2013-2014 NHL Uniform & Logo Changes

ksupilot

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On the subject of the Sharks, I hope not, but are they going the route of phasing their teal out, a la the Jacksonville Jaguars? By wearing their black jerseys at home the last two postseasons, it leads me to believe that their teal jerseys' days might be numbered. I seriously hope not because they are "Team Teal" and they always looked great in them, so why get rid of it?

Just my own speculation but I can see them going to a reto alt to replace the black third. That jersey has to be hated by 90% of the fanbase.

On the subject of the Sharks, I hope not, but are they going the route of phasing their teal out, a la the Jacksonville Jaguars? By wearing their black jerseys at home the last two postseasons, it leads me to believe that their teal jerseys' days might be numbered. I seriously hope not because they are "Team Teal" and they always looked great in them, so why get rid of it?

Just my own speculation but I can see them going to a reto alt to replace the black third. That jersey has to be hated by 90% of the fanbase.

I'm part of the fanbase and I don't hate the black thirds. I don't mind it being a third. But that's all it ever needs to be.

Go A's!

I thought they've been wearing the black alts for their playoff runs?

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Just the past two seasons

Hm.

Also what's the general consensus: Is this logo still a "Modern Classic?" Frankly I've always despised it. I'm still in love with the teal/silver/black looks from bygone years.

dmo1xf3z4pph27vmg3gf.gif

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

FWIW, I did a concept that blended the soon-to-be-former set and the late 1990s/2000s "star-patterned" sets (shameless plug alert):

4994005495_ce5dd2c743_b.jpg

I like your concept, just not sure it can be done with the EDGE template. With the EDGE jerseys, everything that is a different colour is a different panel on the jersey.

These concepts generally didn't have the Edge template in mind, but I don't know--Reebok has been somewhat able to use designs not fit for the template. This is probably out there for Reebok. Maybe if Nike can get the contract, however... :P

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

Hm.

Also what's the general consensus: Is this logo still a "Modern Classic?" Frankly I've always despised it. I'm still in love with the teal/silver/black looks from bygone years.

dmo1xf3z4pph27vmg3gf.gif

My friends and I who are Sharks fans don't hate it. But we don't love it. We accept it for what it is. We're glad the taping goes around the stick for once and the fierce look is a lot better than the original. But we still prefer the color scheme of teal, silver and black.

Go A's!

The Kings did that too, then switched them to primaries for the past season.

Hopefully, the only Californian team without a Cup won't copy.

the worst helmets design to me is the Jacksonville jaguars hamlets from 1995 to 2012 because you can't see the logo vary wall

I think the Sharks logo is one of those, like the Arizona Cardinals or the Hornets, where you you don't realize how badly the update was needed till you see the two side-by-side. That said, it's not perfect. I don't care for the burnt orange as a tertiary color other than the stick, and I don't like the concavity in the triangle. I tried to fix these gripes once:

9SYPR.jpg

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

The Sharks going with the Black jerseys full time would be a huge mistake. I for one love the current set, especially the teal jersey. The small amount of orange adds some much needed warmth to the Shark's pallette and helps the striping, numbers and logo pop. The only thing I would change is getting rid of those useless, obtrusive front numbers.

On another note, Cole J... When is your article about the Stars' new look going to be up? Looking forward to it :)

That's a great update admiral.

Anyway I don't think the orange works for the Sharks. San Jose isn't in Southern California, the overly sunny theme doesn't really fit. Especially when the team's named after an animal that lives in the ocean.

More minor Stars rumblings. Mike Heika had a live chat on the Dallas Morning News site today, and said this about the new uniforms:

I know they were all over the map, and had all sorts of color choices, but that they made a late decision to stick with green. I heard they were very interested in ``Eagles'' green for a while, but that this prototype is more ``Celtics'' green. Other than that, I have no idea. I don't know what the new logo looks like, but that will probably make it or break it for a lot of fans.

Archived