2013-2014 NHL Uniform & Logo Changes

ksupilot

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I applaud the idea behind Minnesota Northern Lights, but it's just not working.

Minnesota Voyageurs is the best "not Wild" name I've heard. Everything else has been sub-par. And they could use that and keep the olde tyme Minnesota script and the green/wheat/red colours too. Changing to North Stars colours would be pretty ridiculous, considering the Stars are going that route anyway.

You can't just change a name. I mean, you can, hi there ~*Pelicans*~, but it's stupid and lame and cheapens everything. We have to live with each and every bad decision that's come from the the Stars leaving. We're stuck with Wild, just like we're stuck with a team in Dallas that nobody cares about anymore now that the good times are gone. Life sucks, the NHL sucks, deal with it \o-o/

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Wasn't the actual first Wild logo the one that ended up on the shoulders? If memory serves, the current road crest debuted when the jerseys did. I seem to remember a universal groan when the Wild name was introduced with a roundel/brush script/whatever as a logo. Twice as bad.

So the "bear" crest was more of a save than a home run or double.

Wasn't the actual first Wild logo the one that ended up on the shoulders?

Yes it was... the logo first appeared in 1998, thank god it wasn't the primary. The more I think about it, the "Wild" isn't even that bad of a name, especially compared to what's been suggested to replace it. As I've said before, their original primary logo is the epitome of 'modern classic' and the fact that it will likely be replaced with some lame, uninspired script that'd be better suited to a baseball uniform is proof that logo design is in a state of regression.

Yes it was... the logo first appeared in 1998, thank god it wasn't the primary. The more I think about it, the "Wild" isn't even that bad of a name, especially compared to what's been suggested to replace it. As I've said before, their original primary logo is the epitome of 'modern classic' and the fact that it will likely be replaced with some lame, uninspired script that'd be better suited to a baseball uniform is proof that logo design is in a state of regression.

Wait a minute. Just because it probably won't be on the road jersey doesn't mean it's getting replaced. At least, I don't see it going away.

That logo was probably a holdover (to sell t-shirts) while the real logo was being designed. I had a T-shirt, but the logo was awful and I really felt the whole identity stunk. The wanimal head, as someone else pointed out was a great "save." It's probably going to remain the primary mark, but I wonder whether it will ever be on a jersey again.

FWIW, I don't think they are really playing to "North Stars Nostalgia" as much as they are following every trend they can. And the fact that the fans gobble every single change up does not help.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

That logo was probably a holdover (to sell t-shirts) while the real logo was being designed. I had a T-shirt, but the logo was awful and I really felt the whole identity stunk. The wanimal head, as someone else pointed out was a great "save." It's probably going to remain the primary mark, but I wonder whether it will ever be on a jersey again.

I remember being really excited to see the logos for the four teams - Nashville, Atlanta, Minnesota, and Columbus. Nashville and Atlanta kept what they originally unveiled as their primaries if I recall correctly. Minnesota and Columbus both released odd logos that were relegated to secondaries by the time their teams took the ice. Columbus had the bug logo over the wavy script instead of the interlocking CBJ. But Columbus and Minnesota had more time to tinker with their identities before they had to have everything finalized.

nhl94vansigpng.png

i'm just glad there are still people out there that realize just how brutal the fan support for the north stars was.

I lived through it. I followed the team from 1979 to 1993. I live in Toronto and I was probably more passionate about the team then most "fans" in Minneosta. I still remember my brother. He was at the All-Star game in Montreal in 1993 and got to meet Mike Modano. He told him that his brother (me) was a huge North Stars fan (from Toronto) and Modano told him (and I'll never forget this. We are going on 20 years now). "Wow. There's not too many North Stars fans outside of Minnesota. But then again there is not too many North Stars fans in Minnesota either (laughs)."

True story.

The Catch of the Day!

I'd just wish the Wild would get rid of the Gold and change it to wheat, bring back the original green jersey, and add some red to the alternate they wear now. Use the original font on the home and road, place the block numbers on the alt, and use the "State of Hockey" logo as the shoulder patch, with the roundel moving to the alt shoulders.

sport-scarf_leafs_zps5f769288.png

seahawks_banner.png

Are there any Minnesotans of a certain age who can step up here and explain why they couldn't be bothered to support a hockey team? Who the hell fetishizes a bunch of high school boys playing the game worse than professionals? Goddamn bunch of snow-Texans is what they are.

Wait a minute. Just because it probably won't be on the road jersey doesn't mean it's getting replaced. At least, I don't see it going away.

All signs point to the demise of the logo. First they reduce the logo by putting it in a stupid roundel, then introduce a third jersey with merely just script (which seems to have a lot support), and now the away, the only jersey to prominently have the logo, will be completely revamped and will most likely be a white version of the current third jersey. It's a damn shame.

OttawaSenators.png

Why don't they just get rid of the phantom yokes and make Scenery Bear a shoulder patch? It would just be their latest chapter in aping the Stars.

Why don't they just get rid of the phantom yokes and make Scenery Bear a shoulder patch? It would just be their latest chapter in aping the Stars.

That would be the best way to make the script look work, but I'm not holding my breath. For better or worse the phantom yokes are the one "innovation" from the Edge release that will probably stand the test of time.

Are there any Minnesotans of a certain age who can step up here and explain why they couldn't be bothered to support a hockey team? Who the hell fetishizes a bunch of high school boys playing the game worse than professionals? Goddamn bunch of snow-Texans is what they are.

Minnesota Forest

Minnesota Uninhabited Areas

Minnesota Untamed Animals Living In Their Natural Habitats

Nope, that settles it.

Minnesota Snow-Texans

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

Snow-Texans. Lol Hurry up admiral! Patent that name! A franchise may try to use that!

Archived