2013-2014 NHL Uniform & Logo Changes

ksupilot

Since Bauer has no previous experience manufacturing jerseys on a mass level; assuming they win the NHL's jersey rights in 2016, they will probably go back to the old jersey cut. I believe the EDGE jersey cut is copyrighted by Reebok, but most of the jersey designs in the NHL can be adapted to the old cut

bauer-800-series-senior-hockey-jersey-1.

Although I am not so sure Reebok will give up the rights to the NHL so easily. In the last 10 years they have lost the rights to the: NFL, NBA, and MLS.

Granted two of those were just Adidas (parent company of Reebok) wanting to put their logo on the jerseys instead of Reebok's.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Reebok was never the exclusive manufacturer for MLS. Adidas signed MLS' first exclusive contract in 2005.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Also, Adidas owns Reebok, so they've got the NBA and MLS just fine, I think.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I feel like, were the league to sign with Bauer, it would be the equivalent of Russell Athletic in college football.

Uniform suppliers now seem to view league contracts primarily as an opportunity to promote their brands in the least-subtle ways possible. When it comes to who you want supplying uniforms for the NHL, it's a matter of whose bad ideas you'd least hate to see out on the ice.

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

So is there anyone good that can supply the NHL? I mean, with all the dumb :censored: Reebok's pulled and the collective disaster that is Nike's Olympic effort, I don't know.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

bauer never struck me as the "look at me" type. they're about as "hockey" as you can get, now that CCM is owned by reebok.

they're traditional, stand alone, old-time hockey. even their player equipment and goal equipment isn't as "look at me" as the other brands. i always wore their stuff growing up for exactly that reason. they're a no-nonsense company, imo. i think they'd do a really good job.

they've been in the business before too, right? i think they manufactured some IHL/AHL sweaters back in the day, and supplied the predators uniforms at one point too if i'm not mistaken.

bauer never struck me as the "look at me" type. they're about as "hockey" as you can get, now that CCM is owned by reebok.

they're traditional, stand alone, old-time hockey. even their player equipment and goal equipment isn't as "look at me" as the other brands. i always wore their stuff growing up for exactly that reason. they're a no-nonsense company, imo. i think they'd do a really good job.

they've been in the business before too, right? i think they manufactured some IHL/AHL sweaters back in the day, and supplied the predators uniforms at one point too if i'm not mistaken.

isn't bauer owned by nike?

Four posts before yours, buddy.

And to Cole: Yep, Bauer had the whole IHL from around 1993 to 1999, had a few AHL clubs, and had the Perds' inaugural season. Their Ultrafil authentics from back then are comfortable and wonderful, much better than CCM's authentics of the same era, though that material would never make it onto professional ice nowadays. I believe they were owned by Nike that entire era, though.

So is there anyone good that can supply the NHL? I mean, with all the dumb :censored: Reebok's pulled and the collective disaster that is Nike's Olympic effort, I don't know.

WarrioPPPFFFFFTTTTTTTTTT

EDIT/Additional comment: I would think Bauer would be pretty cool to have as a uniform supplier, but I'm not 100% sure they'd have enough resources should Reebok or Nike or (/shudders) Warrior start a bidding war for that contract

oEQ0ySg.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29 // College Crosse: Where I write, chat, and infograph lacrosse

That's correct. They were the Predators' supplier for their inaugural season and then CCM took over in 1999-2000 one year before the league-wide switch to CCM/Koho.

If Bauer can change the crappy uniforms of Colorado,Calgary,Pittsburgh,San Jose, Ottawa, Minnesota's red one and keep the other good designs, then why not ?

Believe it or not, I share this sentiment ;)

To clarify, I think Bauer getting the uniforms would be great just as long as theres the option to translate the existing edge design intact. Boston and Dallas for example should never change again.

Archived