The 2013 NHL Season Thread

charger77

Can someone tell what OITGDNHL stands for?

O - Obese

I - Illinoisians

G - Get

D - doughnuts

N - National

H - Hockey

L - League

edit: damnit Man for telling him. There was fun to be had there!

PvO6ZWJ.png

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

O - Obese

I - Illinoisians

G - Get

D - doughnuts

N - National

H - Hockey

L - League

Really? Moments after insulting Tank's posts for being stupid, and this is what you come up with?

Wow. Hostile. Okay yes moments after insulting Tank's politics in another thread (which have always been open season as long as Ive been here), I wrote an intentionally stupid acronym. My bad.

PvO6ZWJ.png

O - Obese

I - Illinoisians

G - Get

D - doughnuts

N - National

H - Hockey

L - League

Really? Moments after insulting Tank's posts for being stupid, and this is what you come up with?

Wow. Hostile. Okay yes moments after insulting Tank's politics in another thread (which have always been open season as long as Ive been here), I wrote an intentionally stupid acronym. My bad.

I really don't care. I just wanted to know, cause I've seen it used frequently and it made me go "WTF?".

sport-scarf_leafs_zps5f769288.png

seahawks_banner.png

It started as the title of a book I pretended I was going to write about the years of remarkable follies in NHL history, and then Jonathon Gatehouse actually wrote The Instigator, which was more or less the same concept.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Exactly.

It's making a once great product, go stale. I honestly hope it's 75 degrees in Los Angeles when they do this.

And I hope a blizzard destroys Super Bowl 48 and the entire Eastern seaboard!!!

There's a slim chance that a blizzard would hit South Beach Miami in February.

:P

Wouldn't wearing all that equipment and skating around in the California sun and 25 degree weather (Celcius, not Fahrenheit)be uncomfortable?

That aside, a beachside, sunny LA hockey game just won't appeal to the mass markets in Canada and the Northeastern States. Yes, you want to grow the game, but at the end of the day, the Winter Classic is about making money. The beauty of the Winter Classic - and why the 2008 game was the best - is because it epitomized what the game is all about and how most of the players grew up playing: playing outside in the cold outdoors, with snowflakes falling, foggy breath. Playing in some baseball stadium with crappy sightlines in Hollywood takes away the magical childhood aspect of growing up and playing on a frozen pond.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Wouldn't wearing all that equipment and skating around in the California sun and 25 degree weather (Celcius, not Fahrenheit)be uncomfortable?

That aside, a beachside, sunny LA hockey game just won't appeal to the mass markets in Canada and the Northeastern States. Yes, you want to grow the game, but at the end of the day, the Winter Classic is about making money. The beauty of the Winter Classic - and why the 2008 game was the best - is because it epitomized what the game is all about and how most of the players grew up playing: playing outside in the cold outdoors, with snowflakes falling, foggy breath. Playing in some baseball stadium with crappy sightlines in Hollywood takes away the magical childhood aspect of growing up and playing on a frozen pond.

this is acceptable

DON'T TALK TO ME ABOUT HOCKEY

a beachside, sunny LA hockey game just won't appeal to the mass markets in Canada and the Northeastern States.

Maybe not, but it's more than likely that they plan on using the event to generate media buzz for hockey within California.

Money says they call it the California Classic.

8gEj9j7.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

Money says they call it the California Classic.

They may run into issues with the MLS if they do.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Archived