2013-2014 NHL Uniform & Logo Changes

ksupilot

As I'm watching this best dressed game of the year, I wonder if there is there a rule (excluding special event games or 3rd jerseys) that goalies must wear pads that match the colours of their team's jersey? If i were a goalie, I'd be more inclined to wear the classic brown style pads if I were playing for a original 6 team or a team that has a classic style jerseys like Vancouver, Edmonton, Philly or NYI

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As I'm watching this best dressed game of the year, I wonder if there is there a rule (excluding special event games or 3rd jerseys) that goalies must wear pads that match the colours of their team's jersey? If i were a goalie, I'd be more inclined to wear the classic brown style pads if I were playing for a original 6 team or a team that has a classic style jerseys like Vancouver, Edmonton, Philly or NYI

no because goalies would have to get new pads before being able to play with a team when they get traded. I think it's just goalie preference to wear white and team colors because they look new and modern

So have you guys noticed that Zetterberg and Cleary are wearing pants with no stripes on them? I wonder how that even happens since their regular pants have stripes. At the very least, they got shells to wear over their regular pants, or they got new pants with the wheat stripe. I wonder how they got pants with NO stripe at all.

So have you guys noticed that Zetterberg and Cleary are wearing pants with no stripes on them? I wonder how that even happens since their regular pants have stripes. At the very least, they got shells to wear over their regular pants, or they got new pants with the wheat stripe. I wonder how they got pants with NO stripe at all.

Nice catch. I just went back and noticed #14 Gustav Nyquist's pants didn't have the stripes either.

So... Warrior can't make stripes? Is that what we've learned? I also noticed that while the jersey was using vintage white, the socks looked pure white.

Nah, the socks were vintage white too. Maybe a little lighter shade than the jerseys. But nowhere near as white as what the Leafs were wearing.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

The Winter Classic looked absolutely phenomenal. There are two things I learned from the game:

1. Color vs color needs to happen a lot more.

2. The Leafs look awesome in lots of stripes. I personally think that those jerseys should become the new home jerseys. This is probably very unpopular, but I find the Leafs look to be very bland, and the stripes and yoke and the WC jersey make the simple colors look fantastic.

The Winter Classic looked absolutely phenomenal. There are two things I learned from the game:

1. Color vs color needs to happen a lot more.

2. The Leafs look awesome in lots of stripes. I personally think that those jerseys should become the new home jerseys. This is probably very unpopular, but I find the Leafs look to be very bland, and the stripes and yoke and the WC jersey make the simple colors look fantastic.

That needs to at least be the third jersey. Would have been better if they used shoulders that looked more like the original (just stripes) rather than what they had (more like a yoke), but that's a trivial complaint at best.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

Personally I don't love all the stripes the leafs were sporting. Just one set of those stripes on the arms and hem is all that's needed (like the current thirds). But the WC logo is absolutely beautiful. Put that on the current third template and you have one incredible looking sweater.

slide_331629_3285030_free.jpg?1388604229

I still think the Wings dropped the ball by going with vintage white. I just don't like it paired with red, especially when you look at what the Wings alumni wore the day before. To me, it looked really yellow.

The Leafs looked great, though. I wouldn't mind it sticking around as the alternate. The 1967 is OK, but as IceCap says, the WC set is visually different from the current set (much like the 35-point uniform was).

eMXEIDC.png

toIYnW8.png

The Leafs should simply take these WC jerseys, put the '38 leaf on it and go with it in both white and blue versions as their regular set. They'd instantly have the best uniforms in the league.

I don't particularly mind vintage white, but I feel the shade Detroit went with was a bit too aged/beige. Something along the lines of what Ottawa uses on their alts would have been much better. I also noticed that the top stripe on the game jerseys appeared darker than the rest of the striping, which kind of annoyed me, although it's not nearly as evident in the photo above.

The one thing I noticed was the stripes on the socks. The WC socks had six white stripes rather than the usual nine. I guess they felt it was a bit too overboard with the stripes from the jersey and decided to matched the hem stripes.

459977051_std.jpg8059884.jpg

cbe40ver0fdixhaag4regu3k0.gif3109.gifmt0sb106vq1t9wff53rzn98j9.gif

From Sudbury to Peterborough, now in Sherbrooke

2v274et.jpgWonderfully done by Silent Wind of Doom

The one thing I noticed was the stripes on the socks. The WC socks had six white stripes rather than the usual nine. I guess they felt it was a bit too overboard with the stripes from the jersey and decided to matched the hem stripes.

I did not notice that at all, good eye!

I think those socks would be much better with their regular home/away set too.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

I was watching Slap Shot last night and realised that the Syracuse Bulldogs had the very same uniform template than the Flyers,but had a orange stripe on their pants as you can see TimMcCracken.jpg

Am i the only one who thinks that the Flyers should adopt a stripe?

Archived