The 2013 NHL Season Thread

charger77

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Blue Jackets win in Nashville in Regulation for the first time in 7 years. That was big.

Gaborik had an assist on the first goal and scored the game winner. This pleases me.

We need St. Louis to drop this game to Chicago and we need some help from Vancouver against the streaking Oilers.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Joffrey Lupul is out... looks like a concussion.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Blue Jackets win in Nashville in Regulation for the first time in 7 years. That was big.

Gaborik had an assist on the first goal and scored the game winner. This pleases me.

We need St. Louis to drop this game to Chicago and we need some help from Vancouver against the streaking Oilers.

All of the above. That was a fun game to watch. Jackets Fever, bitches! B)

BB52Big.jpg

All roads lead to Dollar General.

Got to take in the sights of an uninspired, tired, lazy team tonight in Phoenix. Jordin Tootoo succeeded in changing the momentum over to the Coyotes almost immediately after our goal with a couple of whiffed hits, a botched instigator, and a slip and fall. I almost hope we miss the playoffs so heads will roll. I was on the fence about Babs, but who ultimately is to blame when your team plays one period 2 out of every 3 nights? I think it's time for a change. If we do make the playoffs, we're done in the first round. Calling it now.

And PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD GET RID OF DAN CLEARY. We should've traded him yesterday for some old equipment or a Chilis gift card or something.

EDIT: and apparently 5 or 6 of the Coyotes players had the flu. To quote Tippett: "That's the first game I've ever coached with 2 buckets beside me on the bench." That makes tonight's effort from the Wings feel even better.

Wait... the CAPITALS!?!?! The once 2-8-1, "Fire Adam Oates" Capitals... just jumped to the 3 SEED?!?!

What... the... literal... :censored: ?!?!?

Dammit, Winnipeg.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Wait... the CAPITALS!?!?! The once 2-8-1, "Fire Adam Oates" Capitals... just jumped to the 3 SEED?!?!

What... the... literal... :censored: ?!?!?

Dammit, Winnipeg.

Plus the Caps have two games in hand over the Thrashers/Jets, but they have played one more game than the 'Canes.

Therefore, the division crown may not be settled until the last game of the year - again.

Holy crap! Last time I checked yesterday, Winnipeg was 3rd in the East. And now they're 11th?

Looks like it's gonna be a last-minute, season-long game of tag, between them and the Capitals. I was unaware of how the division rankings could have this huge of an impact.

I thought the Jets had it nearly locked-up. Now I'm worried.

The Southeast is even worse than it was in 2011-12, and that's unfathomable.

Washington: 18-19

Winnipeg: 18-21

Tampa Bay: 16-20

Carolina: 16-20

Florida: 12-25

Lightning are 6-11 on the road this season. Three of those wins have come in Raleigh. Two have come in Sunrise. The only other win was a rare win in Newark against the Devils. And, given the relative :censored: tiness of the division, you can't count out the Lightning in the race, given they have a game in hand on Washington, and play them twice more (albeit, both in D.C.). Lightning are closer to #3 than #8 right now, and that's absurd.

spacer.png

Blue Jackets might make it. Kinda excited for them to be honest.

Knew it would take a shortened season for the Beej to have any hope...

Ugh...and looking at the current standings, I can't wait for them to go to a 2-division per conference model.

Having a team with 38 points ahead in the standings of one with 52 just screams wrong to me. It reminds me of 2002, back when I was a Toronto fan, and I could not for the life of me fathom how it was that 91-point Carolina got home advantage over 100-point Toronto. If Toronto had made the Cup Final that year, I would probably still be a Leafs fan today.

So Jay Onrait this morning: I accidentally said the Lightning and Canes were the Leafs and Canes. This is a testament to how similar the jerseys are.

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

Ugh...and looking at the current standings, I can't wait for them to go to a 2-division per conference model.

Having a team with 38 points ahead in the standings of one with 52 just screams wrong to me. It reminds me of 2002, back when I was a Toronto fan, and I could not for the life of me fathom how it was that 91-point Carolina got home advantage over 100-point Toronto.

The only people mourning the passing of the Southeast Division will be all the other teams who got to play them.

If Toronto had made the Cup Final that year, I would probably still be a Leafs fan today.

You are bad at sports.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Archived