2013-2014 NHL Uniform & Logo Changes

ksupilot

I don't know why black works for that Blue Jackets sweater, but it absolutely does. It's the strangest thing. I really like it.

I think BBTV said it a couple of years ago about the Beej's old alts - it's the exception that proves the rule. Navy and black looked good together on a sports uniform exactly once. This was it.

I think it's the relatively thick bright red-and-white piping separating the navy from the black that makes the whole idea work, If that piping's just white or just red, I think the difference between the navy and black becomes harder to spot. And as much as I would have loved to see this design adopted full-time, I can't think of a way to implement the navy, red, and black on a white sweater in a manner that wouldn't come out a mess.

I think you'd have to lose one or the other for the white jersey. Sort of like the Avalanche's black trim diappears on the white, IIRC.

In the Blue Jackets' case, I'd say lose black for the white jersey, but then again I'm not as sold as others that black on the navy jersey is a superior look.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder what jersey the Nucks will churn out next for the outdoor game from their catalogue of shyte. I'd love it if they just went for a classy home version of their rink and stick 40th anniversary jersey.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

I don't know why black works for that Blue Jackets sweater, but it absolutely does. It's the strangest thing. I really like it.

I think BBTV said it a couple of years ago about the Beej's old alts - it's the exception that proves the rule. Navy and black looked good together on a sports uniform exactly once. This was it.

I think it's the relatively thick bright red-and-white piping separating the navy from the black that makes the whole idea work, If that piping's just white or just red, I think the difference between the navy and black becomes harder to spot. And as much as I would have loved to see this design adopted full-time, I can't think of a way to implement the navy, red, and black on a white sweater in a manner that wouldn't come out a mess.

I agree with all this. The black shouldn't have worked on those jerseys, but it did. I also was thinking of how they could have copied it to a white version, but I don't think they could use both black and navy together on white. Part of the reason I like those jerseys more than the current home is that with blue on blue, it creates the phantom yolk situation, like they inserted the wrong color there, where the black at least looked like it was supposed to be that way.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

http://sports.yahoo....23881--nhl.html

If this stadium series comes to fruition there's a good chance some teams will be rolling out throwbacks or fauxbacks. I could see LA wearing Gretzky-era black and silver, and the Ducks possibly wearing an old Mighty Ducks uniform. Hopefully Ottawa will wear a white version of the =O= jerseys.

Noo, no no no! Jan 1st Winter Classic = Awesome. Heritage Classic = Awesome for Canadians. Anything else is gimmicky and we're just beating the dead horse.

disagree. as an islanders fan, exactly how long would i have to wait to see my team in a winter classic? the fact that the isles and rangers (for my money, one of the best rivalries in sports) are going outdoors next year is huge. it gives games that are certainly WC-worthy, but maybe lack a nation-wide appeal (like NYI/NYR) the ability to have an outdoor game without the league straying too far from what the league perceives to be their bread-and-butter, marquee teams for the WC.

personally, i love it. of course i'm curious if the league will do special unis for all these games. it would certainly make sense (and would be a great way to get the isles off their atrocious thirds)

sig2024.png

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/five-outdoor-nhl-games-2014-yankee-dodgers-stadium-003823881--nhl.html

If this stadium series comes to fruition there's a good chance some teams will be rolling out throwbacks or fauxbacks. I could see LA wearing Gretzky-era black and silver, and the Ducks possibly wearing an old Mighty Ducks uniform. Hopefully Ottawa will wear a white version of the =O= jerseys.

I can definitely see the Kings in something from the Gretzky era. It would tie nicely into the 20th anniversary of their first Finals appearance.

Talking of 20th anniversaries, next season happens to be this for the Ducks, and in my eyes a Mighty Ducks throwback would be perfect. But somehow I think of the two teams they'll be the team that does a fauxback with a recolour of the black "Anaheim" third from before the rebrand. I can also see them taking the existing home uniform, making the collar solid gold (or black for the white jersey) and calling it a "2006 throwback" :rolleyes:

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

http://sports.yahoo....23881--nhl.html

Noo, no no no! Jan 1st Winter Classic = Awesome. Heritage Classic = Awesome for Canadians. Anything else is gimmicky and we're just beating the dead horse.

disagree. as an islanders fan, exactly how long would i have to wait to see my team in a winter classic? the fact that the isles and rangers (for my money, one of the best rivalries in sports) are going outdoors next year is huge. it gives games that are certainly WC-worthy, but maybe lack a nation-wide appeal (like NYI/NYR) the ability to have an outdoor game without the league straying too far from what the league perceives to be their bread-and-butter, marquee teams for the WC.

personally, i love it. of course i'm curious if the league will do special unis for all these games. it would certainly make sense (and would be a great way to get the isles off their atrocious thirds)

Or the Isles will wear their atrocious thirds. Would you really put it past them?

On another note...think the Devils go with the white Xmas tree jerseys for once? Not Lou's bag, but for a one off game? The fans will want throwbacks, especially since they weren't done for St. Pattys Day this year.

70389454.png

Isn't it just a giant inflatable dome?

Nevermind- guess they altered it in 2010...I guess it works fine then, lol.

So I'm guessing they're going to be doing six a year? I would guess St. Louis, Washington, Colorado and Minnesota would have to be front runners for the next go around. Maybe San Jose hosting at AT&T. That would be sweet.

sig.png

It's a longshot, but how about a dual 2015 All Star Game announcement and an outdoor CBJ vs DET game at Ohio Stadium? Might be a nice makeup for the city of Columbus for the lockout killing this years allstar game and then having to wait an additional year for the Olympics.

70389454.png

Whatever happened to this logo from the Ottawa All-Star Game package? (excuse the quality, I had to re-render it.)

fpmDpWz.png

Lose the canal, change the Parliament building to Sleeping Beauty's castle, add some palm trees and maybe a surfboard and you've got a logo for the All-Star Game in Anaheim. :D

IbjBaeE.png

You guys realize that BC Place *does* have a retractable roof, right?

Football%20Roof%20Open%201st%20night%20316%20by%20614.jpg

Even with the roof retracted it won't seem like a true outdoor game like the ones in Edmonton or Calgary. Winnipeg would've made a better location for a Heritage Classic. Hopefully once Ottawa finishes the football stadium they'll be able to host one.

My wishlist for next year=

Minnesota vs Dallas at Target Field

St. Louis vs Nashville at Busch Stadium

Colorado vs Phoenix (if they're still around) at Mile High

San Jose vs L.A. at AT&T Park

Washington vs Philadelphia at FedEx Field

Boston vs Carolina (wearing Whalers throwbacks *salivates*) at Fenway, or even Foxboro

After this, every team except Tampa, Florida, Columbus and Winnipeg will have participated.

sig.png

I sure hope that for the heritage classic next year it's Millionaires vs. white sens heritage jersey.

And then the sens make that their home and road.

DON'T TALK TO ME ABOUT HOCKEY

So I'm guessing they're going to be doing six a year? I would guess St. Louis, Washington, Colorado and Minnesota would have to be front runners for the next go around. Maybe San Jose hosting at AT&T. That would be sweet.

Where would they play it in St. Louis? Busch?

Where would they play it in St. Louis? Busch?

Seems like it would be the only logical place

Archived