2013-2014 NHL Uniform & Logo Changes

ksupilot

No. No roundel!

Yeah, that set's an improvement, but it still has some issues, with the roundel being one of them. Use the alternate jersey font on the primaries, and for the love of all things good, use straight hem stripes. As for the alternate jersey...I've never liked the idea of a green jersey for the Canucks, and Johnny should never see the front of a jersey (I'm OK with the "V"/head logo as a shoulder patch, but it should never be a crest and the full-bodied logo should never be on a jersey, period).

WRONG!!! The hem stripes should ALWAYS follow the contour of the hem. When they are straight and the hem is scalloped it looks terrible. When both are scalloped there appears to be straight in action on the players.

Oh, I agree that it looks terrible. But IMO it's the lesser of the two evils.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Use the alternate jersey font on the primaries

I don't mind the current Canucks font, and I think teams should use their own unique font. I don't like the idea that every team needs to use full block numbers. That said I wouldn't have a problem with it either.

As for the alternate jersey...I've never liked the idea of a green jersey for the Canucks

Why not? It looks good, green is an integral part of their identity, and is a colour sorely lacking in the NHL.

and Johnny should never see the front of a jersey (I'm OK with the "V"/head logo as a shoulder patch, but it should never be a crest and the full-bodied logo should never be on a jersey, period).

While the current Johnny Canuck logos aren't executed that well, I don't have any issue with Johnny Canuck being the primary. The skating one is too detailed and doesn't blend well colour-wise, the roundel solves that. The only reason roundels are hated so much is because current design trends over use them.

As for the V-Johnny, as I've said before, if they integrated it into being the collar of his shirt, while still keeping the 'V' shape, it would be a phenomenal logo. I'd do a concept to explain what I mean, but I have terrible artistic skills and no experience using design programs.

I think as far as a Canucks rebrand goes, Justin Cox's redesign takes the cake.

CanucksCollab-JustinCoxColinMay.jpg

That set is absolutely perfect. Logos, colours, striping, everything. Only thing that might warrant a tweak is inverting the colours on the home logo.

(I obviously did not make this, and am not taking credit for it just to make it perfectly, explicitly clear.)

I agree for the most part. I prefer keeping the Stick 'n Rink the same on both jerseys. Some logos aren't meant to be inverted and the Stick 'n Rink is part of that group.

Like the third green jersey, traditional block font should also be on the blues and whites with green accents. A franchise that is more than 40 years old should have no other font.

While I'm a huge advocate of the full-body Johnny Canuck being the primary crest, I still love the simplicity and elegance of the Stick 'n Rink logo.

Overall, a beautiful Canucks concept by Justin.

There's just too much going on for the full body Johnny Canuck logo to be on the chest. I don't hate it by any stretch, but I'd be against using it as the primary logo. Stick and rink is simple and classy. Who cares if people think it's boring? It has meaning and history and they should just embrace it. Have a secondary logo that connects more with modern fans. Hell, they have about 20 of them on the go right now.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

No. No roundel!

Yeah, that set's an improvement, but it still has some issues, with the roundel being one of them. Use the alternate jersey font on the primaries, and for the love of all things good, use straight hem stripes. As for the alternate jersey...I've never liked the idea of a green jersey for the Canucks, and Johnny should never see the front of a jersey (I'm OK with the "V"/head logo as a shoulder patch, but it should never be a crest and the full-bodied logo should never be on a jersey, period).

WRONG!!!

Maybe. The solution, however, to to straighten out the hem again.

Use the alternate jersey font on the primaries

I don't mind the current Canucks font, and I think teams should use their own unique font. I don't like the idea that every team needs to use full block numbers. That said I wouldn't have a problem with it either.

I usually like creative and custom fonts, but when you have an old-school team going with an old-school look, block numbers are appropriate. I don't really mind their current font, but it is overused (so it's not really "unique") and I feel block numbers would work better.

As for the alternate jersey...I've never liked the idea of a green jersey for the Canucks

Why not? It looks good, green is an integral part of their identity, and is a colour sorely lacking in the NHL.

I don't know. I love green and I wish there was more if it in the NHL. Maybe it's because I haven't seen any concepts I like, but I've never really thought a green jersey would work for them, the same way I don't like the idea of orange jerseys for the Oilers and Islanders. I'm not vehemently against it, but until I see a green jersey I like, I'll remain opposed to it.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

I'm all for the Canucks adopting that set. Though I don't think I can get behind seeing them in a green jersey. The one time I've seen that colour scheme used in real life it looked and felt very rec-league.

5d4a5694.jpg

Um...are we forgetting how good green and blue used to look?

P200701S.jpg

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

I'm all for the Canucks adopting that set. Though I don't think I can get behind seeing them in a green jersey. The one time I've seen that colour scheme used in real life it looked and felt very rec-league.

5d4a5694.jpg

That's a much softer green, then the Canucks use. Not to mention the design and stripping are awful, and the black helmets and gloves don't exactly help.

I'm sorry but Vancouver's hockey stick logo sucks. I don't think even Jenna Jameson sucked that hard back in her glory years.

Nah.

So would thread be considered Canuckjacked or Vanjacked? :)

I think Vanjacked sounds better.

Back to the Stars though, I'm not getting my hopes up. I'll be pleasantly surprised if its good, but I think its going to end up looking very fauxback/yzermanized.

Now, in its honor, I'm gonna go get liquored-up.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

After reading through and seeing who is going to end up getting new jerseys, hands down I'm all in for Dallas. These current jerseys suck. No offense to the fans but I can't see myself forking over $150+ on a jersey that just says Dallas in huge letters. Not appealing at all.

After reading through and seeing who is going to end up getting new jerseys, hands down I'm all in for Dallas. These current jerseys suck. No offense to the fans but I can't see myself forking over $150+ on a jersey that just says Dallas in huge letters. Not appealing at all.

stars fans agree...

that's why they're getting new kelly green sweaters in a couple weeks :) no offense taken.

Archived