2013-2014 NHL Uniform & Logo Changes

ksupilot

So I guess those rumors of the Blackhawks bringing back the black alternate weren't true.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Buffalo Sabres - Not a throwback, but imo it will be the classic logo onto a modernized royal blue jersey. Also, a possible future home jersey...

Calgary Flames - Either the white counterpart of the retro red, or a lame black jersey with a red C or something.

Carolina Hurricanes - This one scares me. I hope the changes are just minor because I love the uniqueness of their current uniforms.

Dallas Stars - Hopefully, the new logo/colors are similar to the current look. Nothing too drastic will be fine.

Minnesota Wild - Road version of current alt? I think so too.

Montreal Canadiens - This one scares me too. :P Probably just a changing the collar, but I hope they don't go with laces full time.

Pittsburgh Penguins - Hoping for the black cup jerseys, but I think Mario will go with this navy one: http://nhluniforms.com/Penguins/Penguins09.html

San Jose Sharks - Interesting....could be something minor like removing the front numbers (which would be fantastic), or could be a complete revamp with older colors...

Montreal Canadiens - New home and away. Surprising but it'll probably be minor according to the blog

Well IF it's something minor for the Habs, perhaps something minor like this?

Canadiens39.png

Slight change to the tie up collar and possible a font change as well.

The font change makes the most sense. The Habs added white spacing to the numbers on their whites after they left the Forum for the Bell Centre. Even their reds are darker than what they were for so many years. Never, ever mess with an iconic uniform. Hopefully, the upcoming changes will hopefully be "corrections".

Which brings up an annoying bit of inconsistency with sports teams in general; some celebrate anniversary seasons, and some celebrate anniversary years.

For instance, the Bucs celebrated 30 seasons in Tampa in 2005 (as a team that began play in 1976). Conversely, the Lightning are celebrating 20 years in Tampa this year (as a team formed in 1991-92). It's not the best example, thanks to the lockout, but it does immediately come to mind.

Also, while the Mariners and Blue Jays were established in the same year, Toronto celebrated its 30th in '06, while Seattle celebrated its 35th last year.

Also, VancouverFan69: Give it up already.

BigBubba, what are you talking about? If it's about my favouring "Lone Stars" over just "Stars", then I'm entitled to my opinion, okay?? Thank you.

The Canadiens' "minor" change that comes to my mind would be a return to straight sleeve stripes on the red jerseys. Currently, they have those wonky, bulging stripes that follow the old Edge template, and most other teams have successfully rid themselves of those.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

It would tie together a previously-haphazard set and make the team primarily green and white. Just make the red jersey the third like back in the pre-Edge days and the look would be drastically improved in my opinion. Green and white is a simple yet unique color scheme. Just look at how well Houston pulls it off:

starsweb.jpg

If executed correctly, the Wild's 2013-14 set could become a modern classic.

Montreal Canadiens - New home and away. Surprising but it'll probably be minor according to the blog

Well IF it's something minor for the Habs, perhaps something minor like this?

Canadiens39.png

Slight change to the tie up collar and possible a font change as well.

The font change makes the most sense. The Habs added white spacing to the numbers on their whites after they left the Forum for the Bell Centre. Even their reds are darker than what they were for so many years. Never, ever mess with an iconic uniform. Hopefully, the upcoming changes will hopefully be "corrections".

I don't have a problem with the white space on the roads, but I wish that they would go back to a thinner number on the reds. Those thick numbers just look bad on the bleu, blanc, et rouge.

It would tie together a previously-haphazard set and make the team primarily green and white. Just make the red jersey the third like back in the pre-Edge days and the look would be drastically improved in my opinion. Green and white is a simple yet unique color scheme. Just look at how well Houston pulls it off:

starsweb.jpg

Anything to minimize the Christmas look, love that Aeros' white.

starsweb.jpg

That Aeros jersey is a thing of beauty. I hope that's the starting point for the Wild and they keep it that simple.

70389454.png

starsweb.jpg

That Aeros jersey is a thing of beauty. I hope that's the starting point for the Wild and they keep it that simple.

If this happens, it wouldn't be the first time that the NHL adopts an an AHL jersey template. I believe the year before the Islanders changed their jerseys to the current look, the Bridgeport Soundtigers were using that template.

Maybe we are going to see the Canes move the flag logo to the chest of the home and roads. I would rather make the black jersey the home if they go that route though.

If the changes are minimal please get rid of the shoulder piping. It was unnecessary and gave the jerseys a wierd look.

I've said it before, but I would love for the only teams that have laces in the league to be the Original Six, almost as a distinguishing mark.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

I've said it before, but I would love for the only teams that have laces in the league to be the Original Six, almost as a distinguishing mark.

I'd also like to see some restrictions on this. I'd say anyone who joined the league after 72 (Seeing as the Isles featured them on their original set), shouldn't be allowed to wear a tie up collar. That'd leave us with the Original Six, Flyers, Penguins, Blues, Kings, Sabres, Canucks and Islanders as being the only clubs allowed to wear tie-ups. Seeing as the Flyers and Canucks never have (minus the Winter Classic for the Flyers) that already eliminates two clubs. Leaves us with 11 of 30 teams enabled to wear the tie-up collar.

A winter clasic uniforms would be the only exception to the rule.

untitled-6.jpg

Archived