The 2013 NHL Season Thread

charger77

I can only think that if Colorado were a better team, they'd be playing at Coors instead of in LA.

An outdoor game featuring a decent team (and current SC Champs) is a good idea, but there has to be a better place to put it.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, Denver would be an outstanding place to do it, but that would require the Avs not even being good but just a vaguely functional hockey organization. They're like a zombie.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I can only think that if Colorado were a better team, they'd be playing at Coors instead of in LA.

An outdoor game featuring a decent team (and current SC Champs) is a good idea, but there has to be a better place to put it.

Didn't the Kings play an outdoor game in the middle of summer in Las Vegas years ago?

Didn't the Kings play an outdoor game in the middle of summer in Las Vegas years ago?

Pre-season

These Winter Classics are supposed to be a national event and, really, the one big lure-in for the non-fan. Setting it as "Los Angeles vs. Anaheim" guarantees no national interest. Us hockey fans will watch, certainly, but this kind of spectacle isn't supposed to be designed for the built-in audience.

The Ducks gave us the lowest-rated Stanley Cup Final ever (yes, I know, Ottawa, but they couldn't match Carolina-Calgary), and haven't raised their profile since. They are one of the top four teams on the league right now, and can't even fill their building with their own fans, much less get the rest of the country to give a toss about them. You put the Kings and Ducks in Chavez Ravine, that's not a matchup for national television, that's a game for Prime Ticket that you hope doesn't clash with a Lakers game.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Just thought I'd leave this here....

iR6Op8QV1dkaq.gif

When the hell doesn't Smith have anger issues?

Mike Smith's "fire and da passhin" is admirable up to a point - I think everybody wants at least one guy on their team that's got a wild hair up his ass (or is it hare?), but it's one thing to get chippy/vocal, another entirely to make a spectacle of yourself and venture into the realm of being an outright embarrassment.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

We need a thread dedicated to Mike Smith .gif's.

ku-xlarge.gif

Watching the highlights of Tampa-Washington, I wonder, "who the hell does that guy think he is, Ryane Clowe"? :P

Yeah, don't think I didn't see that at the end of the game. A pathetic, cowardly act as the Lightning saw their season get taken off life support after this disastrous weekend.

spacer.png

Archived