charger77

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Winnipeg.

Winnipeg the last 10 games:

Dumpster-Fire.jpg

*checks calendar*

Well, that sounds just about right for this franchise.

But wait...they're in Canada now..everything is supposed to be okay. These are the mighty Winnipeg Jets, remember?

Braves.jpg

BigMac's posts make me want to punch babies.

Hockey is weird and I love it.

It's going to take at least 3 more years to undo the damage done in Atlanta, and 4 more years to get Byfuglien in good enough shape to be an effective winger again.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Cheveldayoff will need to hit a home run this off season if they don't make the playoffs. Wheeler, Little, Byfuglien, Enstrom and Ladd are solid pieces, but they need someone who can keep up with Kane, they hope that's Scheifele, but with a less than stellar free agent class, gonna have to be through trade.

I hope they can make it this year because it's gonna be tougher next year. Starts Saturday against the all of a sudden wonderful Flyers.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

The long-term pieces in place (Ladd, Byfuglien, Enstrom, Pavelec, Kane) are fine. They overpaid for Jokinen, have a lot of deadwood coming off the books next year (Miettinen, Wellwood, Antropov), and have some key guys to re-sign.

I like Hainsey, he's picked up his game a lot, but at $4.5M, he's too much. The Jets have 9 defensemen in Winnipeg right now, and you gotta wonder if they're willing to keep the young guys (Trouba and Postma) to develop at the top, or try to bring in some help on D again. I admit, Clitsome is a pretty good 3rd pairing guy, the guys has hockey sense out the butt, even if it doesn't always show up on the ice.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

I like Clitsome for what he is, personally. What's the story with Bogosian?

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Define story.

I think he'll come back long-term, the Jets have been really good so far about keeping their core together. The extensions that Chevy has made have made fiscal sense, and I think a lot of the younger guys really like playing in the MTSC. Yeah Kane is kind of a punk off-ice, but he's young and rich, from a big city, and seems to live in Vegas when he's not in Winnipeg. Good for him.

Bogo has made huge strides in the last couple of years. I think if they can lock him up long-term for around 3.5-4M a year, both sides will be happy.

And then there's Burmistrov. I like the kid, I like his hustle, and there are times when he looks like Bure.

Unfortunately, he looks like Valeri Bure. if they can't resign him at say 4 yrs $5M, let someone offer sheet him, or trade him for a pick or some depth for the rock. He was definitely rushed into the NHL, thanks ATNALTA.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Define story.

I think he'll come back long-term, the Jets have been really good so far about keeping their core together. The extensions that Chevy has made have made fiscal sense, and I think a lot of the younger guys really like playing in the MTSC. Yeah Kane is kind of a punk off-ice, but he's young and rich, from a big city, and seems to live in Vegas when he's not in Winnipeg. Good for him.

Bogo has made huge strides in the last couple of years. I think if they can lock him up long-term for around 3.5-4M a year, both sides will be happy.

"Story" was a bad way of forming my question, but you told me what I wanted to know. Sorry if I'm spamming you with ?s, I'm a closet Jets fan who'd like to invest more in the franchise. What's your take on Pavelec/Montoya? Pavelec's young and seems Crawford-like in his ability to be maddening/awesome. Outside of being from Chicago, I know next to nothing about Montoya. I like their masks, though.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Montoya is the Islanders' old backup, who used to be their starter, and now he's here. He's capable enough, but with Pavelec playing 45 games this year just won't see any ice time. I'm pretty sure he's a stopgap until Pasquale is ready for backing up in the league full-time, which could be next year.

Pavelec has been the best player on the team this year, DUIs and mindfarts notwithstanding. His main knock is probably the number of rebounds he gives up, but when he's on his game, good hot damn is he on his game. He's taken away so many point blank sure goals this year it's uncanny, but then he gives up a wrister from the circle. Frustrating, but again, still young. As far as I'm concerned, they got him for a song when they gave him his extension, and again, probably a testament to ownership and the city itself that most of these guys aren't going anywhere.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Montoya is the Islanders' old backup, who used to be their starter, and now he's here. He's capable enough, but with Pavelec playing 45 games this year just won't see any ice time. I'm pretty sure he's a stopgap until Pasquale is ready for backing up in the league full-time, which could be next year.

I'm still baffled as to why they didn't give Ed a look during the Montoya injury. I find nothing more frustrating than when a team does not give a prospect a chance. Yes they are in a tight race but give the guy a shot.

Braves.jpg

BigMac's posts make me want to punch babies.

Hockey is weird and I love it.

Probably because they need him in St Johns, and didn't want to wreck his confidence. Everyone knows he's not ready for the jump, but why they didn't bring up the #2 or 3 guy to sit on the bench is beyond me.

If your backup goes down, bring up your backup from the farm. Don't bring up the #1 guy, you still need him in the minors. At least that's my belief.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

To me, there's just no point bringing up your best farmhand to sit on the bench behind your starting goalie. I more than see the reasoning behind calling up your best positional player if say, Kane or Ladd goes down, but if Pasquale's just gonna sit on the bench and eat seeds, then go to the next guy.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

If the backup is out for a significant period, though, wouldn't you want #3 on the depth chart instead of #4? especially in a condensed season?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I am so tired of the Blue Jackets getting goals waived off that no other team gets waived off.

They're probably out of the race now, but playoffs or not this is my favorite CBJ team ever, which is great because it comes a year after my least favorite CBJ team. They've made it fun to watch Blue Jackets games again which hasn't been true since 08-09.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Archived