The 2013 NHL Season Thread

charger77

So...the curse of Bouwmeester is going to last another year isn't it. THIS IS AWESOME! THE BLUES ARE GOING TO MISS THE PLAYOFFS AND WON'T HAVE THE MONEY TO OFFER ANY OF THEIR UFA'S AFTER THE SEASON!

I just want to know when and why the Rams' pet binbougami decided to take up residence in the Blues front office.

/At least we'll always have that division champion banner.

//Assuming it isn't hocked for the money to buy a third-line winger.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ducks follow a 4-game losing streak by going 3-0-1 in the next four. Just a blip. All quiet on the Western front.

Getzlaf tweaked his knee a little in the game. Left for a little while, came back, scored to make it 4-1, and went back to the locker room again after that. He didn't skate in the 3 stars either. Gotta hope it's just a precaution. He looked fine when he came back, so gotta think it's just minor.

And if the Ducks didn't eliminate Dallas today, they'll probably eliminate them Friday. Goodbye, Stars.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

*pinches bridge of nose* *laboured sigh*

Man, when the Flames traded away Iginla, I knew this team was going to be painful to watch for at least a couple of years. But not this painful.

The Oilers moved into 8th with their curbstomping of the Leftover Flames tonight. I don't care if they keep winning or start losing again; 8th is the one thing Edmonton needs to absolutely not be.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Hey, where the :censored: are all the Ducks fans? 3rd-best team in the league and this game looks like a neutral-site affair in Glendale.

Come on, it's not even close to being that bad :lol:

Wednesday night games are always tough as far as getting there on time. It's usually a late crowd. And for whatever reason, Dallas has always been a tough draw. Couldn't tell you why. Building has filled in a bit more in the second period, as it usually is. Attendance is fine, and has been good all season.

Via NHL.com, tonight's attendance was about 15, 200, which is good for 90% capacity. Considering it's a Wednesday, against Dallas, that's not too bad.

I called it after their first game without Crosby, but watch for the Penguins to start free-falling. Sadly, the farthest they can fall is second.

Next highest Atlantic Division team? NYR is 17 points back.

Next highest division leader? (if they fall to 2nd) WPG is 18 points back.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Also: Who is the Ryane Clowe guy? 2 goals tonight after none in his first 28 games.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha this is amazing

Madness.jpg

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I know I should dread a first round draw with the Oilers, but if the Blues miss the playoffs after acquiring Jay Bouwmeester, I'm going to laugh so hard that I double over and double over so much that I somersault and then keep somersaulting until I roll all the way down I-55 to St. Louis. And then I'll piss in the river.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I'm sorry, but I have never been a believer in Gaborik. He made his bones scoring the goals that had to be scored on a trap team, and tends to get hurt. This year, the Rags have had one of the worst offenses in the league. How great can he be? It seems like this makes a lot of holes in the roster to fill, and it's not like their pipeline is all that great right now. I'm not convinced this makes them a playoff team at all.

Untrue.

Boone Jenner will be on the NHL roster next year and he's a bigger, more physical, better Derrick Brassard with a rookie contract that wasn't "Howsoned" like Brassard's contract.

John Moore is a young defenseman who could still develop into an all-star, but Tim Erixxon and Dalton Prout have been more reliable and with Aucoin probably leaving after this year they'll need to make room for those two as well as Ryan Murray on the blueline. Their young defensive depth meant someone on defense had to go.

Derek Dorsett could be replaced by anybody. He's popular amongst Blue Jackets fans because he brings "grit" and "sandpaper" and he fights a lot. He'll score 10-15 goals in a season, but also lead the league in penalty minutes. There's 4 guys in Springfield right now who could play his role. Blake Comeau for right now.

Maybe it doesn't make them a playoff team this year, but I think the beauty of the deals was that it doesn't hinder them from growing and it makes them a better team in 13-14. They kept the three first rounders and kept all their highest rated prospects while unloading some dead weight. It's sorta like they traded nothing for Marion Gaborik. Trading Klesla for rented Scottie Upshall and rented Sammi Lepisto two years ago at the deadline, now that was a bad deal.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Okay. All fair points. I'm just a noted Gaboiskeptic and I'll die on that hill if necessary.

Can I also say that Bishop for Conacher was a terrible, terrible trade? If this hasn't shaken off the swingers from Steve Yzerman's sack, I don't know what will. Your own recent crease woes be damned, goaltenders are largely fungible. You do not EVER give up a cost-controlled player IN CONSIDERATION FOR ROOKIE OF THE YEAR just to get a goaltender -- especially a 26-year-old project player who has barely had a chance to catch on. Awful, just awful. The Senators really got lucky, getting Turris and Conacher the way they did.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Especially considering it's pretty obvious by now that there's a system/coaching problem and not a goaltenders themselves problem. When every goaltender that comes to the organization posts career-worst numbers, and then does better immediately once they leave, it can't just be coincidence anymore.

I was on the Yzerman side of the Yzerman/Boucher firing point a couple weeks ago. I'm pretty disappointed that he's done something this stupid immediately there-after. Ottawa gets the better of Tampa Bay once again.

spacer.png

I called it after their first game without Crosby, but watch for the Penguins to start free-falling. Sadly, the farthest they can fall is second.

Next highest Atlantic Division team? NYR is 17 points back.

Next highest division leader? (if they fall to 2nd) WPG is 18 points back.

Eh, I'd rather lose a few now while the top two defensemen and captain are out and the new guys are getting a feel for everything. Makes for stronger chemistry in the long run.

Pittsburgh Arsenal - Elite Football League (NFL) - est. 2006 

Can I also say that Bishop for Conacher was a terrible, terrible trade? If this hasn't shaken off the swingers from Steve Yzerman's sack, I don't know what will. Your own recent crease woes be damned, goaltenders are largely fungible. You do not EVER give up a cost-controlled player IN CONSIDERATION FOR ROOKIE OF THE YEAR just to get a goaltender -- especially a 26-year-old project player who has barely had a chance to catch on. Awful, just awful. The Senators really got lucky, getting Turris and Conacher the way they did.

Hockey Genius™!

Shame it had to be Ottawa who fleeced him though.

C'mon guys. Stevie-Y did build a Gold Medal Winning Hockey team, with barely any talent and horrendous goaltending choices.

Anyways. Murray Edwards is a delusional psychopathic crook lawyer who demands the Flames make the playoffs next year. Once a strong suit of the Flames, never giving up in our darkest days are headed for even more darker days and this assclown demands playoffs. It's been easy to blame the general manager for the last 10 years, but the one constant is Edwards and Ken King, seeing as Edwards isn't going anywhere any time soon, he needs to loosen his grip on the franchise and put it in the hands of hockey people or risk becoming another Bill Wirtz.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Archived