2013-2014 NHL Uniform & Logo Changes

ksupilot

I'd really like to see the Jets hosting the Nordyotes, but who knows what'll happen. This is the NHL.

Divisional rivals the Nashville Predators

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And put the fin on the shoulders. No need for three similar Sharks on the uniform. Would love to see shoulder / arm stripe style but I doubt that happens.

I agree. As much as I like the full body shark, I really do dig the fin. And not the "SJ" version like on the shoulders of the third jersey. Just the fin itself.

10f6d88.jpg

The fin of a great white poking above the water is just so scary and iconic (thanks to Jaws), and the way its drawn with the water churning around it giving you the impression that the shark is swimming full force towards its prey is pretty damn cool.

This shoulder logo is better than some primary logos. Make the orange background grey. Done.

sig.png

I'm a fan of the Sharks current jerseys, there's a few adjustments I'd make here and there but for the most part I like them. But if they have to change, I'd like to see them going back to their original teal. Going back to the inaugural jerseys with the updated logos would be cool.

I sure hope that for the heritage classic next year it's Millionaires vs. white sens heritage jersey.

And then the sens make that their home and road.

It only makes sense. Though it would make more sense in 2015 since it would be 100 years since the Millionaires vs Sens cup final.

The Kings wore their thirds in the 2010 and 2011 playoffs, and switched to them for the 2011-12 season. The Sharks have done the same for the last two seasons, and the regular teal and matching whites have been heavily discounted, indicating change. I don't know what the Sharks have done promotionally, but the Kings used their thirds in almost all highlights/Jumbotron videos/commercials/website usages. The Ducks seem to be doing the same.

The Sharks wear the black jerseys because the players think they are lighter for some reason.

And put the fin on the shoulders. No need for three similar Sharks on the uniform. Would love to see shoulder / arm stripe style but I doubt that happens.

I agree. As much as I like the full body shark, I really do dig the fin. And not the "SJ" version like on the shoulders of the third jersey. Just the fin itself.

10f6d88.jpg

The fin of a great white poking above the water is just so scary and iconic (thanks to Jaws), and the way its drawn with the water churning around it giving you the impression that the shark is swimming full force towards its prey is pretty damn cool.

Beats me why they don't use this as a shoulder patch in the regular uniforms. Three sharks in one uniform is pretty overkill.

This shoulder logo is better than some primary logos. Make the orange background grey. Done.

Dis i like.

eMXEIDC.png

toIYnW8.png

The orange in the Sharks color scheme makes them look too cartoony for lack of a better word. Replacing orange with grey would make them look more menacing and 'shark-like'. When you think of sharks, you think of grey don't you? I know I do. Mix that with teal and black and it's perfect. I don't know why people think orange works, coz I don't think it does.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

lol no. This would be like making the V head Canucks shoulder logo a primary. Some logo's just aren't suited to the front of a hockey jersey.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

I think the contrast the small amount of orange adds is just right. If the uniforms were covered in orange and teal I think you guys would have a point, but the small amount of orange as trim makes the teal and black 'pop' more, and it seems to feel right for a California team.

So spambots know how to quote really old posts. Fascinating.

With San Jose's orange, it seems like they were trying to invoke the image of sunshine. I guess that's appropriate for a California team, but when you're named after a fish that's always underwater and rarely sees the sun, it's strange to think of it that way. I'm glad they're bringing grey back, and I look forward to seeing the Sharks looking like the Sharks again.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

Since there's no 2015-16 thread. Charles Wang on the Brooklyn-era Islanders: no major changes but a possible Brooklyn-esque third jersey. From Newsday:

"We are the New York Islanders," he said. "Brett is a master marketer. He is very, very good. We've been listening to him. But we're not going to rename the team. The colors are the same. The logo is the same.

"We'll probably do things to recognize our home now in Brooklyn, but nothing is going to dramatically change."

Wang said there might be an alternate third jersey that will reference the borough, but he added, "We're part of Long Island still."

This from Puck Daddy, the thoughts of the other Yormark:

While noting that 70 percent of the Islanders' 5,000 season-ticket holders have said they plan to retain their tickets in some form after the move, Yormark said, “At the same time, we need to introduce the sport and the game to a new fan base here in Brooklyn. How do you connect those dots? I think we're going to have to meet each other somewhere in the middle. The colors black and white are the new badge of honor in Brooklyn. The question is, Can we weave that into their color scheme, and create a connection to the fans here in Brooklyn?"

No. You can't. The Mets finally figured that out. The Islanders don't have to bend over backwards for trust fund babies who think they're living dangerously. How many consecutive Stanley Cups did they win?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

The thought on the Sharks orange...

Originally the "Burnt Orange" was a tan when the Sharks debuted in 1991.

601739_10151423402606032_2002522855_n.jpg

When Nike originally designed the Sharks' third jersey, they replaced a tan (which on the jerseys looked orange already) was made a darkish, University of Texas "Burnt Orange"

531850_10151423406321032_273448902_n.jpg

This pic is of the prototype jersey which was found on EBay. If you notice, the collar was a zipper which was deemed unsafe for the players and eventually replaced with the Y-Collar.

551485_10151423406316032_1382365063_n.jpg

For full disclosure, the prototype had fin marks and no sheen and a single black outline and straight nameplate. All of which were changed by the time they were unveiled.

When Reebok came up with the Edge system, the team was already planning on a logo change. Originally, the Sharks were planning to go with the full body Shark, however, instead of burnt orange, it was a red eye and silver stick. The red eye is homage to the infamous Shark head tunnel it was planning to match. The team changed it's mind with potential gang issues. The orange was lightened (ColorWerx can help me out with this) and the complaint that it was "ok" on the home jersey as it blends in more with the stripes and numbers, but on the white road jersey, it stuck out badly. Many fans didn't understand why it was added on as a tertiary color. Meanwhile grey never left as it was fourth color but only on the shading for the wordmarks.

Many Sharks fans would like the orange to go back as an accent color and shimmering grey to return on the jerseys and the speculation of it all changing began when the Sharks used grey, but the current teal on the patch honoring their original owner, George Gund III.

I'd love a jersey with shoulder arm stripes, but I have a hunch the organization will go more traditional striping, but a return of the shoulder fin would be a big hit in Teal Town. The concern is that the Sharks would do the brutal thing and go with the black jerseys with the players choosing to go with them for the last two postseasons.

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

^Interesting post

As an aside, WTF is up with that template? Is that a hockey jersey or a ballgown?

Aside #2: That script is actually pretty sweet.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Archived