2013-2014 NHL Uniform & Logo Changes

ksupilot

Has Yormark lost his mind? It toke the team 18 years to get the uniforms right after the Fisherman and now he wants to scrap them so we can have a third blue and white team? The Nets rebrand was one of the most uninspired, half assed efforts in the history of sports branding. The Islanders do something similar and it will be the Fishsticks debacle all over again...

It only took 2 years to completely nerf the fisherman look. The last jersey change got nerfed fairly quickly and it was a mild change compared to the fishermen. It's best they not try and mess with the Islanders look. Fans will get it zeroed out fairly quickly.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As an Islanders fan, I honestly wouldn't be totally opposed to a total rebrand. There could be some cool possibilities, but my fear would it could be so bad like alot of recent pro sports teams just :censored:ting the bed, like the Bolts.

I would be completely opposed to eliminating the orange. Yeah, we need more blue and white teams. Because having the Leafs and Lightning games look like a scrimmage isn't bad enough, lets add a third team that lacks a third or even fourth color.

No thanks, I love the orange.

2ly2w09.jpg

I don't pretend to know anything about hockey outside of the Capitals, but I think a black and white rebrand for the "Brooklyn Whatevers" would be fantastic decision.

We don't need anymore black and white (and other accent colour) teams in the NHL. The Isles own attempt to force it in with their third jersey was Godawful, needless to say having them go totally Brooklyn Nets on us would just be crapping all over the franchise's history.

Sure the Fisherman jerseys were bad, but at least they were still blue and orange.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

I would be all for some adjustments (there have been some great concepts on here where the island is shifted to include Brooklyn and for the I to still point to their arena), and maybe some small changes to the uniforms with a completely new third that celebrates the move. Nothing more really needs done here, let's be honest. Historical look that has plenty of wins behind it and is instantly recognizable. There's no need to change. It's certainly not going to put butts in seats, only a good team will do that at this point.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

I don't pretend to know anything about hockey outside of the Capitals, but I think a black and white rebrand for the "Brooklyn Whatevers" would be fantastic decision.

Well then you excused yourself from the conversation before you put a period at the end of your sentence. Move along.

I think the obvious burr in the saddle here is that the Nets don't want Knicks colors in their building.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

The crest can use some slight updates. Include Brooklyn and Queens in Long Island, as seriously everyone on the internet has proposed and mocked up. I'd like them to flip white and orange on the blue uniform's striping, as it throws back to the inaugural sweaters and not the dynasty's design. Pretty fatal error for a team whose brand is so much defined by having won those championships. But no, there are no color changes necessary. Royal blue and orange are perfectly acceptable colors for a New York team. No "stark" black and white, no clumsy overtures to the mean-muggin' trust fund babies, forget it. Just be the Islanders.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I like the fact that all the matchups in the first round will be between teams with different primary colors.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

Source told me that Ducks will wear green Ducks sweaters from first film and Goldberg will drop the puck. Also confirmed Sharks will have alt teal/silver sweaters and Blackhawks should go back to 40s uniform with barber pole stripes, or some derivative of an arrowhead logo.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Weird totally inconsequential thing I noticed while watching the CBJ-NSH highlights - Daniel Bang of the Predators had the old Reebox on the back of his sweater instead of the Reebok wordmark. Those pop up every so often so it's not a huge deal, but the curious thing is that the Predators switched to those jerseys the season Reebok switched to using the wordmark, so it's not theoretically like it's an old jersey that snuck onto the ice or anything.

330zl3b.png

Archived