2013-2014 NHL Uniform & Logo Changes

ksupilot

NO

http://blogs.thescor.../2013/04/30/no/

I really hope the Islanders come to their senses and keep the Home and Away as is. Can the current third and go with some type of Black and White Brooklyn third. I think most people would be ok with that. And if it would bring about the death of the current third, it is a good thing for hockey.

as an islanders fan, and reading the responces from the initial group questions and the fans reactions on the official message boards at islandermania, there is an overwhelming hatred towards the idea of rebranding anything about this team except changing our crappy thirds. we dont want brooklyn in the name, we dont want the colors changed, we dont want the logo changed, and we dont want the primary unis changed. if they change anything along those lines, they will alienate a HUGE portion of its fan base from long island. the team might as be an expansion draft team at that point because the isles would be dead. really am getting sick of this brooklyn is hip, gangsta, and the center of the universe mentality. we are not moving to brooklyn for a rebirth like the nets did, we are moving to brooklyn because we were about to be homeless and needed a place to call home. we have an identity, we have hisotry, we have tradition, and we have fans. were not the :censored:ty nets with no history or fan base whatsoever.

if i remember correctly, some of the questions the focused grouped asked fans for the reaction included:

-changing the name to "Islanders Hockey" from "New York Islanders" ...yea, no location.

-changing the colors ( removing oranage and focusing on blue/ white. navy/ white, black/ white.. and any of those combos)

-changing the logo.

-having a celebrity owner?

99.9% of the fans hated anythign involving rebrand and name changes and things along those lines.

half of the fans were interested in the clebrity owner because charles wang, though did prevent the islanders from moving, has not put a dime into this team in years. fans consider wang one of the worst owners ever and want a new one when the move or they feel nothing will change.

Mets, Jets, Islanders

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope they use a bit of sense and don't rebrand a team that has history with a solid, identifiable and beautiful identity. It would be a very big mistake. 3rd jersey, fine. Go for it. But don't change the main look of this team. I can't tell you how disappointed I would be if they did, and I'm far from being a fan of NYI. Not that it matters.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

Am I the only one who likes the new draft hats?

And to the Isles fans here, speaking as a Ducks fan who is still bitter about the 2006 rebrand I can sympathise with you. But hey, you guys have a history of being vocal about horrific rebrands like the Fisherman, it's because of you that the Isles reverted back to the classic logo. I'd like to think that if the new look really sucks, you will cry and they will listen. And I wish certain other teams fanbases would be willing to speak up like that too.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

NO

http://blogs.thescor.../2013/04/30/no/

I really hope the Islanders come to their senses and keep the Home and Away as is. Can the current third and go with some type of Black and White Brooklyn third. I think most people would be ok with that. And if it would bring about the death of the current third, it is a good thing for hockey.

as an islanders fan, and reading the responces from the initial group questions and the fans reactions on the official message boards at islandermania, there is an overwhelming hatred towards the idea of rebranding anything about this team except changing our crappy thirds. we dont want brooklyn in the name, we dont want the colors changed, we dont want the logo changed, and we dont want the primary unis changed. if they change anything along those lines, they will alienate a HUGE portion of its fan base from long island. the team might as be an expansion draft team at that point because the isles would be dead. really am getting sick of this brooklyn is hip, gangsta, and the center of the universe mentality. we are not moving to brooklyn for a rebirth like the nets did, we are moving to brooklyn because we were about to be homeless and needed a place to call home. we have an identity, we have hisotry, we have tradition, and we have fans. were not the :censored:ty nets with no history or fan base whatsoever.

It sounds like the people making the call for change don't understand / care if the Islanders have a history. Anything that wasn't done in the last 5 years is irrelevant to them. To them the Isles situation is no different than the Nets. When the Nets were moving / rebranding, the NJ fanbase (they did exist) said all of this was going to alienate the existing fanbase, etc. That has not seemed to have happened, and probably gives them hope the Islanders move will go the same way.

70389454.png

Add hem stripes, a teal collar, get rid of the laces, and get rid of the front numbers. Then, it's a fine alternate jersey.

Those new draft caps suck. Better than last year's "Who needs full logos" garbage, but still pretty weak. My personal favourites were the 2011 caps (what does that picture have in common with the one we're about to see in three months?).

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

It seems to me that Wang is against any major rebrand for the Islanders but the Barcalys Center/Nets folks are trying to get him to change his mind. Hopefully Wang will be as adamant about keeping the orange and blue as he was about keeping Mike Milbury around.

It has its problems but I conveniently forget about them every time I see them on the ice. The piping is unnecessary, I'm not sure how I feel about the phantom yoke, and I would prefer a hemstripe over the side panels.

That said the Ducks third is easily my favourite of the current bunch. The colour scheme is used much more effectively and I prefer the logos used here, especially the shoulder patch. Overall it's more interesting to look at and stands out a lot more than the soulless minimalism of the regular home jersey.

mTBXgML.png

The third sucks, but less so than the primaries.

Is there a minor league team that uses a white version of them?

the worst helmets design to me is the Jacksonville jaguars hamlets from 1995 to 2012 because you can't see the logo vary wall

There isn't as far as I know. I've seen plenty of white recolours for concepts but none of them looked very good at all. Though that's more to do with how they handle the stripes between the piping and the sleeve dips.

I'd like the Ducks to promote the third to primary, but if a white version is going to appear I'd rather they made a whole new uniform set that's loosely based on the third.

mTBXgML.png

I'm happy that they're not promoting the third, and I'm holding out hope that they have a new home/away set in the next few years. Use the webbed D, use a good amount of orange, and have some piping that is a touch more "traditional".

The Flames' thirds are just too much. Once in a while is okay, but sheesh...let's just back off a bit hey. I couldn't imagine being a Calgary fan and having to watch my team in those bright almost fluorescent jerseys every second day.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

The third sucks, but less so than the primaries.

Is there a minor league team that uses a white version of them?

I believe the San Francisco Bulls do.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

i hope the flames don't ditch their alternates.

Those jerseys should have stayed in the 80s, along with Pac-Man, Cyndi Lauper's "Girls just want to have fun" and Betamax VCR's.

The Flames' thirds are just too much. Once in a while is okay, but sheesh...let's just back off a bit hey. I couldn't imagine being a Calgary fan and having to watch my team in those bright almost fluorescent jerseys every second day.

I couldn't disagree more. If I were a Calgary fan, I would bleed those uniforms. I don't see how much different they are compared to Detroit's red uniforms, with the exception of the athletic gold trimming. Colour and simplicity needs to be brought back to the NHL. Enough of this copying Chicago's red and black.

By the way, the 80s were a great decade in so many ways...sports uniforms(excluding the Flying V design), television(ie. Dallas, Cosby Show, Family Ties), music(ie. Foreigner, Simple Minds, Bon Jovi), AIDS awareness, women's thick hair, Ronald Reagan, and yes, Pac-Man, a game I can still play for hours!

I couldn't disagree more. If I were a Calgary fan, I would bleed those uniforms. I don't see how much different they are compared to Detroit's red uniforms, with the exception of the athletic gold trimming.

The red and white colour scheme of Detroit is easier on the eyes. Calgary's combination of red, white and yellow is quite garish. As much as some folks hate black being added to teams colour palettes for the sake of it, I think the Flames are a team that needs it.

mTBXgML.png

Archived