my early favorite to win the Creamy for Poster of the Year in 2014.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I've mentioned it a hundred times by now, but a mod deleting "I'll take you to a Red Wings game" on the grounds of it being a violent death threat to an octopus was the hardest I've laughed at anything on this board all year.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I've mentioned it a hundred times by now, but a mod deleting "I'll take you to a Red Wings game" on the grounds of it being a violent death threat to an octopus was the hardest I've laughed at anything on this board all year.

Wait... That actually happened?

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

Yes. I'd link you to my post, but again, it's been stricken. I think it was the night we had the big communal Glendale City Council liveblog, so we were all running a little hot.

EDIT: I take it back, Tank referring to Paula Abdul as "Paul Abdulk" is the hardest I laughed all year:

ARE YOU KIDDING ME

Sir Mix-A-LOt and no KISS!!!

Paul Abdulk

THAT IS NOT Rock

Sir-Mix-alot is one hit wonder with a novelty song

Paul Adbul was a lip syncing dancer

What a :censored:ing Joke

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I think with the move to lighter foam pads manufacturers wanted them to look new and different from the old deer hair goalie pads so they covered them in colored leather instead of the standard brown.

Also, why are they at Comerica Park? I thought the Winter Classic was in Ann Arbor.

The Winter Classic is in Ann Arbor but Comerica is hosting some games as well including an AHL game, 2 OHL games and, NCAA games (not sure how many). If I'm not mistaken (which I could be) they are also playing an NHL alumni game there and the wings and leafs each get a practice there to get used to playing outdoors

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

My friend's son plays on the Chicago Mission Squirt Major team and they're playing at Comerica Park on Saturday.

eMXEIDC.png

toIYnW8.png

Im baffled that this post lacks a squid, octopus, or tentacle reference.

That's the magic of The Giant Pacific Octopus. He doesn't have to remind you in every post that he's an octopus. IceCap doesn't say he's Jewish in every post. In each respective case, it's just something that comes up when it's germane to the conversation that he, a mere participant among many in this message board community, is having.

FWIW, tGPO is my early favorite to win the Creamy for Poster of the Year in 2014.

Creamy? Was "the Woody" already taken as a name?

It could have been worse. The post could have said, "I'll take you you a Coyotes game." Imagine the laughs on that one...

"I'll show you The Bronx Glendale!!!"

Archived