2013-2014 NHL Uniform & Logo Changes

ksupilot

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sure they'll look like the Iowild's whites.

Play again, Russo says they will not be like Iowa's or Houston's.

So either it'll look like a white version of their red jerseys (Halifax Mooseheads for reference on how that will look) or they're going to wear yet another jersey that matches none of their other jerseys.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I'm fine with the number of games, just dislike the two in the same venue 3 days apart with one of the same teams playing in both games.

You want to have Isles/Rangers at Yankee Stadium, that's fine. The Isles have been asking Bettman for that game for years. They finally got respectable enough for him to listen. But there's no need to shoehorn in the Devils for another game. Not a knock on the Devils, but since their state is hosting the SB, give them their own game to celebrate it.

The SB is technically being played in NJ, so let the Devils host their own game at Rutgers Stadium (52K capacity). Let them host the Flyers, Caps, or Sabres. This would be HUGE in N.J. This way the media market keeps the game, but it's a different, and much larger, venue with different teams taking part.

Considering the Devils/Rangers game is the day that normally would be the NHL All-Star game and the Isles/Rangers is midweek I am going to guess it was the Islanders that got shoehorned in, not the Devils.

And 1+1 = potato?

haha that made me laugh.

bottom line is if bettman gave one team (isles or devils) a game against NYR and not the other, he would make one owner extremely unhappy. so he gave each one.

i agree with BrianLion that the devs against the flyers somewhere in jersey would have been better. now that the isles are relevant again (and should stay that way for the foreseeable future), the rest of the league is about to see that the rangers/isles rivalry is truly one of the best in sports.

sig2024.png

So either it'll look like a white version of their red jerseys (Halifax Mooseheads for reference on how that will look) or they're going to wear yet another jersey that matches none of their other jerseys.

You know dispite the stupid nickname (its been 13 years and I STILL can't get over how dumb that name really is) they do have one of the coolest logos in sports. What do they do? They take that great logo and overshadow it with a stupid ring/wordmark.on those red jerseys. :rolleyes:

But, at least the white ones had the big logo on the front without any wordmark or ring to ruin it.

Now why do I get the feeling that they are going to do the whole ringed/wordmark variation of that cool logo on the whites next year? Why do I have this sense of dread.

It makes perfect sense right. Take the only cool thing about any of your jerseys and ruin it.

The Catch of the Day!

You know dispite the stupid nickname (its been 13 years and I STILL can't get over how dumb that name really is) they do have one of the coolest logos in sports. What do they do? They take that great logo and overshadow it with a stupid ring/wordmark.on those red jerseys. :rolleyes:

But, at least the white ones had the big logo on the front without any wordmark or ring to ruin it.

Now why do I get the feeling that they are going to do the whole ringed/wordmark variation of that cool logo on the whites next year? Why do I have this sense of dread.

It makes perfect sense right. Take the only cool thing about any of your jerseys and ruin it.

I get the feeling they're moving more in the direction of the script logo anyways.

I was surprised that many people up here both don't get, nor like the Wild's logo. At all. I think its somewhat conceptual, which most people don't really like. Everyone says the tired "What is it?" Apparently the ambiguity of the animal at hand is really troubling for Hockey fans in the "State of Hockey."

I bring up that silly self-proclaimed moniker because I just went through the awful, tired takes from about 25 pages ago insinuating that the North Stars, and MN deserved the fate they had. I was a diehard fan, and the Met Center was a fabulous place to watch hockey. Stubborn people can try to manipulate one or two stats to try to prove a point, but many teams that are thriving today had the lowest attendance in the league. Should Pittsburgh or Detroit have had their team move away overnight? Of course not. Its the same blowhards that I never engage that overextend themselves on these arguements, but I just had to point out how uninformed and pointless those ramblings were. if you didn't live here through it, you have a much different and skewed perspective. /rant

Islanders are considering a change via studies from a focus group.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/business/so_like_isles_start_lookin_like_CXMENQtTB5PWxOamOgIYLO

Wang said recently that while he was turning over the business operations to Barclays Center, nothing much will change.

“We’re not going to rename the team,” he said at a recent conference. “The colors are the same. The logo is the same.”

However, Barclays Center CEO Brett Yormark is leaning toward a recommendation that the team, which has the worst attendance in the National Hockey League, undergo a complete rebranding, the source said.

Yormark is encouraged by his efforts at rebranding of the Nets upon landing in Brooklyn from Newark.

Rumors include eliminating orange to focus more on blue & white.

baltimoreravens.png

However, Barclays Center CEO Brett Yormark is leaning toward a recommendation that the team, which has the worst attendance in the National Hockey League, undergo a complete rebranding, the source said.

yw5h9aU.gif

k4G4i0k.gif

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

http://www.nypost.co...TB5PWxOamOgIYLO

Wang said recently that while he was turning over the business operations to Barclays Center, nothing much will change.

“We’re not going to rename the team,” he said at a recent conference. “The colors are the same. The logo is the same.”

Yormark is encouraged by his efforts at rebranding of the Nets upon landing in Brooklyn from Newark.

this guy is a complete tard , islander fans have blown up his twitter account showing their anger with the idea of anything involving a name, logo, or color change to the primaries. we isles fans know them as blue, orange, and white. there is absolutley no need to dilute the isles into the lightning and leafs, NONE. Im tired of brooklyn thinking theyre the :censored:, if they change anything about htis team, its like giving the finger to the existing fans from long island. the more that is released, the more it sounds like brooklyn nets/ barclays is trying to take over the team and forget about their history and where the fans are from. they shold have been rewarded a expansion team, dont treat the isles with 40 years hisotry and one of the greatest cup runs in history, and some of the best fans in the game who endured absoulte garbage on and off the ice for 20+ years, like theyre an expansion team.

on the other hand, they can do what ever they want to the thirds, the current black ones are a disaster

Mets, Jets, Islanders

yw5h9aU.gif

k4G4i0k.gif

hahaha

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

http://www.nypost.co...TB5PWxOamOgIYLO

this guy is a complete tard , islander fans have blown up his twitter account showing their anger with the idea of anything involving a name, logo, or color change to the primaries. we isles fans know them as blue, orange, and white. there is absolutley no need to dilute the isles into the lightning and leafs, NONE. Im tired of brooklyn thinking theyre the :censored:, if they change anything about htis team, its like giving the finger to the existing fans from long island. the more that is released, the more it sounds like brooklyn nets/ barclays is trying to take over the team and forget about their history and where the fans are from. they shold have been rewarded a expansion team, dont treat the isles with 40 years hisotry and one of the greatest cup runs in history, and some of the best fans in the game who endured absoulte garbage on and off the ice for 20+ years, like theyre an expansion team.

on the other hand, they can do what ever they want to the thirds, the current black ones are a disaster

Exactly. Don't touch the home and away. If they want to go all Brooklyn Nets and do something "new" just do it with the third. Fair compromise for the Brooklyn fans and the LI fans would be to keep everything the same, and then do some Brooklyn related third.

70389454.png

Has Yormark lost his mind? It took the team 18 years to get the uniforms right after the Fisherman and now he wants to scrap them so we can have a third blue and white team? The Nets rebrand was one of the most uninspired, half assed efforts in the history of sports branding. The Islanders do something similar and it will be the Fishsticks debacle all over again...

Archived