2013-2014 NHL Uniform & Logo Changes

ksupilot

Those look good.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Me no likey Sharks' thirds. It would be ok with more teal. Widen the arm stripes and put a hem stripe.

They will probably get rid of teal altogether down the road a la the Marlins. Then they will bring it back after a lot of backlash.

They have a new owner,he seems to "understand" sports and making fans happy.. hopefully he makes some changes. The Sharks marketing/PR department is pretty terrible and could use some new blood.

one of the many pro sports teams that got it right the 1st time with the teal/black/silver and classic stripes...there was no need to ever mess with a modern classic.

I'm hopeful that the "strong negative reaction" will be enough to persuade the players to go back to their regular teal in the playoffs next year. Probably wishful thinking but anyways. It's them, not the coaching staff or PR department, that decide what to wear in the postseason.

Those look good.

... Nope. I think they look stupid.

They could be a lot worse, I guess.

the worst helmets design to me is the Jacksonville jaguars hamlets from 1995 to 2012 because you can't see the logo vary wall

Contrary to previous assumption, the Ducks are NOT wearing their thirds. Interesting because they've worn them at every turn and every high profile event.

Giving them a send off perhaps? Or just plain players decision maybe.

But the amount of fake Wings jerseys their fans are wearing is kind of disgusting. Have some pride guys.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Black Armor (the nickname to the sponsored Sharks third jersey) hasn't been viewed popular due to the plainness when seen on tv (where it barely looks like any teal is in there) and the lack of uniqueness of a black jersey in the Pacific Divison (Kings, Stars, Ducks primary; Sharks, Coyotes thirds)

Meanwhile, the similarity of the jersey striping for the playoff home jerseys are very noticeable:

San-Jose-Sharks-Reebok-Premier-Replica-Alternate-NHL-Hockey-Jersey-N6929_XL.jpg

I like these better for the Sharks. The unnecessary orange is gone, and the full-body shark has grown on me. I like it better than the random shapes that some teams put behind their logos. While a teal version would be preferred, these jerseys look like the Sharks to me more than their other two, which have become a bit cluttered. Are there no front numbers on the 3rds, either? Or is that just the pic? That would be a big plus, too.

A teal yoke would go a long way towards improving that jersey.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

A teal yoke would go a long way towards improving that jersey.

The Sharks 3rds are like the first Leafs Edge uniforms, only with shoulder patches. Blech. Teal yokes or hem stripes would improve the look.

The full-bodied shark is a nice logo, though.

eMXEIDC.png

toIYnW8.png

Where's the Dallas Stars one :P

Prizes to the people who find the Stars and Wild hats!

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Black Armor (the nickname to the sponsored Sharks third jersey) hasn't been viewed popular due to the plainness when seen on tv (where it barely looks like any teal is in there) and the lack of uniqueness of a black jersey in the Pacific Divison (Kings, Stars, Ducks primary; Sharks, Coyotes thirds)

Meanwhile, the similarity of the jersey striping for the playoff home jerseys are very noticeable:

San-Jose-Sharks-Reebok-Premier-Replica-Alternate-NHL-Hockey-Jersey-N6929_XL.jpg

Wait, what? Its sponsored?

I was Tweeted this Mike Heika regarding the new Dallas Stars logo.

Mike Heika@MikeHeika 2h

@sportslogosnet @StCharger @kbrynsvold Yes, definitely a new logo too. That might be the most controversial aspect of this. #FireUpChips

Here is a follow Tweet from when I asked if the new logo is a tweak or a new logo all together:

Mike Heika@MikeHeika 7h

@StCharger @sportslogosnet @kbrynsvold I have not seen it. Very hush-hush. I believe it is something completely new.

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

NO

http://blogs.thescore.com/nhl/2013/04/30/no/

I really hope the Islanders come to their senses and keep the Home and Away as is. Can the current third and go with some type of Black and White Brooklyn third. I think most people would be ok with that. And if it would bring about the death of the current third, it is a good thing for hockey.

70389454.png

Wouldn't you rather give almost anything to just see the new logo?

Those hats on first reaction look a bit lame. Kind of like something you would see in a cheap discount bin at some sports store after none of those styles sold well.

As for San Jose's black...I've never hated it. As far as simple jerseys go in the NHL this is one of my favourties. However it does look a bit flat when you see it in action on the ice.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

I was Tweeted this Mike Heika regarding the new Dallas Stars logo.

Mike Heika@MikeHeika 2h

@sportslogosnet @StCharger @kbrynsvold Yes, definitely a new logo too. That might be the most controversial aspect of this. #FireUpChips

Here is a follow Tweet from when I asked if the new logo is a tweak or a new logo all together:

Mike Heika@MikeHeika 7h

@StCharger @sportslogosnet @kbrynsvold I have not seen it. Very hush-hush. I believe it is something completely new.

I thought the Italic Star was sticking around with a superimposed "D"... This is very worrysome. Hopefully it leaks sometime this month

Archived