2013-2014 NHL Uniform & Logo Changes

ksupilot

^I hate their number font, too. It's too "fat", and being italicized doesn't help it one bit. I don't think they should be using a standard block font, but something along the lines of what Winnipeg uses (non-Italicized, of course) would work.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I fail to see how Calgary's pre-Edge design couldn't have gone onto the Edge jerseys. It's not like there weren't any non-horizontal stripe designs that carried over to the Edge template.

That was just an excuse to cover for a redesign.

Much like "Uh, it's the 100th anniversary of organized hockey in Alberta, you know, give or take" was an excuse to put those silly flags on the shoulders that they're still wearing six seasons later.

Then why not just put those on an Edge-ified version of their old jerseys? God knows they'd look better than the flaming snot logo.

Because the flags are the worst aspect of those jerseys.

Well, yes, but they're still better than the flaming snot logo.

Anyone else dislike the current number font on the Flames' regular home and away sets? I'd like to see the Flames change to the alternate's number font. Maybe even the NOB as well.

(The #5 as in Giordano's jersey needs some work, though)

They should just change to the alternate template with a matching white and the flaming C instead of the wordmark

The weird combination of side panels and piping to nowhere is worse than the flags, IMO. If the Flames wanted to modernize with the switch to Edge, I don't understand why they couldn't have gone with something along the lines of this template:

hg3h9tgn0gm938ry7fqomx3le.gif

Because that's terrible.

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

The weird combination of side panels and piping to nowhere is worse than the flags, IMO. If the Flames wanted to modernize with the switch to Edge, I don't understand why they couldn't have gone with something along the lines of this template:

hg3h9tgn0gm938ry7fqomx3le.gif

Because that's terrible.

It can't be worst than what Calgary is wearing right now

My issue with the Flames using City isn't so much legibility as it is that they're kind of stepping on the Blackhawks' toes, even though the Hawks don't use it on their uniforms.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

That sleeve striping is pretty much exactly the same as what the Ducks use, so it's kind of their thing. Whether or not it's a good "thing" is debatable, but I don't think they'd want other teams to be using it. The Voltigeurs jersey is too much of a mess anyway and wouldn't work for the Flames.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

NBCSN is using black instead of purple for the Kings scorebug for the first time tonight:

moYEku6.png

For comparison:

M3D1som.png

EDIT: NBCSN also previously zoomed in on the crown part of the logo. Now they center on the LA, so the scorebug reads as LA LA.

8xgiUEK.png

the worst helmets design to me is the Jacksonville jaguars hamlets from 1995 to 2012 because you can't see the logo vary wall

Usually the Leafs have three sets of stripes on the socks, and their jerseys have two stripes.

In the Winter Classic, they have all sorts of stripes on the jersey, and only two sets of stripes on the socks.

Maple Leaf Logic.

Seriously, the brown leather pads are the best part of an otherwise perfect-looking game. I wish the Refs wore vintage sweaters, that's the only thing that could be even slightly better. It's beautiful.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

NHL needs to do more color on color games..Rangers blue vs Flyers Orange, Devils red vs Dallas green jerseys or even LA Kings in black vs. Teal San Jose or yellow Nashville . Road whites can be boring at times be nice to spice it up.

patcopy_zpsd7294359.jpg

2-7-11-14-16-18-SHK III-NRK

Archived