2013-2014 NHL Uniform & Logo Changes

ksupilot

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I feel like someone has to be the voice of reason here.

1. The Sharks had very nice inaugural jerseys, yes. However, the updates to the logo and jersey have been blessings for the team aesthetic, IMHO. You can argue the numbers on the front, etc., but look at the overall jersey. It's really solid. It's traditional while hearkening to the original Shark identity. I love it. The idea that they "ruined" it is garbage. The logo is 100x better. But I guess we can argue all day over that...

2. (More importantly) While I've heard bloggers and fans opine about the return of grey and the banishment of orange (which is fair, I suppose), we've heard nothing even remotely official (if so, can you show me?) pointing to which direction the team is headed. For all we know, the ugly-ass blacks will be the primary, and they'll make a sloppy white version of it. People could be setting themselves up for disappointment.

The black alts are staying alts.

The only hits of dropping the orange is the George Gund patch is devoid of orange and the Sharks website has a lot less orange than it has in the past.

So again, this is really only a hint or a nod. I wouldn't mind it going in this direction, of course. Don't you agree that we're possibly setting ourselves up for disappointment?

So again, this is really only a hint or a nod. I wouldn't mind it going in this direction, of course. Don't you agree that we're possibly setting ourselves up for disappointment?

Of course, It's Reebok

The current set is really nice. Just replace orange with grey, drop the front numbers and you've got a winner

Yup, that's all I'm asking for.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

The current set is really nice. Just replace orange with grey, drop the front numbers and you've got a winner

A quick recolor, and other minor mods:

SanJoseSharks_PropJFV0100a_SCC_SRGB.png

And that is perfect. The orange should be an accent color that helps the entire package pop. The problem with the orange as it's currently used, is that it competes with both the tea/aqua and black.

I'm in the majority and find it horrible, but why is it posted here? Do you feel the Sharks should adopt it? It would look even worse there.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I'm in the majority and find it horrible, but why is it posted here? Do you feel the Sharks should adopt it? It would look even worse there.

He probably had a few tabs open and posted in the wrong thread (Unpopular Opinions?).

Anyways, that Sharks jersey is all they need to go to. However, lose the shoulder patches. I think shoulder yokes and shoulder patches should be mutually exclusive, and it doesn't look good with three full-bodied shark logos on the jersey.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Anyways, that Sharks jersey is all they need to go to. However, lose the shoulder patches. I think shoulder yokes and shoulder patches should be mutually exclusive, and it doesn't look good with three full-bodied shark logos on the jersey.

I was thinking about replacing the current shoulder patches with the fin secondary mark - which was mentioned earlier.

I wish the Sharks would use the fin logo like previously.

I realize it's small in the SJ on the thirds, but it deserves more than that. It's just a cool logo.

2ly2w09.jpg

THIS!!!

Although I like the (slightly) lighter teal they used in 1997-2007, silver does really make this jersey look great and it reflects the Sharks' identity much better than orange...

Put the fin logo on the shoulder, and let me know what It's on sale.

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

I'm fine with the number of games, just dislike the two in the same venue 3 days apart with one of the same teams playing in both games.

You want to have Isles/Rangers at Yankee Stadium, that's fine. The Isles have been asking Bettman for that game for years. They finally got respectable enough for him to listen. But there's no need to shoehorn in the Devils for another game. Not a knock on the Devils, but since their state is hosting the SB, give them their own game to celebrate it.

The SB is technically being played in NJ, so let the Devils host their own game at Rutgers Stadium (52K capacity). Let them host the Flyers, Caps, or Sabres. This would be HUGE in N.J. This way the media market keeps the game, but it's a different, and much larger, venue with different teams taking part.

Considering the Devils/Rangers game is the day that normally would be the NHL All-Star game and the Isles/Rangers is midweek I am going to guess it was the Islanders that got shoehorned in, not the Devils.

What about Tampa? Are they officially going to bring black back or victory stripes into their look in the foreseeable future as I heard?

I don't know the answer to this, but I was at the game last night and it didn't appear that they were trying to clear out any sort of merchandise at the team store. There are only two home games left, so I figured there would be a big sale if there was a modification to the logo in the works. They didn't have any of the "BOLTS" alternates left, or anything with that diagonal wordmark on it, so I wouldn't be surprised if that was gone next year.

I never really noticed until last night, but the Lightning logo is EVERYWHERE in and around the stadium. Even something as simple as adding a drop shadow or an element of black in that logo would require some massive money being spent to replace the current decor/fixtures, etc. I have my doubts that they'd want to pour money into that after the arena renovations this past offseason and the new logo the season before that.

SharksAlternateLogo.gif

>

sfkxfsvkkklusgk94vgo.gif

----------------------

I wonder if they are going to drop this too

san_jose_sharks_alternate_logo_.png

When it was released it was supposed to be some sort of supporter shield or something but you don't see it on much merchandise. If they do drop it, the Sharks pants will have to change a but too.

I'm fine with the number of games, just dislike the two in the same venue 3 days apart with one of the same teams playing in both games.

You want to have Isles/Rangers at Yankee Stadium, that's fine. The Isles have been asking Bettman for that game for years. They finally got respectable enough for him to listen. But there's no need to shoehorn in the Devils for another game. Not a knock on the Devils, but since their state is hosting the SB, give them their own game to celebrate it.

The SB is technically being played in NJ, so let the Devils host their own game at Rutgers Stadium (52K capacity). Let them host the Flyers, Caps, or Sabres. This would be HUGE in N.J. This way the media market keeps the game, but it's a different, and much larger, venue with different teams taking part.

Considering the Devils/Rangers game is the day that normally would be the NHL All-Star game and the Isles/Rangers is midweek I am going to guess it was the Islanders that got shoehorned in, not the Devils.

And 1+1 = potato?

Archived